The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Kryptonite" by Julian Moore (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Our own Julian Moore has united an excellent three-some of mentalism routines featuring cards entitled "Kryptonite". He has released a number of highly regarded works for mentalists, and this will be no different. I do not "know" Julian, other than from his works. His work speaks volumes. His new one features these:

1. Empircal Empathy
2. The Impossible Chair Test
3. Chaos Theory

Empirical Empathy: This is a classic method, given a mentalist presentation and dressing. It is subtle and fooling. I have used a similar classic card effect, but Julian's presentation and participant involvement sets this apart. Simple and lovely piece.

Impossible Chair Test: is a routine where people select cards and arrange themselves behind one of three chairs. Cards or positions can be changed, but in the end all is predicted in an audience astounded fashion. I commented before about this routine. THIS IS A MENTALIST'S ROUTINE (and methodology). "The play is the thing"... and Julian's routine demonstrates this philosophy. Jheff Poncher has a review of this here: http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/impochai.html

Chaos Theory: In my interest in the ACAAN plot, I have not come across a similar solution. I REALLY like his answer. Again, this method will appeal to mental guys, but maybe not the card mechanics. I have been thinking about how I would modify and I can't think of much I could change. This is the presentation: The audience is asked to think of a number and a participant is invited to help. He envisions a few cards and the audience is asked to decide (once again). The card is found at the audience agreed upon position and card value. This is excellent card mentalism with an excellent presentation.

$25 is a great price for three great presentation pieces with cards. Highly recommended. This can be found at his site here: http://www.thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk

With Regards,

Sean
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I agree with, and defer to, Sean's excellent summary evaliation. Having long been a fan (a mild term) of Bev's
work in readings, I was delighted to see these wonderful pieces orinally and now put together in a dirt cheap volume.

Again, I don't know what to add to Sean's post because-- wait! Yes I do! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

And for the three of you out there who don't know Bev's work, indulge! (He's always got some kind of sale, often linkked to the UK's beautiful weather (rain, mud, more rain, more mud). You won't regret any of it!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
A bargain for what you get. No doubt.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Kryptonite" by Julian Moore (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL