The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » What's your opening line in street magic? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Here are some of the things that I am aware of:

1. LOOK APPROACHABLE
We’ve all seen people walking down a hall with their head down or sitting at a table engrossed with their phone. Body language speaks volumes, and they’re sending signals that they don’t want to be bothered. Instead, get interested in the people around you, "A smile shows that you’re open to a conversation,”.

2. SAY HELLO
It sounds simple, but a quick “hello” will break the ice. Marriott Hotels has a “15-5 rule” for its employees. Whenever an employee comes within 15 feet of anyone in the hotel, they must acknowledge the guest with eye contact or a friendly nod. If the person comes within five feet, then the employee must smile and say hello. Robinett suggests that you take on the Marriott rule for yourself.

“Try it with people in the grocery line or wherever you have a captive audience.”

3. ASSUME THE OTHER PERSON IS SHY
Seventy percent of people proclaim they’re shy, Knowing this puts you in the same boat.

“You don’t have to be an extrovert to talk to a stranger,” “We’re all so worried what other people might think about us. The truth is that no one cares because they’re worried about themselves.”

Instead, take the focus off of you and put it onto the other person. “The best connectors I know will tell you they’re shy, but that doesn’t stop them from creating powerful networks,” “They simply know that it takes other people to get to their goals and they come out of their comfort zone.”
I really have nothing new to say, however when I do it is something to hear or read about!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » What's your opening line in street magic? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL