The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How can I distress plastic- see photo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Can anyone tell Ed how to melt some antique plastic, and fill in some of the holes, if he decides he went too far?:
Cardstuntman
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Cardstuntman
Just get some plastic epoxy and fill it in and sand it down. Maybe a Dremel to do some of the stressin' and sanding.
Franky33
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Franky33
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 11:05, vampiro wrote:
Can anyone tell Ed how to melt some antique plastic, and fill in some of the holes, if he decides he went too far?:

They are cheap enough, I would just start over.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
If you want to experiment a little more, here's a technique I have used a lot:

Get a large nail file and some metallic paint. Spray or brush the paint on the file and scrape whatever bit you're working on. Don't file, just scrape here and there.
Sent from my Typewriter
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
If you do this to another one, see if you can use a utility knife to slice and pry open the frame first and remove the clear plastic.

Just my opinion, but I don't like the clear piece being all scuffed. It's really meant to represent glass, which would not scuff and distress the way your clear plastic has. Distress, paint, mark up the frame, then put back in the clear plastic and glue the two sides back together.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
This reminds me of when you were younger and you kept egging on a friend to distress or mess up something they weren't supposed to.
And you all were laughing like nuts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How can I distress plastic- see photo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL