The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
SS 3.0 sounds cool, especially the improved switch. Is there an option to separate the "signal" from the "detection unit"? That is one of the major benefits of PM Scan 3D IMO. I heard iPhone app, so maybe this is possible with SS 3.0?
Brian
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Brian:

If I understand your question correctly, yes you can turn off the vibration in the unit and have it cause your phone to vibrate (IOS not sure on android). To be honest I have always liked that Sixth Sense was self contained though. I have SCAN 3D as well but for me having the "signal" somewhere else on my body for some reason kind of threw me off... am sure it was just me ;0. Not necessarily recommending this but with the original Sixth sense 2.5 I always stored my magnetic coin with the unit with no issues. I have found the same to be true with 3.0. If you do that with SCAN 3D it will cause at least temporary issues. Not slamming SCAN 3D as it is a good product, just highlighting things I prefer for me on Sixth Sense.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I actually like Sixth Sense 2.5 better. Not a fan of rechargeable batteries over the long term.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Cool, do you have 3.0 as well? 2.5 was great but I need the greatly enhanced sensitivity for the main effect I do. The much smaller size and ability to adjust the sensitivity and vibration intensity are cool bonuses for me Smile But if it ain't broken for you no real need to change.
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi Brian:

If I understand your question correctly, yes you can turn off the vibration in the unit and have it cause your phone to vibrate (IOS not sure on android). To be honest I have always liked that Sixth Sense was self contained though. I have SCAN 3D as well but for me having the "signal" somewhere else on my body for some reason kind of threw me off... am sure it was just me ;0. Not necessarily recommending this but with the original Sixth sense 2.5 I always stored my magnetic coin with the unit with no issues. I have found the same to be true with 3.0. If you do that with SCAN 3D it will cause at least temporary issues. Not slamming SCAN 3D as it is a good product, just highlighting things I prefer for me on Sixth Sense.

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I will use this feature if I purchase this. The ability to dial in the signal strength is also a cool feature.
Brian
Rob_magician
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Rob_magician
Do you know a date of release for people that weren't at magic live?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi Brian:

Which one is more sensitive though? I'm guessing S3D.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
In my side by side distance testing (using the same magnetic coin) of SCAN 3D and Sixth Sense 3.0 they are at a minimum equal and Sixth Sense 3.0 might be slightly better. However we are talking small differences so in reality from my experience they are equal.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2017, Rob_magician wrote:
Do you know a date of release for people that weren't at magic live?

Unfortunately I do not know.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
In my side by side distance testing (using the same magnetic coin) of SCAN 3D and Sixth Sense 3.0 they are at a minimum equal and Sixth Sense 3.0 might be slightly better. However we are talking small differences so in reality from my experience they are equal.

Ah, gotcha. So it will detect quarters now yeah? I remember anything under a Kennedy 2.5 wasn't able to pick up through a closed fist.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Correct. I use a Canadian magnetic quarter which produces a very weak magnetic field and can detect through a closed fist no problem. U.S. magnetic quarters a piece of cake Smile For those that care Canadian magnetic coins are generally weaker as our coins are made with ferrous metal.
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
I have emailed Hugo Shelley about official release and availability, so will post back here when I get a response. Smile
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Any News?
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Nothing yet, have followed up. School holidays over here, so he may be away. Will follow up again this week.

Ta
Steve
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Releases Date will be Early Dezember.
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Yikes!
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Quick questions regarding Sixth Sense 3 - Given it has increased sensitivity, can you use different coins? I am wondering if the magnetic 10 and 50 pence coins would work?

Thanks
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I would be comfortable saying yes. It is very sensitive. As I mentioned above I can easily detect a Canadian magnetic quarter which has a pretty weak magnetic force.
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Excellent - thanks for that Smile
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Hello. Is it a rechargeable battery we can easily replace if we have a problem one day ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL