The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Scanner (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I've actually been using this since my Tommy Pad days. I do understand the fear of the spectator pinching off more than what he's supposed to, and have tried a couple of ways for securing the page (including repositionable glue) but have found that just the bent corner to be sufficient.

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
The pads Ted shows above can be purchased in 3 packs for a dollar at Big Lots here in the states. I am really surprised by some of the comments on this thread. JOse has done the right thing here he realized he reinvented a previously released product bought it's rights and has been very generous with his offerings. I communicated with JOse when he first appeared here concerning a peek wallet he was working on earlier on we exchanged some useful info and found him wanting to do the right thing. He has seemed to be open to communication and taking feedback from those far more experienced then him and his creativity runs pretty freely. I do not own SCANNER but I have not found one bad review on the product, I wish him well with this product.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Mr edwards, could you please give us a few more details about these pads? brand? manufacturer? and such. I have been having trouble finding pads as well, all the ones around here have like a poster board cover.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I did not find the right pads at an office supply store. It seems like discount stores and supermarkets are the places that carry the pads we are looking for.

-Max
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Dear friends,

I am currently working on a practical solution for all of you.
I will send you an update soon.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-08-06 09:35, TJ Halford wrote:
Mr edwards, could you please give us a few more details about these pads? brand? manufacturer? and such. I have been having trouble finding pads as well, all the ones around here have like a poster board cover.

Where are you, geographically?
T.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Tennessee, US
TJ Halford

Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Those tesco pads are ruled I think, anyone ever have trouble with a drawing being done on a ruled pad?

It doesn't bother me to use it but from an aesthetic point of view when performing I like to have blank pads which seem harder to come by

I have been using the tesco ones for a couple of years and sainsburys have a similar addition
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
prestidig
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of prestidig
@tboehnlein

Thanks for the tip to go to Big Lots. I've been looking all over for plain poly-plastic cover pads like this and had no luck until today. 8-packs for $2.50! The brand is bridgeport (distributed by: Big Lots) made in china. I gave it a try with the gimmick and it works great.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Thanks for the tip. I will have to go 2 counties over to check but I know where a big lots is. hopefully they will have some
TJ Halford

tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Those tesco pads are ruled I think, anyone ever have trouble with a drawing being done on a ruled pad?

It doesn't bother me to use it but from an aesthetic point of view when performing I like to have blank pads which seem harder to come BY

I have never given a 2nd thought to it.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Nor I.
T.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I will be going to Big Lots later this evening. Thanks for the tip, I had been getting really flustered trying to find the pads.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
No luck at a Big Lots here! I have pads from José's previous IMP endeavor which I found easily. They work for this. I'm still looking for more pads to build the Scanner as intended. Not had any luck at all. Its crazy out there! Smile
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Definitely, I thought I was going to be able to find the pads easy, and have trouble finding the secret ingredient, but its been the exact opposite. It took me all of 3 minutes to find the latter, and I have been searching for weeks to find the right pads
TJ Halford

Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Well I did find some pads at Big Lots. The covers are a bit more flimsy than I prefer, but eh. 2 bucks for a pack of 8, not too bad. I'm going to make up a couple scanners now and play with em tonight to see how they handle.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Has anybody from Germany bought this Ebook?

I would like to know whether the probs are easy to buy in Germany.

Thanks
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I'm not sure about the pads in germany. I actually had a bit of a time finding the proper pads here in the states so not sure what that suggests. The Pad though is only one of several uses for The Scanner. I actually use it more with a clipboard. I have a clear plastic board with The Scanner applied to it which works fantastically. It's really a clever and adaptable means to an end. I haven't used any other I********* De***e before, and now I don't know that I'd need to. If you like cheap, DIY, lo-tech stuff then jose's Scanner is a surefire way to go, in my mind.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Does sound interesting...but whatt will I learn from it? I have the tommy pad, para-stuff and riggs...

what does this give me that those don't?
I've asked to be banned
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you are in the US and having difficulty finding the right pads, shoot me a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Scanner (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL