The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Vanishing 6 Budgies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I'm in the process of developing an act with 6 budgie productions which I produce like multiplying balls. Now I want to vanish them all at the same time. What do you think is the best way to vanish them all at the same time? Should I use a vanishing bag or a box type cage which transforms them into another animal such as a parrot or rabbit? Or a mini disappearing cage ala Norm Nielsen? Any ideas or suggestions please. Thanks! Smile
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hmmmm....I wonder if one's hands can be large enough to utilize a "Toss Vanish" with tails. Six budgies might equal two large doves. Imagine that! Six budgies in hand one moment, tossing motion upward, and six small silks flutter to stage floor.

Shimada has been known to do 3 large doves at a time according to wife Diana.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Vanishing these little guys uncaged is asking for real trouble. In the dark, doves go to sleep. Parrakeets look for action. Please read my Q & A on this subject on Dove Hotline
http://www.magicauction.com/DoveHotline/DoveHotline.html

In the early days (prior to the 1950s) the vanish was really a kill. We don't do that anymore on purpose. (Unless you have tried to use them like doves.)

The pros vanish them cage and all for a very good reason. The alternative is to use fake parrakeets. I had supper with the new owner of Tannen's recently and he said they still have them. Think of them as a Weller bird.

Vanish them in a square circle or something of the sort where you know they can't climb out. (Then they will just destroy your equipment.) Have your assistant get them off stage FAST.

Lately I have been wasting my time with a quaker. It isn't working either. For years we raised parrakeets wholesale and I had hundreds each week to choose from. I had one that showed some promise as a show animal. It is really tragic that such pretty birds are so poorly suited to conventional magic. After four years I gave up on them. You will also learn that they don't travel as well as doves either.

It could be worse, Lucy, my wife, does magic with live geese. Photo attached. Can I ride with you?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Click here to view attached image.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Vanishing 6 Budgies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL