The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39 [Next]
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Good luck in your search Dorian. I'll keep an eye out for you too. I'm still searching for Hound myself so if like buses two turn up at once please keep me in mind.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Sir
Yes. The secondhand market for the first three is pretty aggressive. I think there are many of us in the same hunt. But I do wish you luck!
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I realise that I am at the risk of making my own hunt for HOTB even more difficult with the following!

After a difficult year that limited the time that I could spend doing the fun stuff, I’ve finally had the chance to dust of my copy of M*re Gh*st. As well as reminding myself of the basics I’ve taken the opportunity to delve into the “extras” and tried to put myself in a position where I can start to use it to something approaching it’s full potential. This process has just reiterated to me what an incredible work of art M*re Gh*st and other true Dopps are! These are not mere tricks, they are bomb-proof labours of love that will entertain, intrigue and just plain scare people for years to come.

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, Prof B.C you are a genius, thank you!

Right next it’s time to dust off Alice, then the Faery Shilling, then Confundamus....................
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I have been thinking of selling my books to Hocus-Pocus for store credit. I believe I have seven of Prof. BC's books. I just have to get around to checking with Paul Gross on an agreed upon price. I've never used my books and hate to see them not being used.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, algebraic wrote:
I have been thinking of selling my books to Hocus-Pocus for store credit. I believe I have seven of Prof. BC's books. I just have to get around to checking with Paul Gross on an agreed upon price. I've never used my books and hate to see them not being used.

Now, why would you do that? You will get much more selling it here.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, algebraic wrote:

I'm sure that you would find a kind and loving home for them via the Dopps forum! but you will still occasionally hear them calling out to you in the darkest hours of the night!

If you have hotb and consider selling seperately please do get in touch.
websmith2000
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of websmith2000
If anyone is willing to part with Alice, please let me know. I must have been sleeping to have missed this release. The earlier books are quite sad.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I have sent Prof. BC a PM to see if he would be so kind as to email the instructions of his Doppleganger books to those who purchase my books. I wish to sell my copies here on the Magic Café. I will be on vacation through the rest of this month and most of August. When September rolls around I would like to begin selling.
-The Hound of the Baskervilles COA 80 of 100
-A Christmas Carol COA 31 of 125
-Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde COA 80 of 100
-The Best Tales of Edgar Allan Poe COA 80 of 100
-The Phantom of the Opera COA 57 of 100
-Shakespeare COA 31 of 125
-Ghost Stories of an Antiquary no COA
*glass ambrotype (2)
*glass ambrotype bookmarker (1)

Sincerely,

Joel Pelletier
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I suspect right about now, there are a lot of collectors and practitioners drooling, and looking around the house for what they can sell to make some extra cash.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
Like a kidney. I don't really need two kidneys, do I?
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I forgot to add I will only ship to the continental U.S. for my Doppleganger books. I will need to decide on pricing sometime in August. I start one vacation tomorrow. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Joel Pelletier
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Does anyone know if there are ever to be more Dopps produced or was Alice the last one?
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi BizarreRich. If you read carefully through this thread Rich you will spot hints of the next potential members of the Dopps family. One is thought to complete the series dedicated to the fair folk whilst the next is expected to be particularly Grim and devious!

When the good Prof informs his devout followers on the Dopps forum that he will be travelling to the ancient monastery in Tibet that he resides in whilst creating his next masterpiece we begin sending him Jaffa Cakes, Oreos, crumpets and Vimto to provide him sustenance during his long self imposed exile. This has not happened yet.

We also all take it in turns to chant a very ancient secret mantra during the entire process at the small Prof BC shrines we each have secreted in our lofts (attic) garages or garden sheds and where we regularly pay thanks to Mark Hamill for being just a little bit better at the audition (but only a little bit)

When the holy one known only as Dan of Lebanon announces that he has travelled to the monastery to receive the next holy text the chanting stops and loud ululations begin, some of which may be translated as "Oh no, the next holy text has arrived and I doth not have the necessary readies to be able to purchase said text..Oh s*d it what am I going to do, I know there's that money I put aside for the wife's birthday present I'll just get her a packet of Hula Hoops and some Babycham again this year it will be fine" or "da*n it I'm sure that noise that the car makes whenever I break sharply is no real cause for concern and I can put off getting it repaired for another six months"

And shortly after there will be jubilation, memorisation and cries of huzzah!

Hope that clarifies it for you Rich Smile

You might also want to get up to 50 posts and then keep an eye out inside the crypt.

Regards

Brother Bogbadger

Ther will always be more Dopps. Even whe
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Alternatively the good Prof BC might have finally got fed up with the immense stresses and hard work involved with the creation, production and distribution of his wonderful intricate works of art and decided instead to retire and dedicate his life to prayer, meditation and doing good deeds instead..

..let's hope not eh?!
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Well that's great news Bogbadger. I was worried that the process might be more complicated than what you have suggested. I had overheard a few whispered remarks about Dopps whilst walking down the long dark hallways of our local S*cret S*ciety. It had been hard to understand all that was being said but there had been talk of the travels to the subcontinent to obtain these tomes. There had also been mention of a monk, a monkey, a pig and a sea monster. Whether these were mere nicknames of fellow Magi or actual descriptions of something much darker was not clear. The real ordeal for most though is supposed only to begin once this group has reached the subcontinent and begun to distribute said tomes. This is when the struggle between the Magi begins. Though it is told that the years of training and self denial that are required to compete may be arduous the rewards are truly transcendent.
Luckily I know Dan of Lebanon and I am able to stay in contact with him via a rather intricate system of carrier pigeons. Oh no! I think I may already have said too much. Thanks greatly for your response to my question but I most go now someone is knocking on my door.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Distribution isn’t complicated, usually Royal Mail Parcelforce or another standard carrier! No need to make these things complicated is there!
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
There are a couple of Dopps volumes on the Roni Shachnaey auction for those who may be looking for them...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks ManxBull I'm going to put a bid in for these.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Can anyone tell me if there is a plan to release any other books?

Best,
Matthew
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Matthew,

Hopefully! See my posts above. No Jaffa Cakes, Oreos, crumpets or Vimto have been required as yet!

We wait patiently.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL