The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 2" Caster Wheels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm looking for a good source for 2" caster wheels. I prefer a swivel plate caster. Seems everything I've come across so far (through ebay and google) is all the hard plastic wheels. I'm looking to put them on my Modern Art.

Thanks for your help Smile
~Bryan
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I've been using the Woodcraft casters for everything in my shop, and I love them. They're polyurethane, quiet, blah blah blah. The only issue you may have is, they only come in a red-orange color and the smallest is 2.5". On the other hand, a larger caster will give you a quieter, smoother ride.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2001989......all.aspx

Other than that, try grainger.com.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Local hardware stores and home improvement stores have tons of 2" casters, even Office Depot sells them for replacement parts for Office Furniture. If you are able to go shopping, at these suggested places, you should have good luck. If you have an Harbor Freight Store in you city, they also carry 2" wheels, all I have mentioned have them in rubber.

If you are looking for the best price, write down the manufacture's product number and Google the number. Good luck!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Wow...thanks for all the resources guys! I found some great Colson caster wheels for a decent price on Amazon.. They should be here tomorrow, so we'll see Smile
Thanks again!
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
Grizzly.com has a good selection
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 2" Caster Wheels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL