The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Unleash Your Dreams - which experience have you made (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
So, I ordered an other Curio set, since I never received the first one ordered early september.
It's 2 weeks now since it's shipping, and still nothing (I'm in France, and I received many packages ordered in the US)... I don't know what to think. I had to open a Paypal litigation procedure to have some answers about the first order, and now I don't have answers about the second one.
Footman
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Footman
I tried to place a large order early in October but nothing arrived and then got no response from UYD so had to raise a paypal dispute. I was refunded immediately
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Sorry to hear people have Run into problems, when I've previously dealt with him, I got nothing but quick responses and pretty fast shipping for having to come across the pond
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I've ordered a couple things over the last two months. While it's been hit-and-miss with shipping (I suspect sometimes the nature of the items holds them up when coming from overseas--one order arrived extremely quickly, while the other is MIA after more than a month) Simon has never failed to respond to an update request.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
I waited a VERY-VERY long time for a box of delights.
Simon used to be absolutely top-notch to deal with, and I have bought a lot from him.
But, sadly, his service became intolerable and he no longer answered any emails.
For that reason, I stopped dealing with U.Y.D. some time ago.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I found them difficult to deal with and the products were always disappointing - I now skip them entirely and save a little longer for something of higher quality with better customer service.
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
So I guess I lost 76€ Smile
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Unfortunately, I'm having very poor luck as well. While I was originally getting replies to my inquiries over the last two months (each reply saying he'd get right back to me with a tracking number--which never happened) the last three weeks have seen zero communication/replies.

Taking him at his word, I did not file a PayPal dispute when I had the chance, so that opportunity to recoup my payment is long past. I guess I'm out that money.
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I got a mail on 11/11, I get told that my second order came back to the shop. I sent an answer telling that I was ready to pay a little more to have a parcel tracking number (3rd time I asked it I think). No answers to my mail at the moment, despite an other mail I sent monday.
On the other hand, I received a flash pot sent by T. Wisseman last week (I'm in France)...
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Early on I had great results and then the service began to fall off. I wish I could say “oh well” but this is not an uncommon story……Creative people try and run a business and realize…stuff, life, hard times come their way……
People trust you with their money and you have made promises….sorry…..just doesn’t cut it.

If you returned peoples money and said....I am sorry........we would understand

And really...friends vouching for someone....... is little consolation for those defrauded.

and please no pm's from well meaning friends about....life problems, suicidal tendencies or any other baggage.

If you want to run a business....step up...or just announce you are out of business.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Can't argue with that RCP Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I think I'll litigate on Paypal (again), since it was the only way to have an answer weeks ago.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

If anyone else has heard a peep within the last month, let me know. Once the timeframe to open a PayPal dispute was over, so were any communication/assurances that he'd send the items out. This is quite disappointing. His eBay account has received well over 100 positive feedbacks in the last month, so Simon is definitely sending stuff out and communicating. Apparently, though, just to eBay people who can leave feedback--not us.

It's no way to run a business.
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I finally called Paypal and I was able to open a litigation for the first set I ordered early september (I couldn't for the one for october since I already had opened a litigation on october due to the lack of answers of the seller). But I've still not received anything.... 2 Curio sets ordered, nothing on my mailbox. The only answers I got was answers to the litigations, telling my that his mailbox had issues, blablabla...
I miss my euros.
Footman
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Footman
When I placed a big order with him, he gave excuses such as he has no internet access, phone problems, staff shortages, holidays, etc etc. It's odd that he continues to sell a lot on eBay with good feedback yet he ignored orders on his own website.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, vianns wrote:
I finally called Paypal and I was able to open a litigation for the first set I ordered early september (I couldn't for the one for october since I already had opened a litigation on october due to the lack of answers of the seller). But I've still not received anything.... 2 Curio sets ordered, nothing on my mailbox. The only answers I got was answers to the litigations, telling my that his mailbox had issues, blablabla...
I miss my euros.

PayPal will refund your money and if there is a pattern terminate his ability to use the service. PayPal is considered a bank and defrauding bank customers is a felony with very harsh penalties.
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
Here's my story and why I had only one order refunded:

I ordered a Curio set early september. I never get it. Early october, I ordered a new one. 2 weeks later, nothing, no news, no answers no my mails. So I opened a litigation on Paypal for this second Curio set. This litigation wasn't to get a refund, only to have answers. Which I got, so I closed the litigation. But it was only answers.
Late November, still nothing, no answers to my mail. I called Paypal, and the guy told me that he couldn't reopen a litigation which has been closed before, or open a litigation for an order which has already been litigated (sorry for my english, I'm french).
In normal circumstances, you have 45 days to open a litigation. But the Paypal guy told me that I was able to open a litigation for my september's order (>45 days). So he did. So I got a refund. But only for my first order, since I can't litigate my second order again.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Vianns,

Sorry to hear about your trouble and PayPal alleging an inability to re-open a dispute. You may still have a chance to get your money back if you used a credit card via PayPal to pay for the order. Most credit card companies have a limited window in which to dispute charge. However, I have learned that some credit card companies will extend the window if you've rec'd correspondence from the Vendor indicating a later-than-originally promised date of receipt of the item. So if your PayPal payment went via a credit card, then try contacting your credit card company, and let them know the full story, including dates of correspondence from the vendor and any changes in ship date. They may let you still open a dispute based on the particular facts of your case, even thought the "typical" window has passed.

I had a lot of trouble getting an order from UYD as well:

1 Dec. 2012 - Placed an order for a PK Witch Bottle and the New Spirit Lamp Kit on Dec. 1 2012 (Fri eve). Simon provided an impressive same-day response to my emailed questions. I was told he would start making the items that coming Mon.
16 Dec. 2013 - Witch Bottles arrived...but no NSLK. After sending an email rec'd a same-day response that the NSLK would be sent shortly, with a tracking number.
1 Jan 2013 - Sent inquiry as to status and asking for a tracking #. Same-day response told me that NSLK would be sent the following Mon or Tue.
1 Feb 2013 - Still no NSLK and no tracking #. Sent inquiry as to status...again asking for tracking #.
4 Feb. 2013 - Rec'd response stating "...cannot believe this has not been delivered...calling Royal Mail and USPS to find out what has gone on here. Will be back in touch today." But no tracking # was provided.
5 Feb. 2013 - Having not rec'd the promised 4 Feb follow-up, sent another inquiry.
6 Feb. 2013 - Simon tells me that USPS and RM confirmed parcel still in transit, but that he would send a new parcel out as a replacement...and that parcel would leave within 24 hrs. Curiously, still no tracking # provided for the first parcel.
13 Feb. 2013 - Receive message from PayPal that a parcel is on its way. Curiously, no such PayPal message was ever rec'd for the "first" NSLK.
23 Feb. 2013 - Neither "first" or "second" NSLK has arrived. Send another inquiry to Simon. Same day response "I'll get all the details sorted for you and mail them across."
10 Mar. 2013 - Promised details still not rec'd. Send another inquiry. Ask again for a tracking # (to date, have not rec'd a tracking # for any packages).
14 Mar. 2013 - Sent another inquiry, having still not rec'd either "first" or "second" NSLK nor any tracking #'s. Same day response, Simon gives me a RM tracking #; tells me if I don't receive the NSLK w/i 48hrs, he'll "send another shipment via a courier such as USP or FedEx." (By my count, this would be a "third" shipment of an NSLK.)
15 Mar. 2013 - Emailed Simon to let him know that RM's system does not recognize the tracking # he gave me.
21 Mar. 2013 - Having rec'd no response to my 15 Mar. message, I send another inquiry, asking for confirmation of the most recent tracking #.
25 Mar. 2013 - Simon responds "...I'll send another out to you via special delivery. I'll get full details on line tracking." I respond same-day that I am submitting a dispute via American Express, as my dispute window will otherwise close. But I let him know that if any of the (now 3?) deliveries arrive, I will cancel the dispute.
7 Apr. 2013 - Still no confirmation of previous erroneous tracking #, and no tracking number for "third" mailing to date...and no other correspondence from Simon. I let him know I am giving up on the transaction and formally canceling my order, and will continue to pursue the dispute I set up with American Express. Same day response from Simon "I can confirm that this was sent out to you." But he still does not provide a tracking #. I respond back to him asking again for a tracking # if he has in fact sent out the "third" package; and that if the item does show up, I will still have an opportunity to cancel the dispute.
13 Apr. 2013 - No response from Simon, no tracking # provided. PayPal confirms that American Express has resolved the matter in my favor and that I have been refunded the money.

As of this posting, I have never heard back from Simon, nor have I ever rec'd any of the three NSLK's that Simon told me he had sent.

I highly recommend American Express for placing on-line orders. They have an excellent dispute resolution department.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
Woaw Smile

I had an exchange of mails today and everything look sorted out.
I don't know what happened this last months, but it was probably a cocktail of technical issues, misunderstandings and lack of communication, on both sides. Simon refunded me my second order (which Paypal told me they couldn't reopen a litigation) and proposed me to sent this order with free shipping fees, and to pay it only after the shipping with a tracking number.
I had been very frustrated about it this 2 last months, but now this issue is solved and I feel better Smile I guess I was part of the few % of customers who have some issues ordering items overseas. But it's ok now !
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Glad to hear you've been able to sort things out and get your refund.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Unleash Your Dreams - which experience have you made (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL