The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pocket mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
I have posted my take on Dreamweaver in the secret sessions.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On 2013-09-29 12:11, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
I have to plug David's ebooks (my favourite being Pendulum Magic: Routines for Mystery Performers). There is so many pocket routines you can devise using pendulum magic and David's books contain a number of really strong ones.

I'd also like to toss Chris Taylor's Pocket Printing Press into the ring. I carry mine all the time no matter where I'm going or what I'm doing. It can be very strong and can be played many ways depending on the situation. Consider playing it as mesmerism (my default approach).

That's very kind of you, Yitzhak. Thank you for the reference. I have a very soft spot for "Routines" as well. That was the "darkest" of the three books with an emphasis on storytelling, routining and things that go bump in the dark. Smile

But books aside -- I honestly don't think there's a more versatile prop for close-up and parlor performances than the pendulum. The first time your volunteer actually feels that puppy move on its own in THEIR hand is truly...well...magical.

They are remarkable devices.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Quote:
On 2013-09-29 16:08, George Hunter wrote:
Let me second Marco's enthusiasm for Paul Carnazzo's Dreamweaver effect, which I just received this week. I have studied it but have not yet performed it, but I have one question. Marco advises using just one side of the card, but I am inclined to use both. I can imagine a perceptive spectator sensing and approximating the method from just a one-side experience, while using both sides introduces some useful red-herring complexity.

But I'd like to know what guys who have performed it have learned. Besides, I think this is my 200th post on the Café!

George

what I do is to say that there is a "white" side of the card and a "red" side of the card with different dreams on each (yes, that's what I say, different dreams. Bold, but it works. If they catch you - and they never will - you say you meant different order). I say the colors are meant to capture emotions and feelings, and ask the spectators if she feels more "red" or "white" at the present time. I reassure there's no right answer, it is simply about subjective states. She chooses a side (the white one 4 times out of 5 I noticed). I tell her to cover the back of the card with a hand while reading, so that I can't see it in case she thinks there's some information there that I could use. Then I perform the effect as described. I find that this presentation makes things look much fairer - it allows the spectator to make TWO choices: the side and the dream. The spectator thinks she could have used EITHER side! and it doubles the number of possible dreams in the spectator's mind. I think this handling is much stronger than asking the spectator to flip the card back and forth, which, frankly, seems nonsensical to me.

also, I start doodling down impressions as soon as they give me the first confirmation / contact / transfer / whatever. As the performance progresses, I narrow the topic down progressively in my mind, and keep doodling. Actually I even draw "loosely designed" roman numbers (that is, vertical and diagonal bars) to help me with the You Know What, and then turn those lines into part of the drawing. At the end, some bold touches and extra doodling reconnect my drawing to whatever dream they selected, cementing the idea that I started figuring things out from the beginning, that is, that I was doing what I claimed to do (building a progressively clear image upon repeated impressions)
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Another vote for Dreamweaver and add to do voodo to the list.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 21:24, jamiesalinas wrote:
Another vote for Dreamweaver and add to do voodo to the list.

Jamie

I purchased To Do Voodoo after learning about it in the post above, and LOVE it! For a newbie like me, it is easy enough to allow me to concentrate on presentation, and it teaches me how to be bold. GREAT EFFECT!!
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Sorry to resurrect this yet again, but this is really great info for people who do walkaround. I'll add Paul Carnazzo and Ran Pink's Birthright to this list, if you don't already have something for star sign divination (although I realize it does more than that).
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2013, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
I love zoltar! its very simple and really fun. think of it as a mini kader reading that can go anywhere with you. I use it for micro readings on the go. as for being a trick I have never used that function and really think it would ruin it for me lol

Zoltar users might be interested in this cheeky little add-on to the pocket/wallet arsenal:
http://zoltarsstars.blogspot.co.uk/
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Zoltar stars rocks I have a nice set.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks for the kind words Michael. I've been getting some great feedback about this effect.

Another purchaser was kind enough to post this review on Peter Turner's Devil in Disguise forum:

"The cards arrived this morning and they are, if anything, even nicer in life than they appear in the photographs. The methodology may be familiar to most of you, but it's the subtleties contained within the cards that makes this effect gold dust.
"At the end you can not only reveal their star sign and date of birth but you are also primed to deliver a very accurate hot reading. For me, it's the best £5 I've ever spent, really chuffed."
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2014, MatCult wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Michael. I've been getting some great feedback about this effect.

Another purchaser was kind enough to post this review on Peter Turner's Devil in Disguise forum:

"The cards arrived this morning and they are, if anything, even nicer in life than they appear in the photographs. The methodology may be familiar to most of you, but it's the subtleties contained within the cards that makes this effect gold dust.
"At the end you can not only reveal their star sign and date of birth but you are also primed to deliver a very accurate hot reading. For me, it's the best £5 I've ever spent, really chuffed."

Interesting premise, just emailed you with a question.

Cheers,

Andreu.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Hi Andreu,

Thanks for your interest, I've sent you an email.

Best wishes,

Mat
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Just ordered Zoltar's Stars--I've been looking for something exactly like this! Thanks guys!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Please be sure to post when "Zoltar's Stars" becomes available again, thanks.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Will do! The second print run is currently on order, so I've taken the Paypal button down until they're ready to ship.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Thank you Matt !
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Another vote for Zoltar's Stars. It is well crafted and well thought out.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone got a link for this ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, george1953 wrote:

It is above in Matcult's signature line, George. And he is almost giving them away!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, Balaram wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, george1953 wrote:

It is above in Matcult's signature line, George. And he is almost giving them away!

And, they're great!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I've taken the PayPal button down because I don't have any stock currently and don't want to take any money until the cards are ready to ship.

The next batch is in production - hopefully arriving with me in the next couple of weeks and then we'll be back in business.

I'll post here to give you a heads-up when the eagle has landed. Thanks for the interest!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pocket mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL