The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Murphy's no longer carries RvPhotoCube ?

Also, does the Pebble Time Watch display an image OR just text ?
Long Island,

New York
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Where is the best place to purchase this, the web site doesn't seem to be working
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
If the cube is now $250, why is the app still 65?
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Just got an email fro Steven himself and he cleared everything up! Will be purchasing this immediately!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
So does the cube now work within an Apple Watch or not?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Just updated the code rvphotocube 1.8 to 2.0 .. tested it out on iphone 6 with IOS 10.2.

Will try to get it up in the store soon. Maybe attempt to put the watchos function in the app too (where the picture appears on the watch in real time). Last time Apple rejected the update because of the
watch function.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 1.9.4 was just submitted to Apple for Approval.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 1.9.9 is in the Apple store now and Version 2.0.11 was just submitted to Apple for approval .. if approved you can receive vibrations in the background.
The screen can be entirely off and it still communicates with the sensor and vibrates. It will even vibrate if you are listening to music.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Still working on getting Apple to approve 2.0.11
Will also be working on re-submitting the Apple watch version since more magic/mentalism apps are now coming out now using the watch.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

The latest version of rvPhotocube is now in the app store. This version allows you to run the app in the background (with the screen off).
It took me 2 years to get Apple to approve background vibrations. It now always keeps the picture and the vibrations current even with the screen in off mode.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

I just submitted a new version of the app to the Apple Store 2.0.12.
This version always puts the number selected on the home page as a notification next to the rvphotocube icon (such as how many emails you have in your inbox).

I developed a wireless charging cube that uses induction charging. Also, I increased the size from a button battery to a small
lithium ion battery that should last a very long time .. I am doing a test on how long it lasts.

Having a nice wooden box to put the cube in really increases it's mystique.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 2.0.12 was just approved by Apple and should be in the App Store shortly.

Working on version 2.1 that will output the image real time to the Apple Watch.

I use the watch without the band hidden in my fingertips for a peek before I dump it into my pocket .. the watch is very small to palm.

You can do sophisticated photocube glance before dumping the watch into your pocket while you turn around.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

I'm considering a hardware upgrade for current rvPhotoCube users for wireless charging. I have this unit working now and will be
upgrading some users locally in the near future for beta testing.

You never have to put a battery in the unit .. has it's own lithium ion rechargeable battery. Can seal the acrylic case with superglue.

The upgrade will include built inwireless power receiver and power receiver, ac power supply as well as lithium ion battery. Not sure about upgrade cost yet.

Also, I have an intelligent cutter that will cut and score photocube templates that fit exactly in the 2" acrylic cube without having to glue the sides.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 2.0 is now in the app store.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Just test rvphotocube on IOS 11.3 and an iphone 8. Everything works fine. The vibration setting in the "Settings" of rvphotocube may need some fine tuning on your device if you need the vibration function (to do this first completely close rvphotocube and go into settings/rvphotocube and adjust the vibration setting then re-start rvphotocube).

- Steve
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2018, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

Just test rvphotocube on IOS 11.3 and an iphone 8. Everything works fine.

This is very good achievement. I will give check it out on my iPhone 8.

Quote:
On Jul 31, 2017, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

I'm considering a hardware upgrade for current rvPhotoCube users for wireless charging. I have this unit working now and will be upgrading some users locally in the near future for beta testing.

You might like to consider me as one of your Beta Testers. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Just tested rvPhotoCube with the IOS 11.4 update and my iPhone 8 ... everything is working fine. You can shut the phone screen off and still get the phone vibrations 1..6.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Just tested the rvphotocube app with IOS 12 and a iPhone 8 .. everything appears to be working fine.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Working on the finishing touches of an Android Version of the rvPhotoCube. The entire app runs on an android watch .. no phone needed.
Also, will have a version that runs on any Android Smartphone with OS 5.0 and above with BT 4.0.

The watch vibrates as well as shows you a visual of the side of the photocube that is facing upward.
There are 4 predefined sets of images (cube with the numbers 1..6, ESP Symbols, 6 wonders of the world - places, and Animals).
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I have an old iPhone 6 Plus running IOS 12 with an Apple 3 watch. Will this work OK ?
never mind...looks like Murphys no longer carries it.
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL