The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brian Brushwood's new book test (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11..17..23..29..35..39~40~41 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
[/quote]
I wouldn't be that petty!

Why are you so jealous of me bringing scoops to the attention of the Café?

This thread isn't about me, it's about Brusn Brushyourwood and his book test.

Now can we get back on topic please.
[/quote]

If you want to get back on topic- why ask a question off topic????????????????? Since you asked I will answer- Not jealous at all, because YOU are the SCOPPMASTER of the Café my friend! We all await your next scoop anxiously!!!! Thanks for all your time and scoop digging for ALL our benefit!

Thanks Again My Friend!!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
How is it that words like "sleeze ball" and "low life" are applied to Brushwood, but I never see those same words appied to Michael Ammar and Penn and Teller? What's the difference? Is it because Ammar and P&T are performers in their own right? Does that mean they have a right to expose magic and get a pass on it to boot?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 14:33, Ray Haining wrote:
How is it that words like "sleeze ball" and "low life" are applied to Brushwood, but I never see those same words appied to Michael Ammar and Penn and Teller? What's the difference? Is it because Ammar and P&T are performers in their own right? Does that mean they have a right to expose magic and get a pass on it to boot?

So true... I forgot- P&T are Sleeze Balls too!! I'm not aware of anything Michael Ammar did so I cannot in full good conscience call him a Sleeze Ball... But I agree- you were correct- P&T- Sleeze Balls!!! There I said it and meant it!

RNK
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I thought we were discussing Brian Brushyourwood and his book test here? Not Mike or P&T.

There's a separate thread running in L&G if all you're here for is to attack Brian Brushyourwood.

Come on guys, please let's keep on topic here.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 14:43, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I thought we were discussing Brian Brushyourwood and his book test here? Not Mike or P&T.

There's a separate thread running in L&G if all you're here for is to attack Brian Brushyourwood.

Come on guys, please let's keep on topic here.

OK, sorry Jamie... I forgot to add- you are now even BIGGER than what I once thought- the man in charge of post monitoring. Sorry again and please do not delete my account. Now, please back on topic again so Jamie does not have to tell us that too.

RNK
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Great, we're back on topic.

I like how these books are actual books you can buy from a shop unlike those really fake looking books that are usually made specifically for book tests but look suspicious.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Stand by for Jamie's next big scoop: Apparently Al Goshman is planning to release a line of sponge balls. Oh, and Harry Houdini's working on a book called A Magician Among the Spirits.

You heard it here first!
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
My fault for the drift to Penn and Teller, but I was pointing out that if Brushwood is a sleeze bag, Michael Ammar has appeared alongside him exposing such things as the out-to-lunch principle.

But back to the book test. If this Brushwood fellow has a book test he's selling, I believe, by all means, the methodology should be exposed.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I have to agree. It'd be a little old-fashioned karma coming down, as Willie Nelson might say.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 22:21, Ray Haining wrote:
My fault for the drift to Penn and Teller, but I was pointing out that if Brushwood is a sleeze bag, Michael Ammar has appeared alongside him exposing such things as the out-to-lunch principle.

Really- I didn't know that! Another good method exposed. The guy has over 250 videos- It's difficult to watch every one of them. but that means he's exposed over 250 things.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Aside from whats he's exposed etc, the days of spending hundreds upon hundreds for a book test are long gone. Well, for me at least. With things like Glance out there, I see no reason to shell out that kind of dough on something that at the end of the day, is just a word divination.

Unless its bringing something totally NEW to the table that others won't do, ill stick to Glance, or my Flashback books.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
If this Brushwood fellow has a book test he's selling, I believe, by all means, the methodology should be exposed.

Unfortunately this wouldn't just damage Brushwood's version.

Mike
Einmaliger
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
199 Posts

Profile of Einmaliger
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 09:06, saysold1 wrote:
Then again maybe some Café members can create a video explaining all the inner workings & secrets of his new book test - I mean seriously, why not? All's fair.

This is great idea! The video should also point out that this is a very weak effect, the animal joke is old and that are many, many book tests out there that are a lot stronger.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-08 05:12, Einmaliger wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 09:06, saysold1 wrote:
Then again maybe some Café members can create a video explaining all the inner workings & secrets of his new book test - I mean seriously, why not? All's fair.

This is great idea! The video should also point out that this is a very weak effect, the animal joke is old and that are many, many book tests out there that are a lot stronger.

Two wrongs don't make a right folks.

Let's not descend to the same level as Brian Brushyourwood here for goodness' sake.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 04:28, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
If this Brushwood fellow has a book test he's selling, I believe, by all means, the methodology should be exposed.

Unfortunately this wouldn't just damage Brushwood's version.

Mike

Hm. That's a good point.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 05:51, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Let's not descend to the same level as Brian Brushyourwood here for goodness' sake.

Yes. Wouldn't want to sink to the same level as the guy whose new book test you proudly trumpeted just two days ago.

(Also: The "Brushyourwood" thing...I don't want to say it's completely juvenile and unfunny, because maybe somebody laughed at it the first time...but you must understand that it's the sort of "joke" that's funny once -- maybe -- and tiresome thereafter. To keep making the same joke, over and over, makes you look desperate and sad.)

Oh, and I know you've been missing it, so: Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Dear me! Did you not pick up on the tone of Jamie's OP?

The link to Brian Bushwoody's "boasting" was a subtle clue.

:pop:
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:42, MovieMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:22, Ray Haining wrote:
Are magicians afraid to criticize Penn and Teller?

Magicians have been criticizing Penn & Teller since the '80s.

The ignorant ones, yes. Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 14:58, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:42, MovieMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:22, Ray Haining wrote:
Are magicians afraid to criticize Penn and Teller?

Magicians have been criticizing Penn & Teller since the '80s.

The ignorant ones, yes. Smile

I tend to agree. I'm a big fan. Smile
Hypnotic1
View Profile
New user
Leander, TX
7 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic1
There’s a lot of conjecture and suppositions about Brian Brushwoods book test all from people who don’t own it and from people who’ve never put their hands on one and don’t know the full story of the books, what they can do and how well they’ve been made. I've not yet heard of one person who actually owns a set complain or be disappointed.

Well… I’ve owned just about every book test imaginable and they all pale in comparison to what Brian has created. In fact Brian and I had dozens of LONG conversations about what we loved about book tests, and what we hated (stupid books no one has ever heard of) – he solved just about every problem in this multi phased book test.

I BOUGHT the very first copies before they were finished. Based on the ideas alone and the attention to detail that I know Brian Brushwood gives to every project he undertakes. He kept saying (about 6 years ago) that he was going to make more copies (different titles) and I finally handed him a check for $1000 and said – “there, now you have to get them done, I just bought a set.” It’s been the best $1000 I’ve ever spent in mentalism and I have never had anything but great success with it. After a show it’s what people talk about, and the solutions they suggest are NEVER the actual solution! The books are above suspicion.

Talk all you want, back bite, call names and question methods, but the truth is that Brian has created (yes created) the very best book test I’ve ever seen. He’s also properly given credit where it’s due in the instructions and acknowledges those shoulders he stood on to combine methods in a unique way.

Quite frankly I hope no one else buys one because I’d rather be doing it almosts exclusively as I have been for the past 5-6 years.

But get the facts straight, proper credit is given, it is a unique set of methods, Brian IS a hard working performing professional (headlining colleges, concert tours and places like Universal Studios, as well as dozens of world wide TV appearances) and he’s a hell of a guy who reads the message boards. If you’re someone who has a problem with him, be a man and contact him directly – it’s pretty easy to find his number.

The amount of work that went into writing this book (which withstands intense scrutiny) is more than any magician I know would have put into something. And he’s made books that mimic the originals so well and in such subtle ways that there’s no way to describe it all – and no reason to.

If you’ve bought a set of this book test and are unhappy – contact Brian, but if you’ve never seen a product, you probably shouldn’t be posting a review of it here or anywhere else. If you've held them, examined them and fully understand that they are so versatile and so much more than a simple "word divination", then comment away - otherwise, you're damaging any credibility that you give to a product you've actually reviewed and disliked.

This thread started with questioning the "boasts" that Brian has made, but as an owner of the this book test, and a professional user of it for longer than any other working pro, I say he's actually being modest about the bad ass product he's releasing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brian Brushwood's new book test (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11..17..23..29..35..39~40~41 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL