The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Steve Young putting his own spin, on an old plot. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Steve Young has a wicked mind. When I say wicked, I mean really clever. He has come up with a thing of beauty. 

I am genuinely exited to get my hands on these cards, because I know exactly how I'm going to use them, and the very fact that Paralabs is involved, I know it's going to be top quality stuff. I'm sure they don't just put their name to anything unless they believe in the project.

For those who know me, they will tell you that I am not a lover of ESP testing cards, but the ESPY-onage deck  s not an average ESP testing deck.  These cards are so much more, that is why I am very eager to get my hands on a set.

The ebook:
What I love about the ebook, is the way Steve teaches you. It's something I haven't seen before. I think it's a really clever way to get your mind searching for ideas and presentations. I hope to see more authors choose this root to teach. 

The teaching is very in depth, and well thought out, with the readers learning process in mind.

The ebook has fantastic back story, and 3 presentations ready to go.
*Target Man
*Two, Two, One
*Psychic Espionage

There are revelation tips, that will make your mind spin, because you probably would not of thought of them.

The markings on the cards are very cleverly disguised on what is, a very uncluttered back design. They are very easy to read once you know what to look for.

The great thing, I can see, about ESPY-onage is, you can perform for just one person, or (I believe), a whole audience of a thousand people.

With this deck, you could perform a whole 20 minute act with them. 

Imagine having the whole second half of your show in your hand. I really do believe it is possible with this deck.

If you wanted, you could even use these cards for pr*-s**w, which is the way I intend to use them.

So many ideas are running around in my head about these cards. Here are a two of them. I'm thinking, a "Reminiscence" type routine and a "Q&A" routine.

Here are some thing I would like to point out and believe is great about this deck:

* You can have a 20 minute mind reading show in your hand.

* You are able to take one "glance" at the back of a card, and know one piece of information about that card. Once you know this, it will very cleverly link to seven pieces of information on that card with almost no effort or memorisation.

*Every card has different information on it, no two cards are the same.

*You can throw away all your other ESP testing cards.

*Not even a sniper would be able to spot the markings on these bad boys".

Maybe you have a 10 minute spot on stage, or you are looking for something to put in to your show, or maybe you want a nice close up effect. If so, then this is a must for any serious or budding performer. 

Steve Young has just put his own spin on the way ESP testing cards are used in mentalism.

Well done Steve, I really hope you do well with these cards, because I believe this is a step in the right direction for the ESP testing plot. 

You are a great writer, teacher and a very cool guy too Smile

Kindest Regards 
Myke Phillips
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Darn I just bought a lifetime's worth of ESP cards. Will Steve give me a rebate?

Sounds good. Can't wait to get these. Do I buy them or is there a download? Smile

R they ready to go?

J
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Since it's a physical product, you will order them directly at Steve's site. However, I can see Steve send you the instructions as pdf in advance to teach you everything you need to know before the cards arrive.
My set is on the way and should have arrived last week already; a booktest with cards - you surely can imagine how excited I am!!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Equally excited by these, as I love the Cold War plot...cards on the way!

Dr Todd
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
PS: You should check out the other thread in Latest... Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks Myke for the "wicked mind" comment, which I think was a compliment Smile

I'm still putting the finishing touches to a banner to go up here on The Café, so I don't feel it's fair for me to start pushing a product until that is in place.
So I'm not going to say anything about the commercial side of things. The details are out there to be found.

I will say that this has been three years in the making.
It was inspired by an effect I read by the wonderful Dr Todd.
And Nicolino has run his professional eye over this and has since made substantial contributions to the follow up effect due out September 1st.

The cards themselves have been produced and designed by Paralabs. They are beautiful.
They are 11.5cm x 9cm (4.5 x 3.5 inches)
The stack of 40 cards is the same thickness as a regular bicycle deck including the box.

I'm getting on a bit now and my memory is pretty well shot, so I wanted something that required no data memorisation. ESPy-onage is it.
The method can be learned in a couple of minutes. Really!
Discovering everything you can do with these cards will take a lifetime.

The accompanying e book will be sent out at the same time as the cards are shipped.
Purchasers will have the method down long before the cards arrive.

Maybe some people who've read the instructions can comment on the method as I may be just a little biased.

regards
Steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Am I biased?
Yes, no doubt.

BUT NOT because Steve is a great guy and I consider him a friend.
AND NOT because I might have any financial involvement in this (I haven't).

Instead, I am biased because every now and then a new clever method is born which makes me smile immediately while reading. And I just haven't enough corners of my mouth to smile with when studying Steve's composition...

So take his with a grain of salt if you think that my kind of bias was wrong. But ESPyonage marks the foundation of a principle that Steve calls the 'relativity system'.
Generally spoken, it's a brilliantly disguised way to hide and retrieve a wealth of data from one tiny bit of information (which itself can be hidden innocently).
This sounds vague on purpose because it is such a versatile idea that you just can't limit yourself to one application alone.

The system can be grasped in a couple of minutes honestly, but to reproduce it fluently there is the need of some rehearsal, of course. The nice thing is you have all the time in the world to do so during performance.

It speaks volumes of Steve's integrity not to advertise his effect prior to having bought a banner but I couldn't resist to finally comment on this beauty which we have been discussing over for a couple of months.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 03:24, steveline wrote:
I'm still putting the finishing touches to a banner to go up here on The Café, so I don't feel it's fair for me to start pushing a product until that is in place.

I grew up with people like you. Here I thought I thought they were long gone.

Thanks for showing the new generation what class is like.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Why thank you sir.

steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Whoopeee!

My banner is up on the Mentally Speaking page.

And my name has changed. No more Steveline (which in case any one was interested, was an amalgamation of Steve and Eveline. Romantic or what!)

Steve
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Congrats!
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratulations Steve, sounds like a real winner.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Toyed a lot with the cards today - they are indeed are piece of sheer beauty! Their XL-size and manufacturing quality make them very special and detract from any ever so slight association with "playing cards".
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Cards arrived today...High quality stock, devious design, innocent as a newborn.

Well done Steve!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the comments guys.

It is exactly 24 hours to launch.
Check on the site for details of the special launch price.

Tonight I will post on the site the back-story for these cards, Then maybe the teaser video clip will make a little more sense.

Steve
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 05:52, Stephen Young wrote:
Whoopeee!

My banner is up on the Mentally Speaking page.

And my name has changed. No more Steveline (which in case any one was interested, was an amalgamation of Steve and Eveline. Romantic or what!)

Steve

Steve is a real gent, a top class thinker and a craftsman. I was privy to this idea sometime back (he let me in) and I am almost pi**ed with him for releasing it (it's a little cracker!).

What do I know about Steve?

Whether it be his woodwork, photography or mentalism he does it with love, pride and attent and that really shows through in the results. He is not in the game to make a quick buck, but rather because he loves the art and because of that he will flower where many fail.

There is many a lesson to be learnt from such a humble man and I for one am proud to call him a friend.

Pete
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He is a mighty fine fella...

I didn't know about his woodcrafting skills though...hmmm...
I've asked to be banned
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Master Picture Framer. As commended by The Fine Art Trade Guild.

Thank you for the kind words chaps, but I'd just like to point out Peter, that you are still not sleeping in my bed when you come over to lecture.

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
ESPy-onage is now alive and kicking.

http://www.thoughtillusions.com/espy-onage.html

Now if I can just get Paypal to link back to my site correctly I'll be a happy man.

Steve
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Ordered! (I hope Paypal links back to your site, too!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Steve Young putting his own spin, on an old plot. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL