The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What do you do with mini cards? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5752 Posts

Profile of motown
George Hills Table Hoppers Clock from Aldo Colombini's Cardboard Curiosities DVD.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5752 Posts

Profile of motown
Shrink A Card from Curtis Kam's Professional Close-up book.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Just bought a dozen miniature decks ($6 on amazon) and 10 one-inch square plastic cubes ($12 on ebay) and plan to play around with working out using them in a card revelation. Of course I can dig out my old Phil Goldstein lecture notes and do "Ice Dice" with two of them.

One other effect using a mini card that comes to mind is for the final revelation of a selection. The magician with the comical air of a pseudo mentalist confidently states (with raised eyebrow and all)"Your card was a larger value card... no wait... it was a smaller one. What was your card?" The audience member who has fallen off his chair in complete enjoyment of your card magic up to this point, states through tears of laughter "It was the King of Diamonds." With that the magician riffles the deck and up pops a mini card of the King of Diamonds. Everyone goes home satisfied and happy.

John
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
232 Posts

Profile of galerius
In effects where a card disappears - 'melts' - in a glass, or bowl, of water I find a mini card can play well.
I developed my personal ( modest ) routine where first time the experiment fails using a standard sized card ( a plastic card cause I actually dunk the card in the water ), then patter about the fact you've missed the effect because you're tired, or the invisible powder you used was too old and spoilt, or any other explanation I choose to give at the moment...then, you try with the minicard and this time all is well, due to the fact the mini was smaller than the previous one and didn't request so much power.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Loyal user
Panama
294 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
There is a pretty effect by Mathew Dowden in his Party Animal DVD's, where a selected card is "thrown" at a spectator's hands and it changes in mid-air into a miniature card
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Mini invisible deck
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
104 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Tommy wonder has a routine called Magic Ranch, it ends with a miniature of the selected card in a plastic egg that is in the full view of the audience the whole time.
MagicVeronika
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
18 Posts

Profile of MagicVeronika
Electric card with mini cards will be a interesting idea.
supremefiction
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
To expand on Andreas suggestion. Do an effect where the regular deck transforms into the mini deck. Then do one or two tricks using the mini deck, maybe a triumph or out of this world. The mini deck can be gaffed (rough/smooth) or preset to a specific sequence. No one would suspect it's a red herring beyond being the kicker ending of the original trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What do you do with mini cards? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL