The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
I have polarity v2 I would like to know from someone who has both how they directly compare, I do need to get myself a strap for it
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, Deano88 wrote:
I have polarity v2 I would like to know from someone who has both how they directly compare, I do need to get myself a strap for it

There is not much between them although the SS is a little larger. The Polarity V2 is perhaps a little more sensitive.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I was asked by some members, how to use the device.

here are some tips:

the easiest way is to just to finger palm it, works best for me.
point with your hand, that has palmed the receiver to one hand and say, after you feel or not feel the vibe, that there is the coin or there is not the coin. this works best for me and the motivation to point to one hand. gives you the perfect misdirection and best range.

i have a leather wrist band and attached inside the receiver. works very well, or just under the watch band.

you could also have some rubberbands on your wrist and hide it under them.

hope this helps

best wishes

rasmus
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Selling mine for $200 love the effect but need the money. Pm if interested
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
Can someone please explain me something: Why do you pay nearly 300 USD to get 50/50 chance right?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Karli wrote:
Can someone please explain me something: Why do you pay nearly 300 USD to get 50/50 chance right?

There's more you can do.
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Karli wrote:

There's more you can do.

Of course, but surely 90% do it to for just that
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
A 50/50 chance becomes much higher odds when repeated numerous times.
For instance, spinning any regular coin and having it fall heads 100 times in a row is astronomical odds even though each individual spin is 50/50 chance. Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Not to mention you can divine that its heads or tails. Pretty powerful that you can guess which hand and the side of the coin...every time. How is that not impressive!?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Karli wrote:

If you present it as " I'll guess heads or tails " , that becomes a 50 / 50 chance .

If you present it as " I'll look through your hand and tell you with 100 % confidence that it'll be ... " , they'll believe that you're seeing through their hand . It's not 50 / 50 anymore , it's 100 %

After one time , tell them to have a choice whether they want to put it in the pocket . For your " chance " purpose , it now becomes 33 % right .

After that , tell them that you'll be able to not only tell which hand is in , but also whether the heads or tails is facing up .

While yes , technically it's a 50 / 50 chance , but if you made your spectator believe in what you're doing , it's an impossible event .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
Videoman:

nobody would do the same thing 100 times in a row:D. Secondly, having it fall heads 100 times in a row is the same chance as any other exact random choice 100 times in a row.

Magician560: If you can make them believe you have such abilities to see through the choices they make, 300 usd isn't the worse deal on the planet. Even though there are cheaper methods and other premises that can accomplish the same belief.....
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Karli wrote:

If you present it as " I'll guess heads or tails " , that becomes a 50 / 50 chance .

If you present it as " I'll look through your hand and tell you with 100 % confidence that it'll be ... " , they'll believe that you're seeing through their hand . It's not 50 / 50 anymore , it's 100 %

After one time , tell them to have a choice whether they want to put it in the pocket . For your " chance " purpose , it now becomes 33 % right .

After that , tell them that you'll be able to not only tell which hand is in , but also whether the heads or tails is facing up .

While yes , technically it's a 50 / 50 chance , but if you made your spectator believe in what you're doing , it's an impossible event .

There's a nice ploy for the in the pocket scenario. This is explained in Tequila Hustler, I would highly recommend picking that up, it's brilliant if just for that little ploy in and of itself.

Don't guess it. Don't try to look through their hands. Those two options takes a lot of the drama out of the demonstration. Wrap the effect up under a theme. Either thought association in which you tell them which hand the object is in and thus implying you read the associated thought or the classic liar truth teller plot. Just telling them where the object is though impressive in and of itself, comes off more as a small nifty stunt rather than a memorable routine.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Is their any warranty on this product with the electronics?
Todd
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Can anyone clarify whether there is a US quarter strong enough to be used with the polarity feature?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Don't know about a quarter.
But I use a super strong half-dollar made by Kreis
sold by SEO Magic.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2016, suspectacts wrote:
Can anyone clarify whether there is a US quarter strong enough to be used with the polarity feature?

I wouldn't use this product for anything in the hands that is smaller than a US JFK half dollar. It's not sensitive enough.
waldorf
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of waldorf
Given the Uk one pound coin is being redesigned, has anyone (in UK) tried this with magnetic £2 coin? Using one pound coin in a few months will beg the question 'why are you using defunct currency'?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2017, waldorf wrote:
Given the Uk one pound coin is being redesigned, has anyone (in UK) tried this with magnetic £2 coin? Using one pound coin in a few months will beg the question 'why are you using defunct currency'?

Would that coin be smaller or larger than a Kennedy half? If smaller then I would think anything other than Scan3D will have trouble with in closed hands.
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
In my experience, the quarter does not work well with the unit. I've tried many things but the quarter was not a good choice to use with the device.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2017, MagicBarMan wrote:
In my experience, the quarter does not work well with the unit. I've tried many things but the quarter was not a good choice to use with the device.

It's basically useless for Sixth Sense. Only the Scan3D would do the job for a quarter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL