We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (523 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34..36~37~38 [Next]
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, TH1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, Chad C. wrote:
Just woke up and saw the email from Lebanon. #19 has been ordered! Looks absolutely amazing!

Well there's my issue. I didn't think to look at my email. Going there now.

All is now good in my little world, as the secret passage has been revealed to me...ordered.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2089 Posts

Profile of RCP
Are the ice age coins still available? The link seems to have vanished.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, RCP wrote:
Are the ice age coins still available? The link seems to have vanished.

Here I think:
http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/Dopplegan......201.html
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2611 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
My wallet definitely prefers when Dopps books are offered as a bundle! Purchased together, the first three books came out to 130 GBP each. I know "Shakespeare" is bigger and fancier but the price difference of about $100 was quite the sticker shock. Smile
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1343 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
. . . and yet still nearly $40 less expensive than 'The Shakespeare Experiment' originally retailed for some 5-10 years ago, hmmm?

And that book wasn't even hand bound and hand aged for you.

BC
Phasmologist
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
How odd... I almost have one more than
1007 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I had a feeling. The production values of this one seem incredible. I think it is well worth it -- this looks to be the best so far in every detail! Just so gorgeous--hard to imagine how the Prof accomplishes this. And, it does appear very much like the other Duyck***ck-edited Shakespeares that it is emulating, based on internet searches. (This is the only Dopp that isn't based on a specific *real* book, right?)

(I'm betting the GRIMMS capstone Dopp will be a few pennies more as well!!)

Anyway, cannot WAIT to get my hands on this beauty.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
How odd... I almost have one more than
1007 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
And that limited edition STILL hasn't sold out! Smile

Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, PROF BC wrote:
. . . and yet still nearly $40 less expensive than 'The Shakespeare Experiment' originally retailed for some 5-10 years ago, hmmm?

And that book wasn't even hand bound and hand aged for you.

BC
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1343 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, Seth speaks wrote:
I had a feeling. The production values of this one seem incredible. I think it is well worth it -- this looks to be the best so far in every detail! Just so gorgeous--hard to imagine how the Prof accomplishes this. And, it does appear very much like the other Duyck***ck-edited Shakespeares that it is emulating, based on internet searches. (This is the only Dopp that isn't based on a specific *real* book, right?)

That is absolutely right. This is based on a Fireside edition Complete Works that I own. I could have done a Complete Works Dopps, but it would have been an 8-volume set and I would have it ready in about . . . oh . . . five years. (Don't tempt me!)

Update: thirteen hours since launch and half of the offering has already sold. Guys, thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

BC
Phasmologist
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2611 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:

Let's not reopen old wounds. Smile
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Perfect timing for the British Pound to gain value over the measly dollar today.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1399 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
GPB up or down to US dollars (prefer down.....LoL), cannot pass it up at just about any price Smile Done the PayPal deed on #21 !
Again Thank you Prof for all your dedicated hard work Smile
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of spindoc
#22 is claimed!
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
494 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Very happy to be joining the Doppelgänger club and with one of my favorite authors.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10583 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
horus1
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of horus1
Quote:

Update: thirteen hours since launch and half of the offering has already sold. Guys, thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

BC

Half sold in 13 hours??!! Congratulations!! I think this offering will be short lived.
The book looks incredible. I doubt there are many Dopps owners that will let this one go.....
I'm happy #12 is soon on the way to me!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1508 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I just hate that I didn't check here a few hours earlier - then I could have stayed up till midnight and placed my order after hitting the refresh button over and over and over. It's nice to be on the list that gets the first shot at the future releases - a nice little feature for all of us to get the same numbers and not have to rush and worry about a 24 hours sellout!

I'm so happy they are selling so fast though and congrats again to the good Prof and Dan over at Lebanon. I can't wait to get this...and if I didn't have 3 kids at home I would have just driven the couple of hours and got this thing handed to me in person - one day Prof, one day!

Chad
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
790 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
This gorgeous tome and the great fexibility, variety of routines and extension of the effecf of now four Dopps is worth every pound/dollar!
I set my alarm to get up just after 2:00AM just to be sure my #40 would be posted and on its way asap...cannot wait to develop my full Dopps performance piece now!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1616 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
As we live in a day and age where true craftsmanship is harder and harder to come by - where it is more challenging to find wares produced by people who literally put their love for what they were doing into the actual work that an individual could buy and make a part of their own life - I am so grateful to those craftspeople who often frequent this forum. They are keeping this spirit alive (and in this forum, that can be interpreted with a bit of latitude). If we believe that we get to vote with our dollar (or GBP) ... casting our votes for consciousness over convenience ... then I hope we can all be aware how our votes help to shape this community as it unfolds over time.

Many thanks to Prof BC and the other craftspeople who deeply enrich our own lives in so many ways.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4912 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Perfectly said David.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, MatCult wrote:
I've just been reading Randy Scott's application for the quill case and I am blown away by his thinking. The "Ghost Autograph" exercise could easily stand alone as an evening's entertainment, without the need for Dopps. This is a very special bonus indeed.

Thank you MatCult,
I appreciate your comments.
I hope you have fun with it and hope others enjoy it as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (523 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34..36~37~38 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL