The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Making Magic - The Standup Creations of Martin Lewis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi everyone, Does anyone have the above video and would care to give an opinion.
I was thinking about getting it so a non biased review would be great.

Regards Alan
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I bought this video and rate it highly.
If you are looking for standup / cabaret type material look no further.

The switch card is probably the weakest item on the tape but even that is not bad.

Martin's handling of the vanishing bottle is supurb and stops people back tracking to the solution.

I think everyone has seen his rising card on sketch pad (fully explained)

A great chinese sticks where you cut the strings and tear up the sticks at the end to show no gimmicks (no switch)

His come back card is a stunner and very entertaining to lay audiences. (actually I gave martin an Idea for this routine which he asked permission to include in future lectures)

Martins three envelope on a board mental effect which he markets is also a class effect on the tape.

All of the effects are fully explained and like Blue peter. He actualy runs through the construction of the props making it in front of you explaining in great detail.

probably the best tape of stand up material
I have seen.
phillip
NickOShea
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
23 Posts

Profile of NickOShea
Just to say that I agree fully. Great stand up magic and very well explained.

I throughly enjoyed watching it as well!
John Zander
View Profile
Loyal user
Downey, CA
247 Posts

Profile of John Zander
One great video. Martin shows a performance of each effect and then shows you exactly how to make each prop step by step. Plus... I'm on the video! Smile
Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning

Comedy Magic of

John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://www.AllMagic.net
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
This is by far one of the best videos out there for making your own magic. Cardiographic is my favorite trick on this tape, and it is amazing how inexpensive it is to make, considering how much it costs to purchase new. All of the routines are great. Highly recommended!
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I haven't seen this video, but Martin Lewis is one of the most entertaining and clever magicians I have ever seen.
ME
repairman36
View Profile
New user
Tunkhannock, PA
13 Posts

Profile of repairman36
I have this tape and find it very informative.Martin Lewis does a great job on showing you how to make the items and how to adapt the items into your own show, with suggestions on where to start. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Making Magic - The Standup Creations of Martin Lewis (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL