The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..30..57..84..111..136~137~138~139~140..158..175..192..209..224~225~226 [Next]
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Risking your life is one thing. But forcing others to risk theirs is something else.

Or then just kill all the chinese people, like rockwall suggested. There is no risk for you. Unless your chinese of course.
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/

Before seeing this film, I didn't even know that there are so many people that 'don't believe' in GW, I just assumed it's a well known fact. Anyway, search results here on the documentaty don't bring up this thread, and I don't want to read 92 pages of text to make sure - Merchants of Doubt; I recommend it, a nice documentary on this subject and some others. Anyone seen it, what do you guys think of it?
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
With the massive indoctrination of the warming idea that you been subjected to all of your life it is only natural that you would think there is no doubt about it.

indoctrinate
ɪnˈdɒktrɪneɪt/Submit
verb

gerund or present participle: indoctrinating

teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

"broadcasting was a vehicle for indoctrinating the masses"

synonyms: brainwash, propagandize, proselytize, inculcate, re-educate, persuade, convince, condition, discipline, mould and so on.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2016, B_man2012 wrote:

Before seeing this film, I didn't even know that there are so many people that 'don't believe' in GW, I just assumed it's a well known fact. Anyway, search results here on the documentaty don't bring up this thread, and I don't want to read 92 pages of text to make sure - Merchants of Doubt; I recommend it, a nice documentary on this subject and some others. Anyone seen it, what do you guys think of it?

Thank you for the tip. Looks interesting. When googleing information about this documentary I found also this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/......ubt-film

"It’s exactly what we talk about in the film. It’s a product of a playbook which is to go after the messengers and attack and try and change the conversation, and try to intimidate, and it is very effective,” said Robert Kenner, the filmmaker."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Today, as every day, you will be given your daily dose of fear about ‘catastrophic’ global warming among other things. Now close your eyes relax and just think of global warming.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:

In the meantime, you also might want to watch this movie.

Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

In the meantime, you also might want to watch this movie.

Looks very interesting, thanks for the tip:

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As temperatures plummet, Britain will be colder than St Petersburg this weekend.

The evidence for rapid climate change is compelling.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:
So rockwall, tommy, RNK, Dannydoyle and the rest of you, if you allow, I would like to kind of quote one certain presidential candidate: how will we make this planet great again?

I've noticed that despite your entreaties to others to provide solutions that you still have none to offer.

But I'm still willing to help you out.

Here's another solution:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2......der-says

"Want to Slow Climate Change? Stop Having Babies"

I'm going to vow to follow this author's advice. How about you?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Actually if we all commit to not having babies at all we can trash this mud ball!

All kidding aside he does seem to want others to have solutions while offering none of his own. Generally the trend has been that when this happens the solutions wanted by that person are extreme with lots of government control involved.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Solutions to problems that do not exist will never solve anything.

Tommy
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:
So rockwall, tommy, RNK, Dannydoyle and the rest of you, if you allow, I would like to kind of quote one certain presidential candidate: how will we make this planet great again?

I've noticed that despite your entreaties to others to provide solutions that you still have none to offer.

But I'm still willing to help you out.

Here's another solution:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2......der-says

"Want to Slow Climate Change? Stop Having Babies"

I'm going to vow to follow this author's advice. How about you?

Hey rock"lets kill all the chinese people to cut back the CO2 and its a good idea also because they are poor and miserable anyway"wall!

You have noticed, have you? Maeby you made this observation from the discussion that we just had where I explained my thoughts. So you do read my posts! Great!

And by the way, it still is, like we just talked: I have no NEW solutions. But I know you knew that, so its cool.

Well I have understood from your posts that you would take that bloomberg advice even much further by also killing all the chinese babies, if you had the power to decide.

For me this question comes too late (not killing the chinese babies which I wouldnt do but the question of having my own). But you are spot on by presenting that problem: the fast growth of human population is problematic. And I do want to thank you. It is no small thing to make that desicion you have made. And like the article you shared says:

"There are 19 million adoptable orphans, and there's catastrophic climate change on the horizon. Contributing a child to the world both makes climate change worse and, if we don't get our act together, it might actually not be all that great for the child either."
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Actually if we all commit to not having babies at all we can trash this mud ball!

All kidding aside he does seem to want others to have solutions while offering none of his own. Generally the trend has been that when this happens the solutions wanted by that person are extreme with lots of government control involved.

Also for you Dannydoyle. Refer to my earlier posts where I explain my thoughts. No conspiracy here. I'm an open book. If asking you guys, what are your thoughts on the matter, is not cool, well then... Then its not.

By the way - which one of these do you consider to be more extreme solution:

My thought:

"All the things we as humans are trying to do already are good, I think - we just need to do them better and more. And many good ideas are still just ideas, because it is hard to make them reality because there are some people who seem to think that there is no problem and that we shouldnt worry about it or do anything."

Or rockwalls:

"Here's a suggestion. Let's euthanize all of China. This will immediately decrease the worlds carbon footprint by about a third, just in regards to CO2 output, not to mention all the food available for other people on the earth. I am sure that this will help the earth to feel better and we will find that this will have a positive impact on the climate. It may sound drastic but I doubt you will find a better way to actually cut down on that much CO2 and think of the alternative where everyone on the earth dies instead of just one country of mostly very poor people. I hope you give this serious consideration and realize that this is probably the absolute best we can do as humans to make our planet happy again."

Rockwall makes the wish that we take this his suggestion seriously. So what do you think. Is this extreme and would it need a lot of government control?
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, tommy wrote:

Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, R.S. wrote:
Is that persuasive enough for you? NASA? NOAA? The American Meteorological Society? The Geological Society of America? The American Physical Society? The International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences? The National Academy of Sciences, United States of America? And 190 other scientific bodies?

If you disagree with their conclusions, you'd have to demonstrate that either they all don't know what they're doing, or that they have all entered into some sort of nefarious conspiracy. Personally, I think it's much more reasonable to accept the consensus scientific view than to extrapolate to claims of ineptness or conspiratorial behavior on such a grand scale.

Ron

And another "intellectually honest" poster completely misses the point of the entire discussion here and ignores the fact that nearly every skeptic here has also stated that they agree that some of global warming can be attributed to humans.

Sorry tommy, but as you can see, according to rockwall every skeptic here has stated that they agree that some of GW can be attributed to humans. Well NEARLY every. And so being, nearly everybody here thinks there is a problem of some degree (the degree is still under debate here). And if there is a problem there can be a sollution.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What is your solution?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is your solution?

I was just so happy to notice that rockwall does read my posts, but evidently you don't. Oh well, you win some and lose some. 😊

PS: why don't you take rockwall and his suggestion seriously?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As a result of your indoctrination your problem is wrongly thinking that all GW is a problem.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:

Sorry tommy, but as you can see, according to rockwall every skeptic here has stated that they agree that some of GW can be attributed to humans. Well NEARLY every. And so being, nearly everybody here thinks there is a problem of some degree (the degree is still under debate here). And if there is a problem there can be a sollution.

Just because someone thinks that some warming can be attributed to humans does not mean that they also think that there is a problem, (of any degree). (Just a little logic lesson for you.)
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, tommy wrote:

True, but they do make those wracked by guilt feel a bit better about themselves.
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:

Just because someone thinks that some warming can be attributed to humans does not mean that they also think that there is a problem, (of any degree). (Just a little logic lesson for you.)

Thank you for the lesson rockwall.

I would like to quote Dannydoyle here:

"Who cares if anyone agree 100%? The right thing is the right thing and if progress happens in spite of people then so be it. But by the same token blind adherence to ideology is also bad. So I think if we reframe the debate to just moving forward it is more productive than look at me I am smarter than you."

I can sense that you guys are now blindly adherent to the your denier ideology (of if that term insults you, like some of you sometimes say, then lets call it "there is no problem ideology" aka problem-denier-ideology) and that you are trying to prove you are smarter than me. (Which you might very well be, because I'm no genious, so no need to keep proving 😊)

I think Dannydoyle puts it so nicely. Who cares if anyone here agrees 100%? Some of you don't believe that GW is happening at all, some of you believe that its happening but that humans have no effect to it, some of you believe that it is happening and humans have effect to it but its not a problem at all, some of you believe it is happening and humans cause it and it is little or big or enourmous problem. To quote Dannydoyle, my favourite home philosopher: "who cares - the right thing is the right thing."

After I tried to reframe the debate couple of pages ago I got from rockwall his suggestion:

"Here's a suggestion. Let's euthanize all of China. This will immediately decrease the worlds carbon footprint by about a third, just in regards to CO2 output, not to mention all the food available for other people on the earth. I am sure that this will help the earth to feel better and we will find that this will have a positive impact on the climate. It may sound drastic but I doubt you will find a better way to actually cut down on that much CO2 and think of the alternative where everyone on the earth dies instead of just one country of mostly very poor people. I hope you give this serious consideration and realize that this is probably the absolute best we can do as humans to make our planet happy again."

I think this is very extreme suggestion, considering that rockwall doesn't even think that there is any problem (Unless he counts himself as one of those wracked by guilt). So wheres the logic in that? (Hey rockwall, I might need another logic lesson from you) 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..30..57..84..111..136~137~138~139~140..158..175..192..209..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL