The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..37~38~39 [Next]
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Oh no, no, no, no... Just when I've been spent this summer's "Magic" budget - And today I get Lebanon Circle's newsletter - Now is my time to get mad:
Reason 1) Suddenly there is way to join doppelgänger - family.
Reason 2) It's all about Alice - Those two books have been my absolute favorits and guides trought even hard times over 40 years in my life (not kidding, I'm 49 and soon there will be half decades curse).
Reason 3) I'm broke and still waiting an expensive props I orderd and paid over six weeks ago Smile
...So Cheshire Cat and Hatter; Here I come!
...Now tell me all about your pain
Down to the detail...
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I’d like to pipe up for a moment to say that the Alice Double-Dopps is absolutely incredible. I believe it is, without a doubt, the finest edition in the Doppelgänger series.

PROF, with all the kindness of the White Knight, sent me my copy of his own invention a bit early -- while I was in the final moments of my chess match with The Looking-Glass Tarot!

If you know me, you know that I am a dedicated member of the Dopps Library. I have been taken with each book in the series. I’ve been challenged and inspired by every one of them. And until now I was claiming Shakespeare as the crown jewel. No longer.

Alice. Is. Exquisite. The feel of the cover, the production of the artwork, the aging process… all of it, without compare in the series.

Then you open up the new performance manual and it is a bit like shrinking in the garden until the flowers are towering over your head. There is SO MUCH MORE that you can do with this edition, that it practically deserves another title and category. Two-Books-in-One, vivid remote viewing, and a veritable rabbit warren of new possible hits and combinations. It’s staggering.

I am particularly grateful for the ‘child-friendly’ hits and story options. Enchantment is wilting, my friends. I think it’s one of our duties to cultivate story and magic, and share the gift with the next generation of bizarrists. PROF BC’s Realm-of-Faerie just received it’s Queen.

This is the one, Spookies. This is the one.

Perks
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just ordered ordered my Alice & the Cheshire deck ! Downloaded pdf's, tumbling down my rabbit hole ( man's cave ) to consume they're awesomness ! Hopefully next month can get the full color deck as look beautiful !
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
One pill makes you larger
and one pill makes you small.
And the one's that mother gives you
don't do anything at all.

Go ask Alice. . .when she's ten feet tall. . . . . .

Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head

Isn't that what we're all doing?
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII
Order of the Hexidic
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Just a quick update for those on the fence-

Doppelgänger is over 50% sold in the first 3 hours and all 3 types of the Tarot decks are approaching 50% sold, remember these will never be produced again.

This is probably the fastest seller yet! Thank you all for making it a success!

Darkly

Dan
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
The thanks goes to you, Prof, Perkins & all the other involved in these wonderful & unique artifacts you guys create & share with us !!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Still workin on the cash. Might not make it, though Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.

Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat: we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
Still workin on the cash. Might not make it, though Smile

Me, too...gotta have this but no freed dough til end of month, so may have to adjust my eBay sale on now of Casdidy's Art of Mentalism, 1984 2nd edition WITH RARE original DUST COVER...!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I broke down and asked the wife. She said, Oh, you want Alice? Why didn't you say so, go right ahead. Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
For first time purchasers of Dopps, if you are interested in joining the DoppsForum, please review the registration instructions in the Crypt. The Librarian is very particular about prospective members following this process.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
25 copies left....
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Man, I'm drooling over this set . . . too bad I don't have the funds right now.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Don't freak or despair. How many book-tests do you need? Unless you're a collector...
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Dan,

How many copies of each tarot deck are left?
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
After moving to Tenerife I've been finding it impossible to connect with audiences using my bizarre collection so I am bowing out of the dopps family and will not be ordering the latest addition to the family... I wish everyone success in the future...

If I am to relinquish my collection (6 dopps) can anyone remember the original prices and what the going rate should be?
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I notified the dopps forum of your set being up for sale. Assuming you have a complete set with the additional items included I would ask $3500.00 If you are in a hurry to sell plan on less.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Sir
From a purely utilitarian perspective, Reese makes a legitimate point; in the right hands, any single one of Prof BC's books is capable of incredible feats of bizarre magic. That being said, I think most Dopps owners do not hold a purely utilitarian perspective with regard to their books. I for example, view the acquisition of each new volume as the addition of a functional work of art. BC's creative skills and efforts are identical to those of other great artists and consequently, his creations are highly sought after. I enjoy supporting this type of creativity, just as others enjoy collecting beautiful paintings. Unlike other great artists, however, I can have my guests select his works of art from my shelf and at random and then proceed to totally blow thier minds with it.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Ordered and got one set of each version of the Oracles! I've never seen the velocity of sales for this type of item until now. This goes to show Prof BC's reputation for his creations are among the highest regarded. Yet he displays none of the hubris that some others do and is one of the most approachable persons that I've met.

Well done, sir.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, Seance wrote:
Ordered and got one set of each version of the Oracles! I've never seen the velocity of sales for this type of item until now. This goes to show Prof BC's reputation for his creations are among the highest regarded. Yet he displays none of the hubris that some others do and is one of the most approachable persons that I've met.

Well done, sir.

While I totally agree that Prof BC's reputation for his creations ARE among the highest regarded, the oracles are the brainchild of Perkins (with Dan's coloring handiwork on the Queen Alice deck). Nonetheless, purchasing one of each of the three oracle decks is sure to be a great treat for you!

All the best,

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL