The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..28..53..78..103..128~129~130~131~132..151..169..187..205..223..224~225~226 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I plan on being dead for the next century or two. I am thinking and going that intelligent work arounds are found.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Wait.... You are only going to be dead for a century or two? Then what?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Muah ha ha.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Muahh haa haa
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are too many using too much stuff and all they do is waste millions of man hours every day entertaining people, who could otherwise be out cleaning up plastic mountains.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
@Danny, would you like to read the Hot Earth Dreams book?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If only we had psychopaths at the top that had psychotic scientists working for them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Psychotic in that they'd develop internal combustion and claim there's an economy of scale...and it's okay to externalize costs when doing public accounting...

A thing in context is what it does. Out of context you can pretty much say "well you could clean it up and make it into a clock housing or a lamp".

Got Entropy? Try new extra strength fast acting Ubiq
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Adhd I thought the science was confusing. I need a decoder ring to decipher that gibberish.

And it is not spellchecker that gets him. He means to write this stuff.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is like religion crusade actually, with psychopaths at the top that have psychotic scientists working for them and the faithful followers demanding that our governments hand over to them, our money and power to save the world, because it is global warming and we are going to die. The people who said they cane with idea of global warming to scare us, also said that they favored a Soviet Union type of global governance. We know when there was too many people using too much stuff there what they did about it, don’t we? Climate hysteria is like a crazy religion as we must believe and all act like the climate hysterics do themselves and if we don’t then we are heretics or enemies of the state. How warm is it in Siberia?

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Adhd I thought the science was confusing. I need a decoder ring to decipher that gibberish.

And it is not spellchecker that gets him. He means to write this stuff.

First, if you were to reply to the question asked of you directly - I'd be okay sending you the book.

Insulting folks who live on Gibraltar is not so cool - they have internet too.

Getting back to reports ... our climate of "it's all about me and I'm right" seems more turbulent today. Smile

Hypothetically, if it looks like the world is spinning and folks are not stopping their dizzying motion around you when you yell at them... maybe it's okay to check if you're the one who's spinning. And you might have some control over that. Hypothetically.
Of course the earth's rotation may depend upon enough people being inebriated at the same time but that could be a story apart from climate change Smile Alcohol keeps the world spinning. Tobacco keeps it warm... makes sense if you like that kind of story.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The climate hysterics are such a bunch of hypocrite as well; they will all be out there in the cold this Christmas buying too much stuff while singing climate carols. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/1......s-carols

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, tommy wrote:
The climate hysterics ...

The broad brush drips pain(t)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Green on Red all over the place.

Tommy
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
You folks have gone 'round the bend. Smile
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, danaruns wrote:

Stressing? Just measuring the local metric, guv.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, danaruns wrote:

A long time ago.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
From the lips of climate hysterics, hyperbolic expressions such as “catastrophe” “apocalypse” “disaster” “final warning” “last chance for humanity” and “existential threat” flow freely; poetically speaking as freely as green diarrhea flows from a suckers lips.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, tommy wrote:
From the lips ...poetically speaking as freely as ...

if volume should equate to meaning for others?

Loose language and textipation can be cured.
Start with meaning.
Transpose to the world of others.
Express as if what you believe to be true for them were not also something so obvious in their world that it merits mention.

Counterexample: A statement like "Hey did you know one of your fingers is attached wrong and bends funny?" might possibly merit are reply like "Thumb you very much on both hands where you from?".
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Xkcd.com/1732/

Okay?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..28..53..78..103..128~129~130~131~132..151..169..187..205..223..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL