The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scream by Jamie Daws (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
SCREAM by Jamie Daws - ONLY 20 SETS AVAILABLE FOR HALLOWEEN 2012! - GET THEM FAST!!!

There is nothing better then getting that reaction that's your and your spectators hearts pumping. This effect does that and so much more. This psychological illusion drives your spectators down a dreadfully unsettling pathway that builds up to the shocking and unpredictable ending. What is the ending? Lets just say, it WILL make your spectators jump out of their skin.

The effect has been especially choreographed to be simple so you can focus on the all important presentation which is key to making this effect work. Its designed to unsettle your spectators, creep them out and ultimately, make them scream. Susanna Cartwright made the headlines in 1972. She murdered her husband in a secluded part of Illinois, America. One bullet to the head. She found out that just over a year after marrying, her husband had cheated on her. As a symbol of her strength against him, she then sliced of his wedding finger with his wedding ring still attached. She knew she had to turn herself in but by that time, she had been played by her late husband so many times, that she decided to play a game herself. She sent his finger in an envelope to the police with a note asking them to catch her before she kills her husbands lover. To this day, they have never found her.

Along with this graphic tale, an envelope is brought out. Folded with three photographs inside. One of an old house. The spectator is asked to take particular attention to one of the windows. Another photo is of some old dark woods. The last image is of Susanna herself clutching a death mask.

As the magician tells the tale, the photos are reintroduced to the spectators. But this time, they notice a women standing in the window that was just moments ago empty. A shadow lurking behind a tree in the woods and finally, they find that somehow, Susanna's face has been scratched out of the image!

Lastly, the magician points out the envelope that the photos were taken from. They suddenly realize, there is an address on it. Addressed to the police. Whats inside when they open it will definitely make your spectators SCREAM!

WHAT DO YOU GET?

You will receive an instant download with the instructions and printable photos. We supply you with one set of photos, the gimmick and the special something.

WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
'Jamie's new trick scared the hell out of me! It was morbid, creepy, and frankly, a little childish. I had him make me one as soon as possible!' - Liam Montier (www.Tricktastic.com)

"A great routine with a chilling build up and a shocking finish. Jamie has done an incredible job with this. A must for this halloween!" - Ben Prime

For More Info: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_Scream.html

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Whatta story...i can see people getting freaked out with this...imagine being told this story just before you enter the haunted house attractions...sounds like a good one Jamie...
J Rodriguez
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
Jamie:

Looks great. If I get Download $ LIfe, does Scream come with that?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks Junior! It is a pretty creepy story but it's such fun to tell. It is very morbid but if your gonna scare em, go for the jugular!

Thanks for your interest Magic, As the instructions are downloadable, the download for life option is an option!

If I can help anymore, please feel free to post questions or shoot me a PM!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Put my order in Smile
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hope you dig it Nicholas!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I read through the pdf, a minor error in writing on the first sentence on page 7. Just an FYI, nothing big.

This is pretty sweet, I can't wait to get the gimmick/props to do this. A simple presentation and off we go, I can see myself really freaking some people out. This isn't anything earth shattering or ground breaking, but it is a real world and practical item. Cheap and practical Smile
shak
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of shak
Just downloaded. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks Jamie
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Nicholas put it perfectly! There is nothing ground breaking in terms of the method. Its a very simply executed effect. I think and effect like this should be all about the performance and the story behind it. that's exactly what ive done. One of my favourite Halloween effects is Alakazams 'Till Death Do Us Part' by Jim Critchlow. The reason I loved it is for its simplicity and the obvious thought that went behind it. If you haven't got Jims effect, I whole heartily recommend it!

Scream is all about the psychology of the effect. Last year I was going to put out a PDF filled with Halloween effects but I didn't feel as though it was quite right so I held it off. I lectured one of the effects on themagicsession.com (which you can view for free in there On Demand section) But I spent the past year trying around different aspects of effects in the PDF to see what each effects strength and weakness is. This would be a mix up of two of the original effects from the PDF. Let just say, when you get that end reaction with Scream, its awesome!

As a thank you to all those who have purchased Scream, ive just emailed out a link to an effect on my site called PING. Ill also send PING to the last few remaining people! There are a quarter of the first 20 available! Ill expect they'll all be gone by the end of the day so move fast! There will be future stock of these back but I cant say when it will be.

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Only 4 remaining!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
This sounds fantastic!

I'll have to get my order in soon!

Sf
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Just Ordered mine jaime. Thanks!
Dan
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
By the way, is do you have a video of this performance that I could see?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Scream :: Halloween 2012 is officially Sold Out!

Thank you to all those who purchased it and I hope you get some great use out of it over the years!

There is not a demo but this effect will return again in the near future with all the trimmings. Those who got one of these 20 sets, you have a huge head start on everyone.

If I can help at all in any way, contact me at: scream@jamiedaws.co.uk

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Jamie,supplied fast service on 'Scream',PDF!
Now,just to get the props/gimmick.
She,looks like fun!
And,I live next door to Illinois! Mwhahahah

Thanks,
~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have used this several times since receiving it yesterday and reactions have been great.

The short script is captivating but not too long, which is perfect for real working conditions. I will use this not just in the halloween season, but all year round as it's a great story type piece of magic and it's so easy to do.

One thing I have added is that inside the envelope I have a rubber severed finger with the "bang" gimmick attached to it(no one would give me a real finger).

You get an easy to do routine which will get people going and make them feel something for just £10.

Very good Jamie and worth more than you are selling it for.

Mike Donoghue
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hope you rock out with this Godzilla!

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Really glad you like the effect! LOVE the idea of a finger. Also, a little bit of fake blood on the envelope does a treat!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I've had a huge influx of emails in regards to Scream. Thank you all for your interest in this little ditty.

I've realised many missed out on getting hold of it. As such, those who did miss out should stay tuned to the magic Café, my Facebook or the website later tonight for your last chance to get hold of it in 2012!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On 2012-11-06 14:13, JamieD wrote:
I've had a huge influx of emails in regards to Scream. Thank you all for your interest in this little ditty.

I've realised many missed out on getting hold of it. As such, those who did miss out should stay tuned to the magic Café, my Facebook or the website later tonight for your last chance to get hold of it in 2012!

Jamie Daws

Great news !! will be watching out.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Great little effect,at a good price! Smile

Doing, a little aging to her...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scream by Jamie Daws (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL