The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Imagination Coins (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Axman wrote:
Barts185
its unedited, he does it very well but its real.

Thanks.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Garrett, an excellent magician, but when I saw people say that the routine was easy (although there has been some dissent), nothing about that looked like it would be easy to me.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, barts185 wrote:

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Garrett, an excellent magician, but when I saw people say that the routine was easy (although there has been some dissent), nothing about that looked like it would be easy to me.

Well, "easy" is a subjective thing as I'm sure you know.

If you are new to coin magic I don't think mastering that vanish will be easy. Very doable over time, but not something you're going to run out and perform the next day.
Garrett definitely makes it look easy.

Technically, it's not all that difficult to do. But to do it as quickly and cleanly as Garrett does WILL take a fair amount of work if you are new to the move.
I find it difficult to do quickly and smoothly with very little finger movement and no "tells". Also takes work to get it looking good from all angles.

Of course there will always be folks saying they mastered it very quickly, but some people just take to certain sleights easier than others and then there are those that are just fooling themselves into thinking they have mastered it.

It really is a wonderful vanish that once mastered you could apply to a myriad of routines, even just a simple impromptu coin vanish.
I think it is well worth the time and effort to learn because you will likely get a ton of use out of it.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Hey everyone, just a question to those who own this. I live in canada and understand that the gimmick is U.S/U.K version. Is there anyway after I buy the DVD (and find out what I need) that I would be able to buy a canadian gimmick? Or is this a one off special piece that you can only get with the DVD.

Thanks
Twitter @darjames
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Hi jamie, PM me
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2014, Jamie D wrote:
Hey everyone, just a question to those who own this. I live in canada and understand that the gimmick is U.S/U.K version. Is there anyway after I buy the DVD (and find out what I need) that I would be able to buy a canadian gimmick? Or is this a one off special piece that you can only get with the DVD.

Thanks

Roy Kuepeers has the Canadian gimmicks.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I'm so glad I got this! I love the little purse that comes with Smile

The best money spent for a coin routine!

Thank you Garret and Kozmo!
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Tried this out for the first time this weekend, went really well. A couple of times people noticed the coins in their hand before I was ready to, but still worked out ok.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas is in the credits for "World's Greatest Magic- E******d ****l." I've seen this dvd for as little as $10. While I own neither effect, I do own a lot of gaffed coins. My question is, is there enough difference in content to justify the difference in price if I already have the necessary coin? The WGM dvd presumably contains a larger array of effects, including the one released independently here. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Am I missing some sort of amazing content and phenomenally machined coin?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well in addition to a lot of information that's NOT on the worlds greatest involving imagination coins, theres the other effects and a very well made gimmick that would cost $25 anywhere.....not the same.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2014, Robvs wrote:
Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas is in the credits for "World's Greatest Magic- E******d ****l." I've seen this dvd for as little as $10. While I own neither effect, I do own a lot of gaffed coins. My question is, is there enough difference in content to justify the difference in price if I already have the necessary coin? The WGM dvd presumably contains a larger array of effects, including the one released independently here. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Am I missing some sort of amazing content and phenomenally machined coin?

The WGM dvd will be sufficient to learn the routine, especially if you already own a ]

I really don't know why it was released as a one trick dvd.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I totally disagree with this...with all due respect....
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I think it's a great trick. How many here wouldn't even have heard ofit if it wasn't released separately?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This deserves the hot spot!

Kozmo CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for releasing it Smile
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I'll be doing a comparison. I can say that I have already taken a look at the included coin and it is definitely nice. Not "amazing," but nice. I'd say it's a notch or two better than the one by Tango. I'd elaborate, but don't want to really say what the item is.

It is, however, weird to market something by itself after it has been released in a compilation dvd. Especially as "available here for the first time ever." Is that just a play on words? "Available HERE for the first time ever" instead of "Available for the first time ever?" But I don't know that that is true either. In all fairness, I'll view both and report back.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 16, 2014, Robvs wrote:
I'll be doing a comparison. I can say that I have already taken a look at the included coin and it is definitely nice. Not "amazing," but nice. I'd say it's a notch or two better than the one by Tango. I'd elaborate, but don't want to really say what the item is.

It is, however, weird to market something by itself after it has been released in a compilation dvd. Especially as "available here for the first time ever." Is that just a play on words? "Available HERE for the first time ever" instead of "Available for the first time ever?" But I don't know that that is true either. In all fairness, I'll view both and report back.

I too am puzzled that the packaging states that it's new. I learnt this off Garrett's DVD set released years ago. I guess it's an attempt to cash in following the success of stand-up Monte (that was actually a copy of Keith Bennett's kickback monte trick).
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
If this product is the same which its not. Then because its been released it shouldnt be released anywhere else? The artist doesn't have the right to sell his product anyway that he can?

As much as I dislike Jay Sankey he rehashes the same old stuff over and over BUT he has that right to maximize the profit he makes on a creation. its simply called marketing.

Again I say this with no malice and with all due respect. I like Jamie but diagree with his assessment on this project. However I agree with everything else he says when he agrees with me Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 16, 2014, Kozmo wrote:
If this product is the same which its not. Then because its been released it shouldnt be released anywhere else? The artist doesn't have the right to sell his product anyway that he can?

As much as I dislike Jay Sankey he rehashes the same old stuff over and over BUT he has that right to maximize the profit he makes on a creation. its simply called marketing.

Again I say this with no malice and with all due respect. I like Jamie but diagree with his assessment on this project. However I agree with everything else he says when he agrees with me Smile

I agree that you disagree with me. Does that mean we are in agreement? Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I think so Smile
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
One of the differences at my end, since I already own the original routine, is the quality of the gimmick. A high quality item would be worth the price all on its own. Interested in hearing about this aspect.
Dondestan
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Dondestan
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2014, writeall wrote:
A high quality item would be worth the price all on its own. Interested in hearing about this aspect.

Seriously, I don't think the quality can be beat. I can't imagine (no pun intended) any way it could be better.

As good as the gimmick is, the main value is in Garrett's thorough and well thought out instructions. He not only covers how to do each move in great detail, he explains why you do the moves.

Kenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Imagination Coins (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL