The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Unleash Your Dreams - which experience have you made (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
139 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
[/quote] Congratulations Paul Foster. When did you buy your seance kit? Recently? I ask you because when I read the topic, it appears that 2-3 years ago people were very happy about the service and props but I can read lots of complain since 2014....
Do many people have good experiences with recent purchases? If yes, what did you buy? [/quote]

Hi Dr SH - I bought this recently actually. There was a minor delay and the first box never turned up. However, the second box did and I am very happy with my purchase.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

President of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
955 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
For what it's worth:
I have an experience that sounds just like the experiences noted here about not receiving items ordered and also excuses of being out of the office. My issue dates back to 2010. I never took action with Paypal, because I trusted and took them at their word. I have been in contact with Chris via email in the past week, but will see how the situation is sorted, and will report if it is handled appropriately.
Dreda
View Profile
Loyal user
France, Paris
210 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Bad experience for me too even if I remain hopeful.
I always wait for my pendulum (April 7)... Smile
Unfortunatly, I'm not the only one that has had this problem (in France and even with professionals performers).

I can be patient but a seller must be precise, he must communicate and he must honour one's commitments.
"I know that I know nothing" - Socrate
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
955 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Back in 2010, I ordered a Monte Box from Unleash Your Dreams. When my package arrived, it turns out that they mistakenly sent me a Spirit Lamp. I immediately emailed them to let them know. At the time I was in contact with Simon. He apologized for the mistake and was cordial in all of our emails. He told me that he would have a Monte Box made and ship it out to me when it was finished. Although he told me it would be sent out, there was no tracking to see what might have happened. The Monte Box did not arrive. After several weeks and a few more emails, our communication ceased, and life went on.

In the past couple of years I moved, and recently I found a few boxes we had not unpacked that were stored away. I found the Spirit Lamp and remembered the situation with the Monte Box. I contacted them via email and was then in communication with Chris. He sorted the situation properly and informed me that he would still fulfill my getting a Monte Box since I had not received one. After 6 years, I found it surprising that they would still make sure that I got the box.

About 12:30 today, I received my Monte Box! It is fun and I am pleased with it. I hope these guys have the best luck with postal services in the future, because the Monte Box is certainly fun to work with. If you know/understand how it works, you're good to go. If not, it doesn't take long to understand the workings. I look forward to keeping it visible so that my guests and my children's guests can be entertained by it.

Thank you to Chris for helping me out on this.
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
118 Posts

Profile of FJR
It's funny, I was thinking about this company just before I came across this thread. I bought a spirit lamp from them years ago (2011/12?) and it came after while - lovely and 'cool', but stopped working eventually after very little use really. But in fairness, it wasn't *terribly* expensive in the scheme of things. But then it all went downhill. I ordered some more expensive item/s, but it never arrived. The typical story that has been well-rehearsed here - promises in emails that things had been/would be posted. Then no responses to regular polite emails every 3 weeks or so, then every few months or so. But nothing. I was disappointed and annoyed, but I gave up on it, and chalked it down to experience.

I was just wondering whether they were still around, so when I saw this thread I was very curious to see what kind of experiences others had had with them. And that's been very revealing! Their excuses about packages going missing are almost comical. Postage is pretty esy to do - tracking and more expensive, safer forms of postage have been around for many years, so it's not rocket-science.

Well, I was wondering this evening whether to give them another try or not. I think this thread had pushed me to a definite 'not'. I've bought a decent amount of paraphenalia from places like Outlaw, Lebanon, Gemini, Dr Landman (via Stevens), and some others, and the quality and service has been excellent. These are all highly recommended businesses. (Well, one of them may be being a little problematic at the moment (and has been in the past I've read), with big delays, but I'll give them another little while before judging them too harshly yet).

Thanks everyone for the feedback - this has been really useful information for me (and others) to make more informed decisions about to whom we direct our hard-earned money for magical wonders.

All the very best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
118 Posts

Profile of FJR
After reflecting some more, and after going through a sorting out and reshelving of my artefacts, I must qualify the above a bit - throw a bit more positive a light on them. I realised I bought two other effects, apart from the spirit lamp, from them back in the day which are both nice effects. And my spirit lamp, which I said above gave up working completely, actually came back to life when I gave it another go the other day. So it's not entirely dead, just a little intermittent, shall we say, or undead.

The bad experience I got from them was only one aspect of my experience with them - some sort of deluxe seance kit which I never received. In fairness to them, the other three items I received from them were delivered, and were pretty nice effects, especially the spirit lamp.

For the sake of balance and fairness to the company, I thought it important to note this.

All the best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
StreetWalkinCheeta
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of StreetWalkinCheeta
Well, add another unhappy buyer. Been about seven weeks since first purchased and three weeks ago they said it would be going out the next day. Nothing and now not answering my emails. Too bad as I really loved their art.
vjr
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of vjr
Another unhappy buyer. I have purchased this object 2016 sep 7.
I send mail 2016-09-28, 2016-10-19, 2016-10-26, 2016-11-02, 2016-11-09, 2016-11-21, 2016-11-24, 2016-12-14, 2017-01-05 and 2017-02-06.
At each time, the order is delivered to me asap or next week.
Nothing or refund received at this time.
A seller must honour one's commitments.
A french magician very disappointed.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4787 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Every time I visit this thread I get depressed. UYD had such great products, but now, who is willing to throw the dice on an order? What a shame.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2559 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Every time I visit this thread I get depressed. UYD had such great products, but now, who is willing to throw the dice on an order? What a shame.

Agreed. I almost pushed the button many times, but held back.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
82 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I want to share my experience with Unleash Your Dreams. I saw a spirit lamp on ebay and ordered it. Later, I realized that Unleash Your Dreams was the seller and had a dedicated UK web site. Before that, I never knew about them. After going to their web site, I decided to try a number of their items that looked like they'd work in my show, or at least be something I'd want to experiment with. I contacted them and corresponded with them via email. To save them some shipping costs I agreed it was okay to ship my ebay purchase with the other items I ordered directly from them. I was patient and understanding knowing it was custom work and would take awhile to produce. Six months later I was still waiting. I'm going to make a long story short here. After over a year, and at least 25 emails and contacts, I believe I was lied to, stalled, told it was coming, that there was only one last thing to finish and it would all be on the way, etc, etc. Repeatedly I was told it would ship within a few days but that never happened. Finally, after those stories wouldn't fly anymore I asked for a refund. I contacted them and, lo and behold, it had just shipped. Of course, they were out of town and couldn't confirm that but would let me know as soon as they got back. The items never arrived. When I asked for tracking information they stopped corresponding with me. Now honestly, had they just told me they were in financial trouble, sick, or had been up front about the problem, I would have forgotten about it and just let it go. I've been in the entertainment business my whole life and understand things don't always go as planned so I would have just moved on. At this point, I'm not seeking retribution or revenge, or trying to hurt anyone's reputation. I just want to warn my friends here of my poor experience with this seller. I'm assuming something serious or unexpected caused this to happen as I like to think the best of people. I requested a refund (it was about $200 total) and of course ... crickets. Anyway, if you buy enough stuff, I guess sooner or later this will happen and it's my turn. It's really the first time in forty years this has happened to me so I guess that's a pretty good track record. I hope this post will save someone else from throwing away their hard earned money who may be less able to afford it than me.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive young woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
It's been a couple of years since I ordered anything and whilst things did turn up, the quality of some of it was very poor. "Victorian" artifacts clearly just printed off onto normal paper and then roughly cut out, for example. Spirit lamp lightweight and unusable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Unleash Your Dreams - which experience have you made (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL