The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37~38~39 [Next]
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
The intricacies & simplicities of these Dopps are incredible aren't they ! 😀
& with this one being for both the older AND younger audience is just awesome !!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Sigh . . . I missed out on Alice. :-(
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
Just picked up my first book - very excited to delve into it!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Looked at Alice tonight. Professor, you have outdone yourself. I haven't even begun delving into the manual additions yet, as I'm just overwhelmed by the object itself. This is by far my favorite Dopps yet. The magic of the story infuses the magic demonstrated by the magician. It's all madness!!! Everything the audience will witness is just pure madness, and can all be explained away as such. A beautiful rabbit hole. This is the perfect story for a Dopps presentation.

This book has weight. It has power. It is as usual aged perfectly...not too much like a found artifact, but more like a carefully preserved relic. As a graphic designer I can't even fathom the amount of old school handwork you must have put into this book, as well as all the others. You must be a very patient man, or very Zen-like in your work methodology.

Bravo BC! You are on stage and I am standing in the balcony, clapping like a madman. Hoping for an encore. And then I see a tiny little door off in a corner...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

A friend of mine let me seehold his copy of Alice and it was very impressive. Not only the look, but the feel of the book was well done. It gives the whole presentation a certain legitimacy. Because of the attention to detail and effort that clearly went into its creation, these types of items are inspiring to me to work hard at being better (if that makes any sense). I wish I hadn't missed my opportunity to get one.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Sigh, mine have had a lovely trip across the states before pausing for a weekend in Miami! They have just climbed onto a plane bound for London! Tracking is wonderful but frustrating as it takes away some of the hope that they are inbound to my house any second strapped to an owl!!
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2017, Bogbadger wrote:
Sigh, mine have had a lovely trip across the states before pausing for a weekend in Miami! They have just climbed onto a plane bound for London! Tracking is wonderful but frustrating as it takes away some of the hope that they are inbound to my house any second strapped to an owl!!

Boy you are not kidding. Mine just arrived back in Miami after spending two days in Oslo, Norway! And I live in Canada.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
So it sounds like Alice is getting a very nice vacation traveling to exotic lands, maybe we can live vicariously thru her, lol

Fair wind & safe harbors dear Alice -
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2017, Delimbeau wrote:
My Alice is in Cologne right now. Interesting detour Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WXm3CS38U

My Alice is quite stubborn. After a couple of days in Germany she stayed at Amsterdam airport for a few days and now she is back in the US! Alice, please come over here to meet your siblings! Luc.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Mine has finally landed in Blighty! Hopefully should be with me soon......now watching the letterbox for signs of movement!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
"Alice" sure gets around. Due to my failure to communicate efficiently, mine was first sold off to another buyer, then Prof BC miraculously got it back from the a kind buyer of my coa #. Then due to my failure to update Prof BC on my move and new address, my Alice went to Phoenix...where I am hoping it is a getting forwarded to Idaho and is hopefully in transit! It appears her postal travels metaphorically reflect the wonderous adventure she spent "Down the Rabbit Hole" and "Through the Looking Glass"!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
She's here! Just 13 days after ordering I came home to find a package waiting for me on the kitchen table. To say that it is beautiful, a work of art or craftmanship of an exceptional quality would be an understatement. It is perfect! My cards should be here any day too so I'm going to go and play now....Thanks again Prof BC.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2017, Winks wrote:
Pardon me, but I find your post, Reese, to be gratuitous and way out of line.
Why? Unwrap that for me
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2017, Delimbeau wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2017, Delimbeau wrote:
My Alice is in Cologne right now. Interesting detour Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WXm3CS38U

My Alice is quite stubborn. After a couple of days in Germany she stayed at Amsterdam airport for a few days and now she is back in the US! Alice, please come over here to meet your siblings! Luc.

After a nearly a week in the US, my Alice is back in The Netherlands, somewhere at an unknown airport. Lets see where she will be heading next.
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Just curious, what type of shipping is used for these books?
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
USPS Priority.
Phasmologist
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Vic, Prof & Dan are absolutely fantasic on they're shipping as long as customer has given correct mailing addy. The problem is after it leaves they're capable hands, the post offices/UPS/FEDEX are the problem with delayed, lost or as Delimbeau is experiencing the infamous travel package syndrome.....
& customes hold ups are a whole other problem -
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
98 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
I think the USPS must detect how excited we are to receive these items and make it their Priority to keep us waiting as long as possible.

Every item I have ordered from Vic has somehow made extra trips around the postal system and we are even in the same State! I have seen items make it to my city and then be redirected to another city and then back again. Or just passed between multiple zip codes within the same city before finally making it to my mailbox. Strange indeed!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
All true, but the fact is Bartleby's and Delimbeau's experiences are easily my personal Weirdest Postal Events since I began posting items. It must have something to do with 'the looking-glass effect'--but one thing is certain: these two books (when they do finally reach their destinations) will certainly be 'the most magical' of the group.

Meantime, Bartleby and Delimbeau, I am holding my breath along with you. Please do keep me informed of your books' progress!

BC
Phasmologist
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hang on in there guys...it's really, really well worth the wait! The communication, packaging, customer service etc was perfect on mine as always with Dan and Prof BC but as others say you really can't predict how delivery companies route their parcels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL