The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2479 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Well I promised a review when I got back from my shows!

I left 5am this morning and performed 2 school assemblies. just got home.
upon finishing setting up and ready for the show I quickly showed my assistant the new app and selected the songs we would use for the show.

I showed her how to play, fade, etc.

I got to tell you that with only a minute or two of showing her how it works she was good to go.
she ran the music and it worked flawlessly!! the fade and jump to next song is just awesome!!

I can not wait to perform my show this week by myself so I can run the music on my own. yes it is that cool. it will let me do so many things that will help my show run even better.

I am ordering the remote today as well.

I give this 10 stars out of 10! well thought out and easy to use.

I will mention that creating playlist on itunes did not seem to work however I contacted Carl via email and with in an hour he replied~! he mentioned that I could use the music player on my iphone to create the playlist. I looked and it was supper easy to create the playlists I wanted!!

the only thing I can possibly say and that could be because I am unaware of how to do it. but when I created playlist not the saved ones but at a show I might want to create a special order of music. once chosen it seems you can not rearrange them you have to clear and start over. by selecting them in order you want to play. which I did not know nor did I read that any where. I discovered that on my own.

however it is such a minor detail that I would not even call it a problem.

buy it and enjoy it.

this app rocks and is truly one that I will look forward to using every show.

by the way I did two 40 minute shows with a 20 minute reset inbetween and it only used about 20% of my battery. I thought that was pretty darn good.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Sam,

Once you get your playlist loaded go to edit, on the left side of the song title press and hold the gray lines and you will be able to move the song to whatever position you want.

Dan
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2479 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Now see that is why I did not say it was a negative. I thought it was possible. I just tried and it worked.

I am so loving this app. I have several shows this weekend including one where I will be part of a revue show and will use it with the Cue sheet for the guy running the music. cant wait.

thanks so much for telling me how to get that done!!

sam
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks for the great review Sam. Dan thanks for helping Sam Smile
Sam you can also have your iPhone or iPad plugged in for power during your shows. You can plug the power chord in right thru the remote dock.

Version 2.1 is coming with a few more cool updates in a couple weeks!

Enjoy,
Carl
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
819 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Carl,

I sent a 5-star rating & review of Show Cues 2.0, but it doesn't show up. Anything that I'm missing?

Thanks for making a great tool even better!

Warm regards,
Lou
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2479 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Carl-- yes I know I can plug in. I was curious as to what kind of power it would draw. I purposely left it unplugged to see what it would do.

thought some people would be interested in that. there are times that you might not have your plug with you and it would be good to have a general idea of what kind of power is going to be used.

I thought that it was pretty fair for what we used it for. 2 40 minute shows and a 20 minute reset and it was on pretty much the whole time and played all the songs used and only took 20% of my battery -- not bad I say.

sam
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Sam, I get it now. That is very helpful info! Appreciate you sharing that.
Aloha,
Carl
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
I have been searching for a good music management system for my shows and I just stumbled on to this thread. Don't have an iDevice at the moment (Yes, I'm one of the dinosaurs) but planning to get one soon so I can use this app.

All this while I have been just putting my music tracks on a CD and then briefing the sound guy at the show venue for a few minutes before my shows. Not surprisingly, it has always been a disaster with the wrong tracks being played, or the right tracks but not started at the right time.

Looking forward to using this soon.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Alextsui, The cool thing about Show Cues is you can control the music yourself or use the cue sheet feature with a sound-tech. I find it only takes a minute to teach them how to use it. During the show, the cues sheets pop up and tell them exactly when to play and fade your tracks. The sound-tech's love using the technology and never miss a cue. When a tech is not available it is very easy to control your own music as well.

We actually have a lot of customers who have purchased an iPad (2nd generation or higher) or iPod Touch (4th generation or higher) just to run Show Cues. Just remember if buying an older device it needs to be able to run at least iOS 6.0.

All the best,
Carl
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Hi Carl, I love the new version. The fade is great. I'm still just using it on my smaller shows because I'm still having some issues on the remote. I have a feature request. I'm not sure how many people will use it, so I thought I would put it out there. It would be nice if you could also use it to play video. I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but I thought I would mention it and see if anyone else would be interested.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Aloha Socalmagic, I have had others ask about video and I intend to look into and see if it is possible, thanks!

There should be absolutely no remote issues at all now. If you have any problem, please contact myself or Shawn directly by email and let us help you with it.

Thanks,
Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The next Show Cues update is almost done. Finishing Show Cues 2.1 adding a few more really cool features as well as ideas from Peter samelson, Peter Mennie, Tim Sonefelt and Shawn Popp.
Available very soon!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3533 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Hi Carl, any plans to offer a manual as PDF download on the support side where I got it before? Would be great... I've sent an email to you, but I guess is vanished within the spam mail Smile. Nevertheless the app is a dream, I bought it even twice as I run it on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Aloha Jan,

Yes the support site does mention to send me an email for the manual. I did not get your email. Please try again and email to carl@carlandrews.com

Thanks for your support!
Carl
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
976 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Will the app work on an iPad mini? Also can I use the remote with an iPad mini.

Thanks
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3533 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am sure, yes! Because it works on the iPhone and iPod Touch as well. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1788 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 11:28, John Martin wrote:
Will the app work on an iPad mini? Also can I use the remote with an iPad mini.

Thanks

The app will work on the iPad Mini and the remote will if you use a 30-pin to Lightning connector adapter:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823Z......-adapter
or
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824Z......fnode=45
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
John thanks for asking and Jan and Michael are correct, thanks guys!

Carl
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3533 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Probably a stupid question, but nevertheless.. In the manual I find on all pictures concerning the display on the iPad on the bottom left hand side a gray smaller button (left to the backwards button) with a sort of rectangle and arrow/triangle... It never appears on my screen. What is it? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3533 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks, got the answer already... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL