The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The Show Doctor" by Jeff McBride (iPad only) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
So what's your point Tim? Are you gloating because your have a hard copy and mugs like Jamie and I opted for a more portable version? Not exactly 'magicians helping magicians' are we?😳
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Not really. I hope my comment will be of use to magicians whose analysis of choices runs deeper than merely considering immediate convenience.

Longevity of access appears to be a characteristic which some, who are now expressing dismay, are belatedly realizing they value, but did not adequately evaluate.

Dependency on technical infrastructure and/or agents beyond the customer's control would be an area I would strongly advise considering.

A book is obviously self-contained. It doesn't require anything else to operate it.

But even within the world of ebooks, simple standardized data formats (eg, PDF) which can be freely transferred/backed up and read via multiple platforms will be far less risky than whole programs (apps) which are tethered to a particular computing platform (hardware and operating system) and depend for sustainability on the ongoing operation of multiple business entities (app store AND your particular app vendor). Programs can go obsolete very quickly.

Heck, this didn't even last 2 1/2 years.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I've just discovered the same thing.
Not good

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The Show Doctor" by Jeff McBride (iPad only) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL