The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impulse - mental / psychic enhancer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10579 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/impulse.php

I'm biased of course, but happy Christopher asked me to help with his latest genius device.

It has a ton of applications for mentalism effects - and you can spin it from psychic / shamanic healer / mentalist / seance spiritualist style effects

Anyway, I know Christopher and I would love to hear about what you come up with - some of my favourite creative geniuses have shared their ideas such as patrick Redford, ran pink, Gerard and more...

So, happy halloween!

Back to more collaborations... Until then I'll be in the shadows....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3936 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Oh I can see a lot of fun to be had with this.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16698 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm kinda upset, cos I've been using and working on presentations like this over the past year, that are using this same base idea...just a different gimmick...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
NEW BOOKTEST - DREAM PSYCHOLOGY | BRUTISHLY STARLIT - READINGS COMPENDIUM
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10579 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Don't worry iain!

Chris can chime in - but this is a unique innovation on a utility item - not limited to any presentation. I am sure your presentation is uniquely your style Smile - although the manual has contributions from some top names - my part really was talking about the psychology of using it and giving a variety of styles and uses going through classic mentalism and bizarre magic tropes. I know you pm'd me about what you are and have been working on - and I don't think the impulse conflicts at all - ts just another device to help you - as mentioned to you via pm and might as well share here - it is rem. c activated - ie IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON YOUR BODY Smile or it can be anyplace on your body besides where you think it might go... Heh, yup, I am sure someone will now think of a joke hee hee

So in short - it's the device with sample presentations from some - but the manual is more a boost your creativity reflective text to get people trying new things. My own personal fav is memory stealing with a touch to a forehead

Look forward to your thoughts if you pick this up Smile

Warmest regards,

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16698 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, will definitely consider this, as it seems a very nice upgrade and far more adaptable! might start putting some pennies aside soon...
NEW BOOKTEST - DREAM PSYCHOLOGY | BRUTISHLY STARLIT - READINGS COMPENDIUM
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
706 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
$20 for shipping?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2937 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Really interesting...
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2247 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 08:27, Woodfield wrote:
$20 for shipping?

I would imagine it includes tracking plus some type of insurance.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2006 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Bruce is being modest when he implies that his contribution to this project is small. I've been playing with this for quite some time, first in my stage work and then in my regular close-up gigs for a couple of specific routines. It was Bruce who really opened my eyes to the full extent of the possibilities of this gadget.

Regarding shipping, Taylor Imagineering is based in Canada. We have one tenth the population and more space than the USA so, shipping costs a bit more.

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Can't wait to get this one sounds great.I am a big fan of all of Christopher's products as I own a few and they are all of top quality.Thank you Christopher for all your contributions to the community.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Is it another kind of ET£¿
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2006 Posts

Carl: Thank you for the very kind words. Smile

Darren: You are correct, I no longer ship without tracking and insurance.

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 13:20, max88 wrote:
Is it another kind of ET£¿

??????????? Sorry?
Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I'm getting this Chris! I think above (ET) electic touch, I could
Be wrong though.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2006 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 13:37, Justin Lewis wrote:
I think above (ET) electic touch, I could
Be wrong though.

Ah, of course. Nope. This is a different principle. Ran Pink called it, "The gentleman's Electric Touch".

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Isper
What are the clothing requirements or restrictions with this?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2006 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 14:05, Isper wrote:
What are the clothing requirements or restrictions with this?

Good question. If you wear the device on your body, it is usually mounted on the forearm, so sleeves must be worn. That said, it's good if the sleeves are folded back a bit to expose some of the lower forearm. I wear a jacket that naturally rides a distance up my forearms whenever I reach out.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1710 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I've gotten to play with different versions of this wonderful little device over the years. I've now had the pleasure of working with two different models including this latest hitting the market. It's a lot of fun. At first I was skeptical but in practice it really enhanced a lot of the material I used it with. I contributed to this project and I really believe very strongly that this can really enhance a piece of mentalism.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I've been enjoying performing with Impulse. It has added an additional layer of mystery to my persona. It can create a strange sensation that some sort of energy comes from inside me or an object I'm holding. Impulse has various uses and can be applied to create some excellent effects as seen in the demos. I agree with Patrick that it can really enhance a piece of Mentalism.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
I ordered this a week ago, and see that it has arrived in the country - so I'll have it next week.

Since ordering my head has been flying with so many applications - it's hard to see any close up routine that won't be enhanced by it; the trick will be to resist overusing it. If it works half as well as it appears to in TI's videos (and being Chris Taylor I'm 100% confident that it will, then this is going to be most universally useful device for casual close up that I've ever bought.

Also interested to see how it flies when used in non-performance situations - everyday business interactions Smile
scottyocean
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of scottyocean
Is it just a Th=mper? Sounds cool but that's a lot of money unless its truly invisible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impulse - mental / psychic enhancer (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL