The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombira by Jimmy Fingers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1163 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi everyone, the video of my act at the Grand Canyon that Todd is referring to is not actually the Zombira, but, rather, just a Zombie ball finale. I put Zombira for promotional purposes, and the moves shown could be integrated with the Zombira routine.

I've been doing the moves with the Zombie in the video WAY before Raymond came onto the scene, preceding Raymond's lectures of it by decades. But, make no mistake, Raymond's work is REALLY substantial and his work is some of the most inspiring that I've seen, absolutely one of my favorite performers.

I would recommend having a traditional Zombie ball set to have, just in case the situation doesn't lend itself to the Zombira constraints. I carry both in protective cardboard boxes.

Unfortunately, the Zombira routine ended up without being able to have more moves added. The ultimate brainstorming with Jeff McBride resulted in the realization that less is more with this effect. The attempts at adding other moves caused lighting flashes that were the result of an arc that was being rotated, and the arc caused a reflection of light at an exact point for different people at different times throughout the rotation.

Jeff and I really hammered away at this for quite a while, and we were both surprised at how well the initial taught moves covered the spectrum of possibility.

Jeff actually is encouraging me to research more lightweight balls and an correspondingly more invisible gimmick. I don't think that the behavior of the ball with that setup would be as entrancing as the current setup, but I'm sure that anything is possible.

Thanks for all of your interest in the effect!

Jimmy
www.jimmyfingers.com
www.magellanlevitation.com
www.magellanlevitation.com/zombira
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
445 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2014, magic4545 wrote:

This may be the best thing that I've ever come up with, I'm very happy with it.

Jimmy

You have come up with TWO of the world's best levitation effects! Magellan and Zombira! I have bought the Magellan and it's awaiting customs check in my country. I can't wait for it. And I might just be placing an order for the Zombira next!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1163 Posts

Profile of magic4545
There is a resurgence in the popularity of the Zombira effect, and I'm even adding to the end of my regular Zombie routine in my 80-minute show. It's a real crowd pleaser, and the reaction to it is only surpassed by the Magellan levitation and my mentalism piece, Inconceivable.

Jimmy
www.jimmyfingers.com/products
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2015, magic4545 wrote:
Jeff actually is encouraging me to research more lightweight balls and an correspondingly more invisible gimmick.

Jimmy -

I purchased Zombira from you a few years ago and I had the exact same thought when I was first working with it: find a lighter weight ball which would allow for a less visible you-know-what. Are you making them now with a lighter weight ball ?

I had wondered about using FAB magic's zombie ball , which is described as weighing only 3 ounces. https://fabmagic.com/products/dream-zombie-fab , but haven't tried it. Honestly, I never followed through because I went back to using Bill Abbott's "The Thing" or else a classical-style floating sphere with foulard (with modified Tommy Wonder gimmick) .
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21131 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Zombira is dependent on the weight of the ball, so if you go to a to much lighter ball, the effect is somewhat lost.

Any Zombie effect is solely dependent on the acting ability of the performer. The prop is only that a prop to use. Zombie can be done with light bulbs, candles, and other props. It all depends on the performer, his acting, and his routine to get it over to the audience, and make them believe.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1163 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I'm using Zombira for street performing at dusk, and it's absolutely crushing it! One of my most powerful pieces in my comprehensive arsenal. Would love to give this a shot on Fool Us, but it seems that they're not interested in any of my creations being done by me on the show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombira by Jimmy Fingers (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL