The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..23~24~25 [Next]
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Oh great...thanks for that Steve! I hadn't even clicked on the link, I knew what was coming and the tune was in my head and I know it'll be stuck there for days.

I shall have my revenge.

Oh yes, I shall have my revenge.
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, I don't think I really did anything extraordinary by sending you a follow up email - I just wanted to make sure you got the book! I'm pleased that you enjoyed it and I'm sure you will be out there using this in no time!

And Stephen - good grief! You are incorrigible. I think the last time I heard that song it was part of a montage in "Only Fools and Horses".

Cushty!

Best,

Atlas
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Incorrigible? isn't that one of them airship things?
You sayin' I is fat?

Steve
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Very pleased with what I received. Seen the principle before, but never would have thought to use it for ACAAN. Couple this with slick and creative scripting and you have a real winner. Atlas also was kind enough to tip me privately what he follows this with (an impromptu version of an effect I'd stop doing in favor of a set-up version) which I'm excited to come back to as well.

I'd be hard pressed to imagine anyone not using this often, which IMO justifies the price.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Jeff,

Good to read you feel you have received value for your money and that you will use Crusade for many years to come .

Following up with the classic trick mentioned by Atlas leaves the spectators with two long lasting memories that they have witnessed something special .

Andrew
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Just to let you guys know, I used this several times last week in Bristol at the famous Magic bar, Illusions where I was the guest magician (again Smile )..... it garnered several gasps of amazement and loud rounds of applause every time!!!

This for me is a winner! well done on a fab piece of magic!

David
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I don't do a ACAAN. I just never really got into the effect. But so many people were heaping such praise, the right kind of praise, on this effect. I sat on my $27, debating whether it would be worth it for one effect. I mean, I've been in magic to long to go spending that much on one trick. I can afford it, that's not the point. It is more the principle that I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't worth it. And then there is the whole mentalist thing...

But something told me this was worth it, so I took a chance.

Wow! Just Wow!

It is rare that I learn a trick these days that just gets me giddy once I finally figure out the details and perform it right a few times. And yet here I was just today, just sitting at my desk giggling over how *** good this is and how it is going to fry a laymen's brain housing group, complete with smoke if that was possible.

This is dangerous good because it is routined beautifully, because each step is motivated, because it builds quite nicely to a great climax and because it is so well written that you could just follow the script. Yet the script easily allows you to phrase things more to your style so that you may come off either serious or cheeky or anywhere in between.

If this interests you at all, just get it. Don't think about it, just get it. I was worried about the process but you shouldn't be. It is solid, motivated and is going to be fun to perform.

Yeah, it's that good...

Oh, and to Atlas and Andrew, a job well done sirs. This is polished piece of mentalism and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2013-07-03 14:28, Kaliix wrote:
I don't do a ACAAN. I just never really got into the effect. But so many people were heaping such praise, the right kind of praise, on this effect. I sat on my $27, debating whether it would be worth it for one effect. I mean, I've been in magic to long to go spending that much on one trick. I can afford it, that's not the point. It is more the principle that I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't worth it. And then there is the whole mentalist thing...

But something told me this was worth it, so I took a chance.

Wow! Just Wow!

It is rare that I learn a trick these days that just gets me giddy once I finally figure out the details and perform it right a few times. And yet here I was just today, just sitting at my desk giggling over how *** good this is and how it is going to fry a laymen's brain housing group, complete with smoke if that was possible.

This is dangerous good because it is routined beautifully, because each step is motivated, because it builds quite nicely to a great climax and because it is so well written that you could just follow the script. Yet the script easily allows you to phrase things more to your style so that you may come off either serious or cheeky or anywhere in between.

If this interests you at all, just get it. Don't think about it, just get it. I was worried about the process but you shouldn't be. It is solid, motivated and is going to be fun to perform.

Yeah, it's that good...

Oh, and to Atlas and Andrew, a job well done sirs. This is polished piece of mentalism and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Agree with your evaluation of this Kaliix. I was one of the first to buy this and wasn't going to say much because I thought it was so well scripted which took it to a very entertaining for spec's level and away from a magicians luv it card trick. The secret is well hidden with the script. I just hope people do it justice as it is really an excellant piece.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi Jeff, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm pleased that you liked the book and agree that this is something that you can perform often and is clean and entertaining - as David has been able to attest also!

I have to say, David, that I get the same reactions when I perform this. I will actually be in the UK soon and we may get to meet up. I've heard about this place in Bristol, and am excited to make the trip.

Kallix, thanks for your very kind review. When you said "I don't do an ACAAN", yours was a position that I think a lot of us can identify with. I'm glad that's changed for you and so many others. And you also mention a key point - there are, as the Doctor would say (there's a reference for all you sci-fi fans), "Fixed points" in the script, but everything else can be changed to suit your style. There is a lot of versatility here to make this piece conform with your presentation style.

And, finally, Takeachance - thanks for your feedback also. You correctly point out that this piece is for our audiences and is geared toward giving them an entertaining experience that they will always remember.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Best,

Atlas
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
I just performed this for my girlfriend, who has seen a lot of my stuff, but I still managed to get a strong reaction from her! Thanks for releasing this, Atlas! Smile

Nigel
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
I had a chance to perform it with my friends and the effect is very very good.
I suggest this effect to everyone. It is impromptu, easy to perform and everything is well justified.

Congratulation Andy and Atlas.

Bye,
Tommy
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
https://www.lybrary.com/tommaso-guglielmi-m-52570.html
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The girl friend test is one of the toughest to pass , what with "Oh not another magic effect you want to show me attitude" Great to read Crusade passed with flying colours Nigel.

Tommy you have such a in depth understanding of the ACAAN effect that praise from you is really appreciated.

Atlas and I have been overwhelmed by all the good feedback.

Thank you one and all

Andrew
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
Oh yes, and thank you as well for the release, Andrew. Apologies for missing you out!

And yes for you guys have haven't gotten it, that's how good it is... It helped me pass the "girlfriend test". Smile

I perform it with the premise of "brainwaves connecting" rather than the one suggested though. I start off by talking about how what I'll be performing is similar to cases where two people think of something, and say it at the same time - when brainwaves connect. Smile

Nigel
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
All I csn say
Crusade is a killer........i performed crusade at the trophy room at the Magic Castle last nit,e and the reactions were tremendous of course I used my own style and made iot work for me.....
thank you Andy and Atlas

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
You got me hooked - I will go out just tonight and try finding a new, unused and fresh magician's girlfriend so I can try out the mentioned 'test' with her.
(All the others have gone over the years after finding out them being abused as magical test bunnies).

Wish me luck, Mondays are general tough to catch bunnies... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2013-07-08 11:44, vinsmagic wrote:
All I csn say
Crusade is a killer........i performed crusade at the trophy room at the Magic Castle last nit,e and the reactions were tremendous of course I used my own style and made iot work for me.....
thank you Andy and Atlas

vinny
When Vinny speaks I listen.
Steve
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have recently purchased this and think this is fantastic, very easy to do but oh so baffling!!! great effect and one that I am going to work on
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks for the feedback Nigel, Tommy, Vinny, and Daren. I was especially pleased to hear that this went over well for you at the Magic Castle, Vinny. And I agree Steve, he knows a thing or two!

Nicolino, I'm reporting you to PETA... Smile

Best,

Atlas
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Smile Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Now seriously, I was demoed Crusade last weekend. And what can I say?

It was the blend of a brilliant performer, an extremely well fitting patter and a bloody clever effect that left me nothing but fooled!
Wow, this does not happen every day...

The only concern one could have is that this effect needs a certain mood and environment to unfold best; it's nothing you would want to show in a hurry or to a wired crowd. Otherwise I'm impressed - by its simplicity, its methodical mimicry and the ease of performance!
Well done, mates!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL