The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hi there.
I am interested in this litte piece of fun. Smile

During my internet search I came across two version. The "normal" version called PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK and another version called "PRO" PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK.

Are those two the same product or (if not) where is the difference between the normal and the PRO version (except the price!)?

Ah, one more question: Can the underwear be changed (to my special needs Smile) or is this a part of the gimmick?
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
I think you should change your underwear often....
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
The ones I have seen the underwear is attached. But you could cut if off and sew on your own.

Don't know the difference between regular and pro version.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Yes and No

Basically they are the same trick. However the difference is this:

The original professors cheer comedy rope needs to be done early in the show - Technically it should be the first thing as it will not stay together during your other routines. Meaning it can not really be set and used later in the show.

The PRO model lets you set it up and then use when ever you want in the show. I own the original and most likely will get the PRO model as I recently started putting this back in my show. Although the price has gone up dramatically. When it first came out it was just $60 I think it is now over $100. But again the price to be able to do this when ever you want is what you are paying for.

As for the boxer shorts YES you can replace them with your own pair easily. Just look at how they come attached cut it and re sew it on.

I hope that helps

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Thanks for your help! The price seems really high for "just" some rope and kind of a belt...
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
A ripoff - You can make it yourself if you think you really need it. You can use all kinds of home made servantes, topits, etc. using hook and loop tape with a sticky side (available at Walmart) I've set this up an hour or even more before I used it. And you can attach anything at the end that is small or flexible enough to come out of your sleeve, it does not have to be shorts. and you can lengthen the original rope.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
The instructions for this can be found in "How to Be a Compleat Clown" by Toby Sanders.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I have a long clown glove. Mine is about twenty feet of fabric.

I end mine with boxer shorts. It works well but there is a lot of fabric and it is big and bulky. It HAS to be my first trick out of the gate. But I get a lot of mileage because I have a kid come up on stage and hold the glove and slowly work it out.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I don't see the need for the "Pro" version. It certainly is not worth the price difference to me. As for the underwear, they are permanently attached. However, they can be modified easily enough. I changed the shorts that came with mine, and I then ended up making several sets with various styles of shorts to fit different themes.
Mister Mystery
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RydCTk4d......index=17

My video of rehearsal for Professor Cheer's. I use the Pro version which was given to me by a friend. The harness keeps everything nice and comfortable. I changed the shorts to a pair of my liking. I open most of my shows with it.

Captain Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Nice job Mike.
I really enjoyed watching your routine.
Bob.
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Oh, thank you Dr. Bob ...
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Magic Kiki
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Magic Kiki
I like this effect!! It's very funny.
How do you do it? It's magic

www.elmagokiki.es
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
When I was a small boy. I saw Danny Thomas do the PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK. Of all the people that I seen do this. I think he was the best at it.

It's around the 7:30 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7IpOnfx......a_player

Emmett
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Yet another variation: https://vimeo.com/42513763
germanmata
View Profile
New user
Spain
1 Post

Profile of germanmata
Hi guys, do any of you could spare the know how as I'd like to make a routine based on this effect but adding a different outcome. Please write me a pm. Thanks!!
adequatemagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of adequatemagic
Sadly, the "PRO" PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK is no longer available. I say sadly because it worked like an absolute charm. When I had my own show in Branson, MO a while back, I used to load it on me at home when I was getting dressed for the show. Everything would stay in place as I drove to the theater, set up my stage and made two on-stage costume changes. When it was finally time to perform the routine, it always worked without a snag.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I got this from Penguin a few weeks back and am really struggling with this. The typed out instructions with hand drawn pictures are not doing it for me. I am following the instructions EXACTLY like I should and when the rope goes "taught" the first time - the tension is coming from the right leg and not the left

and when I go to the left - the rope dosn't move at all ... the last time I attempted this, I pulled so hard one of the small ropes came undone from the tape.

Are there better instructions out there, can you tell what I am doing wrong?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try the "Stage,Platform and Parlor" forum - <Knots & Ropes>
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Still one of the funniest routines around.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » PROFESSOR CHEERS COMEDY ROPE TRICK (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL