The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Crystal Cleaver - reducing the noise (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The Tenyo verson of Crystal Cleaver is easy to find. Just look on eBay.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Yes magicojapan have. so I ordered it. but I want the old packing from 1993 Smile
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 02:11, Killertweety wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-12 18:39, gimmickless wrote:
You can get it here, cheapest price in world.
http://www.maxello.com/index.php?p=3&q=20&c=rb-10154

Sorry but that 'thing' is absolutely rubbish. I once bought one of these before I started collecting Tenyo and it works maybe a couple of times and then you can throw it away. Pay a couple of bucks more and get the Tenyo version.

Several years ago I purchased a knock-off Crystal Cleaver without realizing that there was a difference between it and Tenyo's Crystal Cleaver. After reading Killertweety's post I ordered one from Tenyo. I just received it and I'm glad I did. It is now one of if not my favorite Tenyo! Wow, what a difference!

Thanks for the tip!
kellebotond
View Profile
New user
Hungary
86 Posts

Profile of kellebotond
Knock offs are always much much worse. I also had a knock off Crystal Cleaver. After 3 performances it has gone wrong. You can get an original for about 20-30 dollars.
Bûvészmûsor Rendelés
http://www.buveszmusor.hu/
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Tenyo crystal cleaver wanted.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Tenyo still sells Crystal Cleaver. You can find it from sellers in Japan very easily, and inexpensively.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I see them for sale , but someone told me to buy an original one ??? are they all the same.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Yes, as long as it is made by Tenyo! As Richard mentioned it is easy to find and inexpensive.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Wally

I am not sure if you are kidding by the amount of posts looking for a Tenyo item which is still available, but in case you are not you can buy it here for $16

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/crystal-cl......OXvldV8E
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
This says Original??http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crystal-Cleaver-T-155-ORIGINAL-TENYO-Classic-Magic-Trick-/331132198159 I live in England.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

You'll pay less, even with postage, if you order it on eBay from Tokyo Hobby or Magico-Japan. People in the UK seem to think all Tenyo tricks are made of gold and the prices for even common items are ridiculous.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I got an original.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I picked up this effect a few weeks ago and regarding the question of noise, I Completely agree with Ricahrd Kaufman.

To me when housing the cabinet on the base (if done fairly quickly in a relaxed manner) the noise that is heard just sounds like the Cabinet clicking home or into place. Nothing untoward.

Also when pushing down the cleaver the noise heard at this point can easily be explained as the noise of the penetration through the solid box and the Ring. As I push down I sometimes say to Spectators if you listen carefully you will hear the exact point at which the impossible happens and the box and ring is completely severed and then I whip off the cabinet to show that the magic has happened.

I also followed a tip on the Tenyo blog and I have replaced the sword with a ribbon. This is far more magical and gets the audience involved, you get two spectators to hold each end of a 2 foot piece of ribbon. The effect looks even more impossible this way.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Very cool idea. How do you thread the ribbon though the tower?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The idea of using a ribbon was published by Fantasio.
Skyker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Skyker
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, edshern wrote:
Very cool idea. How do you thread the ribbon though the tower?

I like the idea, but I'm curious too about the method for passing the ribbon through the tower without too much hesitation.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Regarding the ribbon, I picked up the idea from the Tenyo.co.jp blog. As Richard Kaufman states it was provided by Fantasio and the Tenyo.co.jp blog correctly credits Fantasio.

What the blog doesn't tell you though is how to thread the ribbon through the cabinet. The way that I thread the ribbon is to tape a thin piece of stiff colored card, similar width and length to the sword blade to the end of the ribbon and thread this through.

Also If anyone performs Tenyo Invisible Zone there is a fantastic presentation idea using clay ! on the above blog.
Skyker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Skyker
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, MikeMgc wrote:
Regarding the ribbon, I picked up the idea from the Tenyo.co.jp blog. As Richard Kaufman states it was provided by Fantasio and the Tenyo.co.jp blog correctly credits Fantasio.

What the blog doesn't tell you though is how to thread the ribbon through the cabinet. The way that I thread the ribbon is to tape a thin piece of stiff colored card, similar width and length to the sword blade to the end of the ribbon and thread this through.

Also If anyone performs Tenyo Invisible Zone there is a fantastic presentation idea using clay ! on the above blog.

Thanks! I will check this out.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
An old post, but..

To me the noise is not inconsequential when in a quiet setting. So I time tapping the base of the cleaver on the top of the box as I talk about both the cleaver and the box are solid objects.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Crystal Cleaver - reducing the noise (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL