The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ideas for Dean Dill's Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Well, I am finally getting a Dean's Box and I can't wait. I have to send a huge thanks out to Mr. Dill for an incredible piece of magic as well as for his kindness! (If you happen to be reading the Mr. Dill, thanks again!) Smile

I'm really looking forward to using the box for its intended routine but wondered what other ideas people have. I would love to perform some mentalism or bizzarist stuff but I'm not the most creative magician in the world!

Any ideas?
William Holcomb
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Look into The Automated Sefalalfia by Stewart James. It is Dean's Box on steroids but much of it can be applied to your Dean's Box.

I completely rebuilt my Dean's Box not only so it would fit the look of the routine I had for it better but also to include a couple of the features of James' original idea. I now can have the ring link onto the rope using only one ring.

My routine is based around my box being made of the last remaing scraps of the Davenport's Spirit Cabinet. Various manifestations can occur inside a the box:
  • The spirits can reverse a thought of playing card in the deck
  • They can solve a Rubicks cube
  • They can perform spirit writing on a set of miniture slates
  • They can change the spots on six dice in a box to match the number on a die freely rolled by a spectator
  • They can place a 50 cent piece into a bottle
I am working on them being able to play a small violin as well.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I checked and can't find any information on the item you mentioned. Do you have some more info?
William Holcomb
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
The original Routine of Sefalalfia I believe is in Stewart James in Print available from Heremetic Press. The Automated Sefalalfia was most recently published by Jeff Busby.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Not sure if many know about this or care?

But for $10-$15 You can get "Missing Link" by Paul Curry from Aldo at Mamma Mia Magic.

It's the same as Dean's box, but without the box and the price tag, and the the unlink happens in the spectator's hands. Very strong...

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ideas for Dean Dill's Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL