The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Now is the Time! by Ted Karmilovich (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
328 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Received an email today from Tannen's about the following exclusive offering. Intriguing!
Dave
______________________________________________________________________________________
Now is the Time! by Ted Karmilovich $129.95 (IN STOCK AND NOW SHIPPING!)

Over coffee, lunch, or dinner an envelope is placed in full view. At any time during the meal the participant announces that “Now is the time!” The performer states that earlier in the day he wrote out a prediction. He took a non-working watch and set it to the moment he made that prediction. The spectator removes both the prediction and watch from the envelope. The performer has amazingly predicted the exact moment the participant would make her announcement!

Close-up. Stage. Predict other moments. Numerous performance possibilities. No sleights. No electronics. No outside gimmicks. Self-contained. Watch included.

"Pure genius. A GREAT watch prediction. Anytime. Anywhere. And so simple. A masterpiece from the creative mind of Ted K.”
– Neal Scryer

"Convinces anyone they have been part of a psychic experience. Brilliantly conceived. Creates anticipation, builds suspense, and ends with a devastating shock to the participants!”
– Allen Zingg

"A prediction of a moment in time straight from the Twilight Zone.”
– Neal Rider

"An outstanding performance piece for the mentalist, seance, or bizarre worker. It will stun your host and result in a few sleepless nights...”
– Sebastian Black

"A watch effect for the ages. Truly outstanding. Easy to do with excellent impact."
– Tony Razzano
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Seems to impossible to be true! I would wait ,to hear reviews on this one!
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Not impossible! There is another thread about this in inner thoughts. I listed there other effects that are similar in theme.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16398 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I would really, REALLY like this...i may order it from the states and risk the extra charges...
NEW RELEASE - VALID-DICTION BOOKLET
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1070 Posts

Profile of bekralik
It would be nice to see a picture of the included watch.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16398 Posts

Profile of IAIN
NEW RELEASE - VALID-DICTION BOOKLET
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1070 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Thanks. I apologize if I missed it when I went to the site before.
Thornborn
View Profile
New user
Italy
2 Posts

Profile of Thornborn
It sounds brilliant... We need reviews!
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Quote:
On 2012-08-28 19:14, IAIN wrote:
I would really, REALLY like this...i may order it from the states and risk the extra charges...

You wont regret it. Is a piece of work alright.
~NYN
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2508 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Hopefully will have my thoughts posted soon
Twitter: @GSBKY and Author of "Inspired"
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2508 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just got this and read through the material. I have not tried it out yet so these are just my initial thoughts. It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the method. This looks like it will be very effective. It is simple to perform. One can certainly focus just on presentation. I like it very much. I am working an event next week and will definitely include this. Can use for stage or close up. Very nice. Thumbs up.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Brehaut...your style often seems similar to mine...so you got me interested...
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4453 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 15:56, brehaut wrote:
Just got this and read through the material. I have not tried it out yet so these are just my initial thoughts. It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the method. This looks like it will be very effective. It is simple to perform. One can certainly focus just on presentation. I like it very much. I am working an event next week and will definitely include this. Can use for stage or close up. Very nice. Thumbs up.

Please give us a review of the piece when you've done it. I'm interested and real curious.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
bremen79
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
111 Posts

Profile of bremen79
I am curious about it too, and I would like to read a review, however I am also a little bit skeptical.
I have no idea of how it works, but what would stop the spectators to think that the clock simply stopped working, in same way, when extracted from the envelope?
Francesco

"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance" Jon Stewart
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2508 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-09-02 17:44, bremen79 wrote:
I am curious about it too, and I would like to read a review, however I am also a little bit skeptical.
I have no idea of how it works, but what would stop the spectators to think that the clock simply stopped working, in same way, when extracted from the envelope?

The spectator is holding the envelope. There is no reason for them to think by opening the envelope something is triggered that stops the watch.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2508 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-09-02 17:04, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 15:56, brehaut wrote:

Tom--will let you know how this effect goes after my performance at a paid event

Please give us a review of the piece when you've done it. I'm interested and real curious.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1055 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On 2012-09-02 17:44, bremen79 wrote:

The blurb says that there is also a written prediction?...doesn't that state the exact time as well, or does it just explain that the watch suddenly stopped working?

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.cards4magic.co.uk
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4453 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
As I understand it, the prediction states the difference in time between the time on the watch and the present time. The audience adds the length of time noted to the time set on the watch to arrive at the present time.

Ta Daa.

? Someone please correct me.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
I think the questions is the correlation between the watch and the written predication?

Meaning is the watch just a dressing for the written prediction, or is it the other way around? Or a third option is that the watch itself and the written predication are both necessary in order for the method to work?
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
New York City, New York
658 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
After seeing the effect performed, Tom is right.

The written prediction is shown to be the DIFFERENCE in time between the time the broken watch was set and the current time. There's a little adding involved.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Now is the Time! by Ted Karmilovich (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL