The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Review: Magic Memo Pad by Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
A great review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NztGPuBee......oademail

Magic Memo: David Penn 78%, Craig Petty 85%
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Finally someone who likes Memo Pad too! ! Houra ! Houra !
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
They also said:
Craig "messed it up a couple of times" FYI Craig is the coin worker of the duo.
That it was "awkward"
David said "I wish the gimmick was a little bit bigger...it could be twice the size and there would be no worries at all when performing it."
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you for the captioning !

So the coin worker of the duo give 85% ! Wow ! I guess someone whose specialty is magic with coins should not be easily impressionable ! Very good news!

Thank you for that clarification John, I did not know that about Craig.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's an ingenious gimmick, but you have to read the instructions and follow them closely. If you do, there will be no problems and it will work like a charm.

The only thing that got in the way of my enjoyment of this very clever trick is having to fold that dumb piece of fabric into the bag the first time. Had a hard time figuring that out for a moment or two, but then I studied the illustration and that cleared it up.

I also wish there was a better way to reproduce the coins, but as for Magic Memo Pad itself--it's excellent.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Hi all, may I ask, is the gimmick movable to another pad?
cheers!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes it is Westo!
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Thanks.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Not only is it movable, it has to be because every pad will eventually run out of paper.
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
Not a patch on Card Surgery. That's an absolute cracker. Very effective if you buy an extra one and perform a two handed surgery. It knocks them for six!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I Don't understand Smile can you explain with more simple words for me Bill Scape ?
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
Yes, Stereo. I have bought 2 trays and 2 gimmicks. I use 2 different cards and perform the trick with both hands at the same time!
It looks tres bien!
Granger
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Granger
So this can be transferred to another pad of mine? does the size of the pad matters?
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yes, you can use the gimmick on any notepad that is about the same size. The instructions are annoying, but not a deal-breaker. this is very easy to do. I haven't performed it yet, but I'm guessing it will go over very well. I'm going to get 2 identical notepads from an office supply store, that way I'm ready if someone asks to see the pad - but maybe they don't ask too much if you manage it right (I can't explain that better without giving away the secret.). You can also vanish rings or other flat-ish stuff about the size of a quarter or smaller.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

There's no reason anyone will ask to see the pad if you try this: simply lower the hand holding the pad while your other hand is handing the spectator the paper with the bucket or glass drawn on it. The hand with the pad just puts it away without making a big deal. All attention will be on the piece of paper at that moment. And it's important to continue onward with the trick by taking the piece of paper back and reproducing the coins. Performing another trick with the paper literally removes any lingering thoughts about the pad from the mind of the spectator.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
And begin the routine with the pad completely flat on the edge of the table, so viewers understand that nothing can be hidden behind.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Yes, of course: exactly as it says in the instructions. No one should have to be told to read and follow the instructions. Smile
jcs013
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of jcs013
Well I am convinced, may make it next effect.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Just watched the Penn and Petty video. You'd think, since they're supposed to be reviewing things, if one of them is actually going to do it he would read the instructions thoroughly first and follow them! He brings out the pad like he's hiding a can of soda behind it, and ends that way, too, when he should have picked up the pad from the table and returned it ot that position so people think there's nothing behind it!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I've adapted this for Morgan's and love it.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Review: Magic Memo Pad by Tenyo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL