The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Larry Anderson's Jaw Droppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jroen
View Profile
New user
Belgium
26 Posts

Profile of jroen
Hello magicians,

After a 5 year break from Card magic, I'm very eager to get started again... Smile
I was shopping on a Magic webshop when I came across this (cheap) video: Larry Anderson - Jaw Droppers.

As I'm merely interested in Card Magic, I wonder if it's worth the buy.
Do any of you possess this video? If yes, does it include sufficient card skills & tricks?

I've read a couple of mixed reviews, some stating that it contains a few gems, but others stating that it is a bit straight forward and not really tricking the audience...

Best regards,
Jeroen
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
If someone was new to magic, sure, great set.

Not knowing your experience with cards, it's hard to tell. Before your break, what card magic were you performing?
jroen
View Profile
New user
Belgium
26 Posts

Profile of jroen
I was performing on the streets for tourists.
I never learned tricks that include gaffed or gimmicked cards, my philosophy was/is that a spectator can inspect my deck at any moment. The only exception to this rule was my 'invisible deck' as a killer trick at the end ;-)
My first teacher was the book 'royal road to card magic': mechanics, overhand shuffle, (under)cuts, palm, glide, DL, etc.
I also learned a lot from ellusionist's Brad Christian: top/bottom change, turnover pass, classic pass, force... but also checked Daryl & Michael Ammar.
Color changes are my weak point, I'm having difficulties mastering the bertram change & snap change for example.
My favorite tricks were The Biddle Trick, Dai Vernon's Triumph and some Torn & Restored trick (think Andy Garcia version).
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jroen, I'd say you're well beyond the Jawdroppers card material.
jroen
View Profile
New user
Belgium
26 Posts

Profile of jroen
Okay, thanks for your opinion, I won't buy it then.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I have volume 2, tried to track down the company that produced the Jaw droppers DVD/ Visio, I want to copy them to sell at parties, need permission,
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, wally wrote:
I have volume 2, tried to track down the company that produced the Jaw droppers DVD/ Visio, I want to copy them to sell at parties, need permission,

According to Larry Anderson himself, Magic Makers owns the rights.

https://youtu.be/xlolTpIKGEE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Larry Anderson's Jaw Droppers (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL