The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » To-Do Voodoo by Rick Lax (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 11:37, jamiesalinas wrote:
Here is a video link of me performing the routine:

http://youtu.be/yQEXMKgPxfM

Jamie

Video says: connection to server lost
Ch. Ahsan
View Profile
New user
Pakistan
19 Posts

Profile of Ch. Ahsan
Its awesome and simple, All you will need is card to write on and you are ready to go.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jamie:

I really liked the way you routined it. Thank you for sharing.

Tony
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes Jamie, nice job. Thourougly enjoyed.

J
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
When I first saw the clip I contacted Jamie -- because I thought it was very strong indeed -- especially when he broke the rules and did it a second time with a different result. It just goes to prove that if you want to hide something, put it in plain sight.

Great routine...wonderful simple invention...clever design. All round wonderful effect.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Jamie, great fun man. Good job.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 11:37, jamiesalinas wrote:
Here is a video link of me performing the routine:

Jamie

Jamie, great presentation.

So I took the plunge and bought this effect. I have performed it twice so far and here are my thoughts. Easy to prepare. Easy mechanically to perform which means that the presentation must be polished. The method is so bold that I love that. Which again brings me back to a polished performance with the right audience management. I also added a slight subtlety to make it a bit easier to repeat. Shoot me a PM if you want to know it. Not a big thing.

Michael
nautimike
View Profile
New user
South Haven, MI
54 Posts

Profile of nautimike
I have been using this trick for a little over a month with great success.
Does anyone have experience with trying this with younger kids?
I have a show in two weeks and I'm thinking about adapting this using a list of chores.
In general, I'm wondering how this type of mentalism would be perceived by 7 yr olds.
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I would not do this for 7 year olds and I do perform for children regularly. But, give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2013, jamiesalinas wrote:
Have you seen this effect on Penguin's instant download offering? If not, check this out: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3578

First of all, I do not know Rick, I have never met him and I do not make any money on this at all. One late night while being bored, I took a chance on an $4.95 download that looked very interesting from the demo video. In short, I really love this effect! This is something that I now carry with me ALL THE TIME! It fits in my wallet, can be done close-up, stand-up and for a large group as well. Leave your rod and reels at home as there is "NO FISHING", just direct mind reading.

The principal is an old one that is used very well here. Rick provides some additional touches that really makes this effect work very well. I have taken this concept and adapted it to my own presentational style that is simply stunning for my audiences. You can customize your to do list to fit you. As a reviewer for Magic Unity and Might Magazine, I see a lot of magic. I don't do this often but this is an effect that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! It is simple to perform and looks like real mind reading. At $4.95, this is a STEAL! Do yourself a favor and get "To-Do Voodoo" now.

If you buy it and want to discuss my handling of the effect, please feel free to PM me.

Jamie Salinas

I'm confused .. It's you on the link?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Dave

No, Jamie is not on the Penguin link (that is Rick).

But he is performing the effect in the link below
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
MY BAD!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Ha! Rick is the creator. I am a fan! I carry this with me all the time in my wallet. You can't go wrong with it. I use this in my paid performances. It is a steal at $5.00!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2013, John C wrote:
Was that a pitch?

I can't help but be amused by you accusing him of a "pitch" when you're pitching a product of your own at the bottom of every post you make.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, ixnay66 wrote:
Quote:
Was that a pitch?

I can't help but be amused by you accusing him of a "pitch" when you're pitching a product of your own at the bottom of every post you make.

My objective in life is to amuse people. Looks like I've been successful with you. My day is complete.

J
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, ixnay66 wrote:
Quote:
Was that a pitch?

it's amusing that you took 3 years to think of your reply Smile
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have this and tried to make it.

It's hard to make messed up hap hazard looking Shopping list.

I get half way through and find out I don't have enough space to finish it.

I would love to have a picture of both of the shopping lists so I could just copy paste

them onto card stock and cut them out.

Great trick but have yet to make the lists.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
I have to say, I was skeptical about this idea but after trying it I can say it really works and works well. The only downside is a super observant person might spot what is going on... Which is why I'm presenting this as an observation test... But is the test for me or the spectator? That depends how things go if you know what I mean.... With such a bold method that, let's face it, if and when you get busted you really get busted, I feel more comfortable having somewhere to go with it. But so far, after a dozen or so trial runs, have never had to use my out.
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
I was very interested in this, but I didn't buy it because of the trailer which doesn't show a full performance.
However, now that I have seen Jamie's one, I will buy it immediately. Thank you for sharing!!
Second Sight
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Second Sight
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Robb wrote:
Which is why I'm presenting this as an observation test... But is the test for me or the spectator? That depends how things go if you know what I mean....

That's a great idea, Robb. I bought this a while ago when I was researching mental yarn type effects, and I liked it, but for whatever reason I never did it. This is a nice angle to make it a little more bulletproof.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » To-Do Voodoo by Rick Lax (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL