We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » GENII Volume 18 1953 Jay Palmer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
Hi guys, Do any of you have a copy of GENII Volume 18 , No.1 1953 I have tried to find a single copy but so far--no luck
I am looking for the article on PAGE 16 by Jay Palmer on Magic Pitchers or the Magic Kettle. Please.. Can anyone help
many thanks
Allen Tipton UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6876 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Allen,
I have a complete file. I can dig it out and make you a scan.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
AskAlexander (the online Genii archive, free with a subscription to Genii) makes this easy to find...

Jay Palmer's "Drinks From Pitchers: A Chronological History" turns out to be a series of 5 articles in Genii during 1953, each focused on a different practicioner of this effect:

1: Chevalier Ernest Thorn
2: Mademoiselle Margo
3: Ryss, the Magic Barman
4: Alvata
5: Merv Taylor

...plus 2 pages of notes from Burling Hull, accompanying installment #3. Installment #5 includes a 9-item bibliography for this effect.

I've sent a PDF to Allen via PM.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I was also going to suggest Ask Alexander. A membership in the Conjuring Art Research Center, for less than $100 a year, grants you access to all the back issues of Genii plus dozens more of the old journals.
Et tu, Spartacus?
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Spartacus, does that $100 membership level include the Sphinx as well?

Jay Palmer's related article, "From Keg to Kettle," appears in the Dec 1951 issue of the Sphinx.
ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
Many many thanks Richard & Ted who were generous enough to send me the articloes for my research
Allen Tipton
UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 13:24, duanebarry wrote:
Spartacus, does that $100 membership level include the Sphinx as well?

Jay Palmer's related article, "From Keg to Kettle," appears in the Dec 1951 issue of the Sphinx.

Here is a list of magazines you get:
Charlier
ABCs of Magic Sets
Abracadabra
Bat
Bibliographies (includes auction catalogs)
Billboard
Chap's Scrapbook
Conjurer's Monthly Magazine
Early Books
Erdnase
Genii
Gibeciere
Goldston Annual
Goldston's Magician
Goldston's Quarterly
GRMT
Hugard's Magic Monthly
Ibidem
Il Prestigiatore Moderno
Jimmy Grippo
Jinx
Jon Racherbaumer Books
L'Escamoteur
L'Illusionista
L'Illusionniste
Linking Ring
Locke's Conjuror's
Magic Circular
Magic, Inc. Books
Magical Bulletin
Magical World
Mahatma
Many Faces of Magic
Miracle Factory Books
MK Ultra
M-U-M
New Conjurors' Magazine
Perennial Mystics
Public Books (out of copyright or negotiated for use)
Selbit's Wizard
Seven Circles
Spanish Gaming Books
Sphinx
Stanyon's
Variety (historic)
World's Fair (historic)
Et tu, Spartacus?
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Is there a 1-month trial of Conjuring Arts Research Center included with the Essential Magic Conference this year?

This is my first year for EMC and I was hoping there would be a CARC trial so I could try it out before taking the full plunge.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Here is their web address and page with news. Send them an email:
http://conjuringarts.org/
Et tu, Spartacus?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6876 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Guys,
The Conjuring Arts Library is an incredible resource. For $95, you can access to one outstanding database that you can search all the magazines listed above. But then you can search with the search to further narrow things down. You cannot believe some of the things you can find.

If you subscribe to Genii, you get a free membership to the online database for the entire Genii file.

I think it is the best $95 investment you can make.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Thank you Richard. I discovered, after I subscribed to Genii, the Conjuring Arts resource. If I had known about CA before I subscribed to Genii, I would have subscribed to Conjuring Arts because I was only interested in the Genii back issues. While I encourage the support of both Genii and CA, if your finances are limited like mine, I would only subscribe to Conjuring Arts.
Et tu, Spartacus?
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
I do have several articles on jay palmer from palmer and doreen. Arthur Leroy also wrote about him... to bad the act dissolved along te years since n one lnows nothing about jay`s drink trick regarding methods and his so mentioned kettle...
If someone does know about it, I would love to know as well a litlle more about jay palmer
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1952 Posts

Profile of John Long
From above, a subscription to Genii or Conjuring Arts allows some type of access to these older references, but can those references be downloaded? or only accessed/read while online?

Thanks;
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » GENII Volume 18 1953 Jay Palmer (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.087677 seconds, requiring 50 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [6] [4] [3] [7] [8] [5] [4]