The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Large ring and rope suggestions? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I have Aldo Colombini's Ringing Around 2 and Still Ringing but was wondering if you know of any other routines that are specific to larger rings.

Or if some of the moves for smaller ring routines will translate over.

Just thought I'd share: I switched out the large plastic bangle and colored rope that comes with the effects and use a solid 5" linking ring and plain white soft rope. I seem to be getting much better reactions using these more plain/normal looking props. I've also changed a couple of the moves in ways that I think make them look more magical and have taken moves from each routine to make my own 7 phase routine.

Just seeing if you know of any more.

Thanks!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
tomollason
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tomollason
Have you seen Giovanni Livera's Rope, Nut, Knot? Nice routine and the nut is a normal looking prop.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Have to agree with Tom...the rope nut knot DVD is awesome..all normal props and great misdirection built right into the routine!
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
http://www.tricksupply.com/product-p/10.595.htm

Willi Wessel's ring and rope routine. Got a couple really sneaky moves.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I like Ring Escape by Fantasma and Magick Balay
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMM1ha4nrDs
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
David Williamson's Ring and Rope is a classic for a reason. Daryl also has excellent work on the ring and rope.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I don't own the ring, nut, and knot, but I didn't like the look of it.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks for the suggestions Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Ring Nut knot. Is not the sort of effect that mixes with other ring string routines. I am sort of surprised a how good the responses I am gettng with it.
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Jeff McBride has one on his "McBride On Stage" DVD
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I have gone through exactly the same thing you are talking about, Theodore. I, too, rearranged some of Aldo's moves and swapped the bright ropes & rings for more common versions...I use a 3 inch stainless steel ring and my favorite (off-white) rope. I met Aldo & Rachel last month at a local lecture and purchased his Rope Melange and Ring & Rope dvds, both of which also have some nice moves, including several specifically for smaller, heavier rings.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks again guys.

I also was looking at the World's Greatest Magic ring and rope DVD today; I didn't know that they had one.

I'll look into your suggestions. Much appreciated.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I bought a lovely clear 9" Acrylic ring which I use for ring and rope, I cant remember where I bought it, it was somewhere in usa, Does anyone use something like this lightweight plastic ring,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Large ring and rope suggestions? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL