The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Supa Thump NOW AVAILABLE on iOS & Android. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
jcss
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of jcss
I have doubts between telephoto and supa thump ... Which one you think that you can get further ideas?
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, jcss wrote:
I have doubts between telephoto and supa thump ... Which one you think that you can get further ideas?

They are both amazing utilities. You may get more out of TeleFoto especially if you pick up the amazing TeleFoto Extreme E -book. There are so many ideas it will blow your mind.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
If you have an assistant, SupaThump is amazingly powerful - especially the Google presentation.

TeleFoto is terrific for working alone.

Mike
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
If I open the Google search thumper, it says: This thumper has no settings

How do I use it?

Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Quote:
On May 29, 2014, DutchFrank wrote:
If I open the Google search thumper, it says: This thumper has no settings

How do I use it?

Frank

PM'd you
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Can the google search trick on their phone be done without a helper?
thanks
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Yes if you use the swipe thumper and preset 9 different Google searches
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks
so, there's only 9 "searches" that can be named?
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I have yet to really use this because I never became comfortable with the input method (solo).

any chance we could get something using pebble integration like the brilliant MagicWebFX? With only 9 options it should be too bad!

My pants are just tight and too filled with things for me to be able to work the screen. I'd love to use this app though, I have some really great ideas for it!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

I understand that the search method has been withdrawn from the manual.

Mike
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, DynaMix wrote:
My pants are just tight and too filled with things for me to be able to work the screen. I'd love to use this app though, I have some really great ideas for it!

Lol. Those must be some fashionable skinny pencil leg pants.

I have Telephoto and interested in Supa Thump but I work solo.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

I use Supa Thump on a daily basis and it kills. Don't overlook the swipe or grid features because they can be done solo very easily. I talked with Greg recently and soon there will be an under the spectators nose thump feature that allows for no pocket fumbling. I had the idea and Greg was of course already working on it.

The other thing I came up with which is too good to share openly so PM me if want the details.

I can't say much but there are some huge things happening with this app but Greg asked that remain silent for now.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, Michael Daniels wrote:
I understand that the search method has been withdrawn from the manual.

Mike

Is this true? Does this mean that the current version on the app store has functionality removed from the original?

If so, it's pretty clear from reading this thread how the app works; what's to stop someone else now producing an app that provides the removed functionality and selling that on the store? I would have thought the better approach would be to simply make it clear to sellers that TV and online performance rights are not given but personal 'live' use is.

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

My understanding is that the exclusive rights to the search method have recently been sold to an unnamed performer. However, people who have already bought SupaThump may continue to use this method in live performance, provided no videos are made. The method has been withdrawn for new SupaThump purchasers.

To be fair, Greg added this method at a later date as a free bolt-on to the basic app, so it is not true to say that functionality has been removed from the original.

Mike
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, Michael Daniels wrote:
My understanding is that the exclusive rights to the search method have recently been sold to an unnamed performer. However, people who have already bought SupaThump may continue to use this method in live performance, provided no videos are made. The method has been withdrawn for new SupaThump purchasers.

To be fair, Greg added this method at a later date as a free bolt-on to the basic app, so it is not true to say that functionality has been removed from the original.

Mike

That piece for me, was the real gem though. Will have to pass on this app in this case. If I were Greg, the possibility that now there's a gap for someone to build an app with this capability in it, would be a real concern. Shame he couldn't simply state in the app purchase that it was not for TV or Internet performance, and that way continue to 'stake his claim' on the methodology. Now it's effectively withdrawn it's no longer 'in print' as such and open to re-invention with no comeback to claim he was there first.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, jbadman wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, Michael Daniels wrote:

Mike

That piece for me, was the real gem though. Will have to pass on this app in this case. If I were Greg, the possibility that now there's a gap for someone to build an app with this capability in it, would be a real concern. Shame he couldn't simply state in the app purchase that it was not for TV or Internet performance, and that way continue to 'stake his claim' on the methodology. Now it's effectively withdrawn it's no longer 'in print' as such and open to re-invention with no comeback to claim he was there first.

I am sure Greg will come on here and explain things more but let me say this. The google search functionality has not been removed from the app in any way. Only the instructions of how to do this have been removed. The unnamed magician did not buy the rights to the effect only the television/ internet performance rights and that is only until his special has aired. The only reason Greg removed the instructions were so new purchasers of the app would not be confused as to what they can or can't do. If you purchased this today all you would have to do is contact Greg and I am sure he will tell you how to do this feature. This was going to be the instruction method in the first place.

I tried to be as vague as possible because again Greg has asked owners not to talk about this out of respect for the person who bought the tv rights. Please if you have specific questions or concerns chat directly with Greg and please don't discuss this on a relatively open forum.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

When Supa Thump first went on sale I had reserved the TV/Internet performance rights. This is the reason why an unnamed magician has purchased these rights from me.

As it's already been stated, everything in Supa Thump works exactly the same as it did before . . . nothing has changed.
The only difference is, the instructions for the web thumper have been removed from the manual.

ALL users of Supa Thump are welcome to perform the web thumper in their live shows. As long as you don't put a video of it on TV or the internet, then it's all good.
I currently know MANY magicians that perform the web thumper in their professional shows.

The unnamed magician did not buy the rights to the effect; ONLY the TV/Internet performance rights and that is only until his TV special aires sometime in 2015.
After his special aires, I will own the TV/Internet performance rights.

If you're wondering what's the effect of the web thumper, here's a brief description (because of the agreement, I can't show you a video):

"I want to try to INJECT an image into your mind!"
"The things that we see around us are common. I wanna go bigger than this".
"I can only INJECT images that I can see . . . if I can't see it, it won't work".

"Please turn on your smartphone and launch a web browser".

"I'm sure you know that you can do an image search for anything in Google".

You borrow their phone and do an image search for something they can't see.
"OK, I got it. Now that I see it, I can PROJECT this image into your mind"!!

You then put their phone face down in front of them.
"That's the last time, I'll touch your phone".

"Here's pen and paper. I'm going to touch your forehead and ask you to write something".

You look into their eyes, touch their forehead as you say . . .
"Write the name of ANY celebrity and show it to everyone. Make sure I don't see it".

You turn your back. They write Orson Wells.

"Put the paper away . . . Now, please pick up your phone and see who I had done an image search for".

They pick up their phone and see that you had done an image search for ORSON WELLS!!! Smile

Their phone can now be fully examined. They are really in the Google image search and if they look at their web history or go back pages they will not find ANYTHING wrong!

The above routine, is one of many effects that you can do with Supa Thump.
It plays EXACTLY how it's written.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Greg Rostami
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, itsmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, DynaMix wrote:

Lol. Those must be some fashionable skinny pencil leg pants.

I have Telephoto and interested in Supa Thump but I work solo.

Lol well the main issue is that between a deck, wallet, phone, sharpie (usually on me all times) I can't figure out an effective way to access the screen.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Hi Greg - I sent you an email through your web contact page - looking forward to hearing back from you

Ed
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Will this work through a HTC One?

Best.

Neil.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Supa Thump NOW AVAILABLE on iOS & Android. (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL