The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Trick for Matthew 24:35? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
"Heaven and earth will pass away," Jesus said,"but my words will never pass away."

We had an object lesson for kid's church recently in which we hit with a hammer various objects in zip-lock bags: crackers, tomatoes, coke cans,and light bulbs. Of course the hammer triumphed every time. The hammer represented God's powerful word while the things smashed in the bags represented taunts from bullies, ads on TV, and other words in this world.

Now I'm trying to think of a good magoc effect to demonstrate that God's word is indestructible. Any ideas?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
A Sampson pad that has tear and no tear paper. Write God's word on no tear paper and let others try to tear up the word.
'
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Afgan Bands\Mobius Strip. You think you can cleave gods word in twain, yet it still remains whole.

Glass or Mirror Penetration. Many try to punch holes in God and his word. Yet he and hois word remains unscathed and unharmed

Newspaper Tear. Many try to rent him asunder and think they cast his remains to the four winds. Yet his word is indestructable
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
I do a torn and restored effect with "THE BIBLE" or "GOD'S WORD" written on the paper. I talk about some of the things that have been done to try to destroy the word as I tear the paper. Of course the trick ends with "THE BIBLE" or "GOD"S WORD" fully restored. Hope that helps.
Mike
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Rick, where can we get the tear/no tear?
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Bubba's clown supply or LaRocks
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Chinese laundry ticket
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Abbott's still sells the Abbott's Scripture Tear for $12.50 See http://www.abbottmagic.com
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I thought about doing pen through bill with a page that fell out of a Bible I bought 11 years ago. It looked good and really sounded like the pen was ripping through the paper, but my wife felt funny about my using a real page of Scripture.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've used the turkish termoil effect - tube is the world - swords are Hitler etc- etc-/ a long balloon with the word BIBLE on it - placed in tube - sword inserted through tube trying to distroy the WORD - the Word cant be distroyed Ralph (russo) Rousseau
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Cut and restored rope works fine too
derrenshowman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of derrenshowman
Superb routine explained
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
Hi, a little late I suppose?
But I have used the "BIBLE"/"GOD'S WORD" tear and restore, but when 'RESTORED' a palmed bundle is 'dropped' and before picking it up, the question is asked,"What keeps the Bible going and going?" The dropped package is picked up, opened and read, it reads, "GOD'S POWER"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Although I understand your sentiment on this...it is merely a printed piece of paper and ink. As long as you are not destroying to maliciously make a point that God's Word doesn't matter...I don't personally see a problem.

Some might have an issue...but that would almost be the deification of a piece of paper.

Mike
(let the flaming begin...Smile )

Quote:
On 2012-10-16 19:30, Alan Wheeler wrote:
I thought about doing pen through bill with a page that fell out of a Bible I bought 11 years ago. It looked good and really sounded like the pen was ripping through the paper, but my wife felt funny about my using a real page of Scripture.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I agree with Mike Holbrook and use the paper tear.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Disolvo paper can be used with the 'no tear' for a what will last what won't effect I got my disolvo long ago from Jack Alexander. I don't know where it would be available now.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
You could also use the torn paper to mouthcoil trick. Fun to do, people are amazed, and clearly illustrates the point, with an added bonus: It also demonstrates that God's word must be on our lips and in our mouths.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Trick for Matthew 24:35? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL