The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..37~38~39 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 21:45, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I stopped by to check out the Poe exhibit at the Morgan Library today:
http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/exhibition.asp?id=82

Especially noteworthy was a section of the exhibit devoted to authors influenced by Poe. There sat an original "Jekyll & Hyde" manuscript from 1885 sitting right next to an original manuscript of "The Hound of the Baskervilles!" Smile

Photography was prohibited, otherwise I would have snapped some pics.

Thank you for pointing this out to me!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Photography was prohibited? That stopped you? Tut tut... And you call yourself a magician Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Any chance of a list of overseas orders that have been sent out? We non-North American types are getting a little jealous.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 06:22, Roslyn wrote:
Photography was prohibited? That stopped you? Tut tut... And you call yourself a magician Smile

I reserve snapping unauthorized pics in a museum for when I'm helping Derren Brown steal paintings. Smile
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

The following link will bring you to a page that shows some of the artifacts on exhibit, including the Hyde and Hound manuscripts:

http://kimberlyevemusings.blogspot.com/2......bit.html
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Nothing useful to add here, because if you've bought anything from ProfBC, then you don't need me to tell you how brilliant this is. I think if I had been creating these, I would've ended up in that famous asylum, so my hat is off to the Prof! Books arrived safely here, and I almost didn't want to undo the perfect wrapping job. Looking forward to freaking a few people out with the full effect, but will be making use of the Poe Seance material first.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 23:20, Brynmore14 wrote:
Any chance of a list of overseas orders that have been sent out? We non-North American types are getting a little jealous.

Don't get TOO jealous; mine was ordered the first day of launch, sent out via Priority 2-Day service, and still hasn't arrived. Tracking shows that it has stayed up to 5 days in several sorting facilities. My strong suspicion is that there is an underground cabal of bizarrist postal workers who are opening my package up for use in some evening seance engagements, and then packing it back up to ship to their colleagues at the next location to use in their performances... and they are probably lurking on this very thread. (Give me my Dopps, d@mn you!!)
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
At least they're giving it a more used look for you.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Heh, this is true! Smile It actually arrived this evening, so I am now quite giddy with happiness. Looking forward to opening the box after everyone's in bed!!

Seth
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Mine arrived yesterday. The books are indeed beautifully done. I have just ventured past page 30. What a tremendous job. Can't wait to finish.
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
I have not had Doppeleganger very long at all, but a couple of knowledgeable mentalists were visiting last night. I hadn’t planned on performing it because I did not think I was ready, but I did end up performing it for the first time and it killed. One well versed mentalist commented “better than the Mother of All Book Tests.” I agree. It is both the easiest and most powerful performance a mystery entertainer can offer with books, and just beautiful!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 10:09, Jim Magus wrote:
I have not had Doppeleganger very long at all, but a couple of knowledgeable mentalists were visiting last night. I hadn’t planned on performing it because I did not think I was ready, but I did end up performing it for the first time and it killed. One well versed mentalist commented “better than the Mother of All Book Tests.” I agree. It is both the easiest and most powerful performance a mystery entertainer can offer with books, and just beautiful!

There ya go Professor!
A great review from Jim Magus should swell any head to the size of a large barn!
Congrats Sir!
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Ageed! 10x!
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Well last night was my first performance of Dopps. I started out with a book at midnight to get everyone in sync and moved on the Dopps using the professionally recorded script of Automatic Writing. It of course went perfectly. The sitters all enjoyed it very much, and so did I. It was really nice sitting back and watching the evening play out. The script turned out great, and the sitters loved the story and the voice of Mr. A.V.

Dopps is an amazing effect. BC is created a multi-hit self working booktest. What a feat!
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Quote:

Dopps is an amazing effect. BC is created a multi-hit self working booktest. What a feat!

Yes, a self-working booktest. How do you beat that?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Don't forget to vote for Dopps on the Trick of the Year thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=109&229

We Dopps owners make up a pool of less than 100 people, so every vote counts!

And don't forget to sign up on the Dopps Forum:
DoppsForum.proboards.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Yes, please do sign up on the Dopps forum. A lot of good ideas are already being generated there about the current Dopps performances as well as suggestions for future titles (and news of Dopps-related interest). Heartfelt thanks to TH1 for all the work in setting up and running the forum (and for having the idea in the first place).

Vic, wonderful news. So glad you enjoyed the AW script and had such a successful performance with it (that you could also enjoy yourself).

BTW, public service announcement, we have 8 sets of Doppelganger left, and a very few (between one and four copies of) individual titles (from broken sets). What can I say? Nearly sold out in what? six weeks? I thought GH*ST set the unbeatable record at 16 months. Thank you so very sincerely.

Professor BC
Phasmologist
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's incredible, but certainly not surprising. Congratulations Professor!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
News (all good) about the next Dopps on the Dopps forum under 'The Next Doppelgänger'.

BC
Phasmologist
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Like a kid at Christmas and that's no joke. I'm giggly over here.

Thank you, Prof BC!
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL