The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ESPy-onage by Stephen Young (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Customs is a !@#$%, no doubt. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping fate is on my side.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Do any of you guys have to pay extra tax on stuff you order from Europe.
Sometime when I get stuff from the states I get charged sometimes 15 euros, sometimes 30 euros on top of the item and the shipping I've already paid.

steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Curious about the dry method with shoe polish Steve. Any specific kind of polish? I would assume neutral?

I know Roth has a secret to his madness. Wonder if his method could be used with any pasteboards.

PS: I never have to pay any customs fees here in the USA. As for the slow speeds, I think it just depends on the time of the year more then anything. Funny, they do not have to deal with as many letters since emails came into being. But mail is much slower also, go figure.

Decomp
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
There are several threads about DIY card aging on the Café like that one for example.
The most used methods/materials are tea, coffee, shoe polish, distress ink pad, steel wool, oven, ashes and so on... I'd suggest you try out your first attempt on a sample card of similar card stock and gloss.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Quote:
On 2012-09-09 17:38, Stephen Young wrote:
Do any of you guys have to pay extra tax on stuff you order from Europe.
Sometime when I get stuff from the states I get charged sometimes 15 euros, sometimes 30 euros on top of the item and the shipping I've already paid.

steve

In Canada, we only pay customs duty, if the parcel is valued at over $80. Of course, a supplier can kindly place a lesser amount or "gift" on the customs declarartion if he so chooses. Rarely do I get hit with duty or tax. It's just that customs here is understaffed and soooooo *** slow.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 05:30, Nicolino wrote:
There are several threads about DIY card aging on the Café like that one for example.
The most used methods/materials are tea, coffee, shoe polish, distress ink pad, steel wool, oven, ashes and so on... I'd suggest you try out your first attempt on a sample card of similar card stock and gloss.

Thanks for the phletora of info Nicolino!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
How is this packaged - I am beginning to think that Candian customs views this material as real espionnage and is confiscating it at the border without any notice to either shipper or receiver. Perhaps we are being watched as we speak....er, type.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
My package was marked on the outside as "Business Cards", which I thought was a nice touch.

It's just a padded envelope though. Shouldn't be too suspicious.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Mine arrived today. Good quality, got to practice. Packaging was excellent....more later, got to get my run in before all nighter.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
IMO, I don't devine all 7 categories. Just 2-3 to me is all that is needed unless challenged. I don't want to make it look like it is fixed. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
This movie was recommended to me tonight:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234548/

May be worth a watch on remote viewing.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Having used these cards quite a few times now, I fully agree with Decomposed that it is best for the spectator to only concentrate on one or two of the categories on the card. Thanks to the system, you could actually allow the spectator the choice of which category to use. Or alternatively, they concentrate on a category and which you seem to have difficulty in picking up. You ask them to concentrate on another one which you do successfully divine and, as a parting shot, add 'Oh were you thinking of such and such a time before?' - as indeed they were, so creating a double whammy.

These cards offer so many wonderful possibilities.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Correct, Neil - you woulnd't use an Invisible Deck three time in row either. Less is (very) often more.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 03:52, NeilS wrote:
Having used these cards quite a few times now, I fully agree with Decomposed that it is best for the spectator to only concentrate on one or two of the categories on the card. Thanks to the system, you could actually allow the spectator the choice of which category to use. Or alternatively, they concentrate on a category and which you seem to have difficulty in picking up. You ask them to concentrate on another one which you do successfully divine and, as a parting shot, add 'Oh were you thinking of such and such a time before?' - as indeed they were, so creating a double whammy.

I like this....the miss and then coming back to it....btw.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
My set is en-route but the PDF download was on my pc within minutes.
This looks very convincing indeed and I also agree with Decomposed, that less is more.
Nice job Steve.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Another vote for less is more. And if you come across the same specs at another time, you can always change the reveal. I keep a written diary(so to speak) just so that I know what I did on all previous occasions.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 03:52, NeilS wrote:

Sweet, I like that Neil, good jazz, "I'm not picking up on that one, please choose a category that perhaps is high priority to you just today"
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, you can really jazz it up by playing around with categories. That's why having so much available info is such a plus.

And Wayne, you know how highly I think of you, but.....you really have to change that avatar. How about a genuine police badge?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
The elusive replacement card 32 has touched down guys.
All new orders, and a few recent ones, will include the new card.
All replacement cards are on the way to owners as we speak.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Steve
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Now that my cards have arrived, I can state without hesitation that this is what I thought it would be and more. Imagine 7 startling revelations all on one chosen card with only an observation and an easy calculation and memory. The card stock and printing is excellent both on front and back. The back story supplied is one that many may use as well. You have the option of revealing a little or a lot depending upon the situation you are in. I am happy with this purchase and definitely will be actively using these cards. Well done, Steve!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ESPy-onage by Stephen Young (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL