The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Readings Between the Lines - Mental Voyage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Check out the latest from mental voyage:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/Readings.htm

Readings Between the Lines

If you love giving readings, or want to get more into it, or simply enjoy exploring various Oracles: Tarot, Runes, Tea Leaves, Crystal Balls, etc. then this system is for you!

This is a reading system using a single card (pictured above) that is used in various ways to give accurate readings. The card is given to the sitter after the reading as a memento of the experience (which is a detail that is usually lacking form most readings).

The card is used in three basic ways to give readings: Fold Readings, in which the sitter makes a series of folds, which the reader then interprets – Doodle Readings, where the sitter doodles on the card, which the reader then interprets – Ash Readings, where the sitter writes down a concern, wish, etc. on a separate piece of paper which is burned, and the ashes are sprinkled onto the card and interpreted (similar to Tea Leaf Readings)

“Readings Between the Lines” is great for those who are proficient at giving readings, and are looking for another system that they can use in any situation, as well as those who only have a basic understanding of readings and are looking for a simple system to use to hone their skills.

Here are a few comments:

“To the reader...worth twice the price, to the non-reader a great place to start. And for those like me who love great thinking and numerous possibilities (I hope to write them up for Paul) , its a mental, deeply folded brain wrinkle .” Marc Salem

“This is a great tool for readers and those looking to move into the field!!!” Ran Pink

“...very well thought out and very practical!” Luca Volpe
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sounds interesting paul...

...and when are your wallets coming out?!
I've asked to be banned
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This is delightful. The card looks very good, mystical enough but not over dramatic, and, because Paul is a nice guy, I have it in a size I can see. (The provided size is fine for well lit areas, but in most of my venues, I need all the help I can get. Those of you with normal vision or younger eyes will have no problem, and the size provided fits in a wallet or pocket, which is a plus for most workers.)The system is clever (the part that will be new to you; some of the design incorporates things you already know and love), and adaptable to...other things, the houses of astrology for example. Put simply, the more you know about oracle systems, the more you can get out of this product.
There are several ways to use it, the fold reading being my preference, and it could be used as a tick sheet, though that would be a waste of its value I think. For a small group, it's ideal, as a casual oracle, it would be difficult to improve upon, and, as a unique reading method, it's a step away from flipping cards or tossing rocks like all the Shirley McLain Colon Cleansed Clones at your next psychic fair. Highly recommended.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
This is indeed very nice and I say that despite my feeling overwhelmed with reading systems this year (and last!). Paul's excellent thinking shines through on all levels and it is obvious this is a labor of love.

The fold read is my preference too. Anyone who is familiar with Millard Longman's palm reading approach could apply the theme of "travelling the creases" to great effect.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I just had a chance to read this...
It's a hoot!

I can see this working really well for impromptu readings... but also for a party situation where you want to have a little 'give away' for people to remember the reading-- and you!
You can easily incorporate this into your own system.

I would warn that there is some memory work involved ((as there is with any reading system of note)) but PC provides a mnemonic to make it easy.

The templates provided are great-- but some of you-- in other cultures or with particular design skills may want to adapt them for yourself.

Could you turn these into a business card that people would want to keep? You bet--if they didn't burn it Smile

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
This is really nice. When I first read the description, I thought, "Meh, another way to give readings." But once I read the manuscript, I realized it truly does offer something unique and useful: an effective combination of portability, flexibility, sitter involvement, and a built-in giveaway. It's completely self-contained (with the possible exception of a pen). It can be used for anything from quickie readings to longer, in-depth ones, generating as much or as little "material" to work with as you like. The symbols can be used as-is, or altered to fit your liking. The sitter has an active role in the reading, beyond just holding up her hand or telling you her birthday. And she leaves with a tangible reminder that fits conveniently in her wallet.

Plenty of other systems offer some of those qualities. But if there's another one that offers all of them, I can't think of it. So if all those things appeal to you, it will be worth your while to check this out.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Looks cool to me. is this an Enochian based reading system (that's what the letters appear to me to be)?

I REALLY need to up the number of readings I do so that I can start experimenting with even HALF of the systems I know!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Johnwells, DMoses, Dr. Bill & Quinn...thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts...I hope you all get some use from this!

Seadog93, the characters are not from the Enochian alphabet, but from the Alphabet of the Magi. RBTL is a simple to learn system and is great to carry with you to increase to number of readings you can give.

Thanks for the interest!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Mental Voyage is giving away 3 copies of "Readings Between the Lines".

Enter the contest here:

https://www.facebook.com/MentalVoyage

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Over the years Paul has created some superb pocket Mentalism style products and his expertise in this area shines through with Reading Between the Lines. Not only is the card brilliantly designed and contains so much intriguing detail but the ways you can interpret the card are really novel. I especially like the way of interpreting folds made on the card by the spectator.

Along with interpreting doodles and tree readings, I now have something else that I will add to my repertoire of reading methods. And Paul is also to be congratulated in the amount of information he gives in the instructions.

A very good and well thought through release and one I am certainly glad to have bought.

Neil
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I really like these! I am a big fan of Tick Sheets for the reading systems I use, but I don't always carry them around with me. These are great little cards that I can fit into my wallet and hand out after the reading. I have only worked with the fold reading so far, but I'm going to try out the tea leaf/ashes reading next.

The cards are very exotic-looking and immediately grab people's attention. And the system is pretty easy to learn. I'm having a lot of fun with these. Of course now I need to buy a larger wallet from all different the Mental Voyage cards I carry around.

Another fantastic idea from Paul Carnazzo! Love it!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 05:00, NeilS wrote:
Over the years Paul has created some superb pocket Mentalism style products and his expertise in this area shines through with Reading Between the Lines. Not only is the card brilliantly designed and contains so much intriguing detail but the ways you can interpret the card are really novel. I especially like the way of interpreting folds made on the card by the spectator.

Along with interpreting doodles and tree readings, I now have something else that I will add to my repertoire of reading methods. And Paul is also to be congratulated in the amount of information he gives in the instructions.

A very good and well thought through release and one I am certainly glad to have bought.

Neil

Thanks so much Neil! Glad you're happy with your purchase!

Quote:
On 2012-12-04 16:14, BenSalinas wrote:
I really like these! I am a big fan of Tick Sheets for the reading systems I use, but I don't always carry them around with me. These are great little cards that I can fit into my wallet and hand out after the reading. I have only worked with the fold reading so far, but I'm going to try out the tea leaf/ashes reading next.

The cards are very exotic-looking and immediately grab people's attention. And the system is pretty easy to learn. I'm having a lot of fun with these. Of course now I need to buy a larger wallet from all different the Mental Voyage cards I carry around.

Another fantastic idea from Paul Carnazzo! Love it!

Ben,

Glad you're getting use out of this already...In regards to a new wallt, be on the lookout for "The Annihilation Wallet" - it will hold your stuff easily!

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Enter the contest now! Winners will be drawn tomorrow night (Friday, December 7th)

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Paul has done it again with this great idea.

Several workers are using his Mentalism cards and now I know that several performers and readers will use this system.

Beautiful options with this card, that can be given as an excellent souvenir (you can even print the graphic on the back of your business cards)

Well done Paul!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Pablo!

3 hours left to enter the contest to win Readings Between the Lines for free:

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Congrats to the winners!

Hope to hear your thoughts soon.

Be sure to "LIKE" the Mental Voyage Facebook page to stay up to date on new contests:

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
From another thread in "Latest and Greatest":

Quote:
On 2012-12-23 21:28, gabelson wrote:
Paul has come up with an incredibly interesting, novel and versatile tool for doing readings, simple or complex, depending on your inclination and experience. As with many of Paul's effects, this is a handy, printable business card (size-wise), which can be given out as souvenirs after readings. The interpretation is based on the folds the sitter makes on the card, but as is always the case with Paul's cards, there is so much more on it and to it. I won't go into everything this card contains so as not to give away the store, but I will say that I started using it immediately.

Another big winner from the mind of Paul Carnazzo!

Thanks Gabe! Glad you are using this!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I just saw that Jheff posted a review of this on his site "Marketplace of the Mind":

MY COMMENTS:
Every time I think there can be no new or exciting reading
systems that can be developed, someone like Paul Carnazzo
comes along and proves me wrong. This one takes a card
(business-card size), which can be used as a souvenir, and
interprets the folds that a participant makes on the card
while thinking of a subject to be discussed. It's that
simple and intriguing.

Though it uses the alphabet of the magi, a thirteen symbol
set which is printed on the card, one can also include
numerology, doodle interpretations, Webster's Psychometry A
to Z, and many other techniques. Some of these, such as
doodles and numerology, are described in this thirty-five
page PDF, which comes with the printable card artwork.

Also included in this thirty-five page PDF is a template for
the meanings of the Alphabet of the Magi, which you could
have printed on the back of the card. This is a very easy
and quite professional reading system. The price for this
is a steal at $15 as you make many times this if you use
this reading method at home psychic parties or fairs.
Defintely recommended for those who are looking for a good
and easy-to-use reading method or additional methods to go
with what is already being used.

Thanks Jheff!

Be sure to check out his site:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Readings Between the Lines - Mental Voyage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL