The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious 1234- Walton (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-09-09 09:27, Montana76 wrote:
Please provide a link to a Youtube-video with a performance and tutorial. Promptly.

(Yes, that was a joke..)

And a good one too!
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Nice. Thanks for the share!
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I meant Card Cavalcade not Card College.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I meant Card Cavalcade not Card College.
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
I liked the effect, but at first did not find an presentational angle. The "presentation" in the Complete Walton did not appeal to me and in CC there is no presentation given.

Currently I am considering a "magician in trouble" kind of presentation:
The selection is returned to the center of the deck and the magician claims to be able to bring it to the top with a simple [enter your favourite magical gesture here]. As this fails he states that he needs to warm up and tackle something easier, e.g. bring a card from second from top to top. The rest should then be obvious.

How did you guys solve this issue? Do you even consider it an issue?

Best, markus
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2013-09-11 07:47, MKoeppel wrote:
I liked the effect, but at first did not find an presentational angle. The "presentation" in the Complete Walton did not appeal to me and in CC there is no presentation given.

Currently I am considering a "magician in trouble" kind of presentation:
The selection is returned to the center of the deck and the magician claims to be able to bring it to the top with a simple [enter your favourite magical gesture here]. As this fails he states that he needs to warm up and tackle something easier, e.g. bring a card from second from top to top. The rest should then be obvious.

How did you guys solve this issue? Do you even consider it an issue?

Best, markus

I present as very simply as so:

I ask the spectator to name a number between one and four. I proceed as in the description in CC showing the ability of the not named cards to rise to the top. The chosen card is just placed face down mext to the others because "this is the card you named". At the end I say: Dunno how you knew that, but the card you named is the only one that has no acrobatic ability. But it likes to dress up as something else. And just for you it has dressed as the card you chose.

I have the selection named and then turn it over.
Nothing fancy as you can see...

mlippo
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Sorry I never got back to this. Thanks mlippo, simple and straight forward. Are you all still doing this One?
A Roy Walton gem!
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Hello!
Yes, this is actually one of go to tricks. It's quick and people like it a lot. Honestly I don't even bother controlling the selection...
I glimpse the bottom and use the key card principle. Ask which colour the selection is ("because I need four cards and I must be sure your card is not among them") and then I go through the pack to look for them, secretly adding the selection. At that point I enter the little routine.

I think that asking for the selection's colour is a little touch that convinces the spectators you have no clue which one it is ..

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious 1234- Walton (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL