The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rice Bowles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CharlaineC
View Profile
New user
rhode island
61 Posts

Profile of CharlaineC
I'm looking to make a new set of rice bowles larger then the the set had when I was younger. I'm just wondering if anyone has made a set?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder has a sort of "History of Rice Bowls" in his Mini-Mysteries Book 2 section on The Magic Nook. Both he and I have made several sets over the years, starting with the Al Baker bowls, then variations on UF Grant's Politically Incorrect named "Chink Cans." I also made a Chung Ling Soo (William Robinson) Rice Bowl, and of course, once Eleazar showed us the way, we all were making his witches' cauldron rice bowls for a spell, and then found that his principle could be used in many other places where you wanted a sudden production of liquid from a pot or pail. It's worth studying the history so you can see that you have a great many more options than just duplicating the one found in magic sets years ago.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I never made a set, as I always liked the spun metal one made by the different manufactures. The standard seems to be 5 inch, and Owen's Magic use to make them in 5 and 7 inch.

There are some nice ceramic bowls, very colorful at the local dollar store that look like they would be nice to use. The problem is getting sanding disc large enough to sand the lip of the bowls.

How big were you wanting to go? There are some stainless steel mixing bowls with a lip at Wal-Mart, that will work if you get some Zombie stands and attach them to the bottom. These bowls come in graduated sizes up to 12 inches.

For the cheap cost of them today, it is easier just to buy a set. They even make the self contained model to look like the standard ones that use gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rice Bowles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL