The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible deck problem: Works TOO good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
They certainly do work too good ... I can't find mine ... sorry guys
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2017, daffydoug wrote:
Is there a "special something" that makes it work so well?

Well. It has to do with where the special is that makes everything work easier for the magician😉
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Clear as mud.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Regarding the OP's issue of the cards not separating, I have had the same issue with different decks many times.

I would mention (as someone else did) that dry hands can be an issue. I've been performing magic (including ID) for over 20 years, and more recently I have had issues with dry hands and it certainly affects my card handling. Lack of friction with the cards at the finger tips can cause many issues, not just with the ID. I've mostly resolved it with proper hand care and sometimes a quick lick of the fingers as mentioned before makes it a sure fire thing. If you think it might be an issue, there are a lot of threads on dry hands here in the Café.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Mine sat for too long also, and both my red & blue decks are GLUED together practically. I just bit the bullet, bought a Roughing Stick and the decks and made 2 new ones. Highly recommend Robson's Roughing stick. Apply just where needed... cards stick but separate at will.
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
Great info here guys. I bought my ID a couple of months ago, and had a quick try out the day it arrived. I just couldn't get the sodding things to separate! At first I thought it was because my fingers are to short [I have relatively small hands] but then I tried the old finger lickn' approach and I had some success. Which brings me to my next point: Is there any kind of device on the market that one could wear about one's person that is capable of delivering a small amount of moisture to one's finger tips just by merely touching it. I'm thinking something like moistened pad in the guise of some sort of adornment like a bracelet, or something of the sort. Surely there is another way other than the use of saliva. I've watched Peter Nardi licking his middle finger in preperation for 'The move' during some of his performances of the 'Grail' and as effective as that is, I feel sorry for the spectator who is then handed the deck in order that they may start dealing cards down on to the table ... he/she will more than likely come into contact with Peters saliva at some point. It wouldn't bother me at all, but I bet some wouldn't like the idea if they knew. So surely there must be a better solution to this.

Will.
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2014, 2thepoint wrote:
I'm in total agreement with ANTHONYJD that the MIMESIS Fluid Invisible Deck is the best. Mr. Evans also makes the other types of FLUID decks. The issue with the cards not separating are solved with the Mimesis decks.

Here's the link:
http://www.mimesis-magic.com/mimesis_deck_effects.html

IMHO, Mr. Evans also writes some of the most unique books in magic:
http://www.mimesis-magic.com/mimesis_books.html

The SELF-CONTAINED CARD DELIVERY SYSTEM, made me into a Mene-Tekel fan.

I have super dry hands. "A Better Invisible Deck" truly is awesome.
He even provides a quick video link to show how to use it. Most won't need that, but it's cool to watch if you've never used ID.
He also has written instructions online, with numerous tips and ideas on using it. Not routines but great tips.

Highly recommended this deck. And the cost is very reasonable.

Wanted to bring this up, since I found it very helpful.

Enjoy!
Respectfully
Keep The Magic Going!
Mike Newman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible deck problem: Works TOO good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL