The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..15~16~17 [Next]
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
That is correct.

I don't understand how anybody can do any business with him when he obviously has a criminal mind, and has fooled so many in our community. This is 100% theft in my eyes.
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
The problem also rests with the purveyors of his material. I've had contact with several of them and they are without a doubt righteous individuals. I'm sure they are very aware of this situation, however because of their close relationship with Marc Elsdon they remain silent. Knowing that he has scammed 100 of his supporters (and theirs as well), are they not complicit by distributing his wares and not using their influence to rectify this? If the distributors of magic/mentalism products want the support of the magic community by not buying illegitimate copies of creators goods whether physical or electronic, shouldn't they also expect the same courtesy from the creators to make good on what they are being paid for? They would have to be part of the equation to remedy this. I think it has come time to contact these distributors (and we all know who they are) and ask them to use their influence. In addition, Marc Elsdon if and when he finishes this book, should show his "appreciation" for everyone's patience and throw in a nice "gift" as an apology for not delivering as promised (and not with some cheap way out by delivering an e-book which costs nothing).
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Interesting enough, I sat with Mark and joined him for a few beers over the Blackpool convention. Mark as we alll know is one of the most creative guys in the business and along with this has several HUGE flaws un his operation business wise.

Since I have dealt with him personally on a business level and since a few close friends had also invested in this project I sat down to speak with him about it. Quite rightly he holds his hands up and is FULLY aware of the situation and just how badly he has let people down...but that tou already know...

The reason for me chiming in is that I hoped to bring you guys some closure to this. Now although Mark is a friend I will agree wholeheartedly (and he agrees) that he has handled this situation very badly he is not an evil person. He is simply a VERY poor business man. That said I can bring some positivity to this thread.

Mark tells me that pdfs are almost ready to send out to those that have invested already and the physical book will be following as sion as printed. The material he shared with me showed genuine promise and so whilst I can’t excuse the delay I can indicate that the end of the wait is VERY near!

I also hope and truly believe that Mark has learned a harsh lesson here and hope it helps to improve his organisation over the equivoke book which I am very excited about.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Well, he told me about the pdf’s a couple of years ago, and said the pdf would be out in two weeks time. Here we are two years later. But since this is coming from you Michael my hopes are a little higher. Thanks for the info.
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
I agree, Michael Murray is a straight shooter. I've purchased several items from Michael and he has always been candid and honest. I know because I'm exchanged emails with him a couple of days ago and his honesty is above reproach. If he says this will be taken care of, rest assured it will be.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
I feel sorry for you Michael that you feel the need to chim in, it shows that you are a stand up guy.
As long as the Yakuza hasn’t taken any of Mark’s fingers I think he is perfectly capable of using his keyboard, either to post a message here or send an email to the people who he has taken money from.

Mark couldn’t wish for a better friend then you.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
No problem at all, as I say, I can’t blame anyone for their frustrations, I would be livid too. But If I can be in a position where I can give Mark a prod up the backside and help in some small way to bring closure to this for my friends on here then it is a job worth doing.

I will be speaking with Mark regularly over the next couple of days and hope that I can bring you even better news in this period!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Still no news from Mark. He could at least give us another update.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
Still no news from Mark. He could at least give us another update.

Alas, his updates don't seem to be worth much.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Perhaps when he finally sends the book, he can wrap it up in a purple ribbon.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, celebrity wrote:
No problem at all, as I say, I can’t blame anyone for their frustrations, I would be livid too. But If I can be in a position where I can give Mark a prod up the backside and help in some small way to bring closure to this for my friends on here then it is a job worth doing.

I will be speaking with Mark regularly over the next couple of days and hope that I can bring you even better news in this period!

Best Wishes Michael

It look like he might have fooled his friend Michael also. A couple of days has now become 10 days and no update..😞
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Just messaged him again tonight and will let you know when he replies!

Best Wishes Michael

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of celebrity
“Off over the weekend then back writing on Monday. I am 100% certain that it will be finished next week.“

Will give him another nudge on Tuesday to see what is happening!

Best Wishes Michael

TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Can't begrudge him the weekend off. He's been writing for six years. Everyone needs a break!!
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Smile
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Last year, one of the promised dates was October 13, which actually was a Friday 13th.
I don't know if Mark chose that on purpose, and if not, if it somewhat affected the outcome.
As I am nowhere near being superstitious:

Next Friday 13th will be this April. A month from now.

I hope we all can wish for that being a decent target.
bodin
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of bodin
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2018, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Last year, one of the promised dates was October 13, which actually was a Friday 13th.

Actually, as I understand it, it was deliberate. I had a couple of Guinness with him in Dublin just weeks before.
At the time all I could do was to express my happiness over the fact that the project now was finished.

On the positive side: I now have new celebrations to look forward to when it eventually is released!
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I always thought of Mark Elsdon as one of the good guys. But he has announced multiple times that the book was done. He even sent it to the printer. And now he is still writing?
Mark, I know you are reading this. If the book is ready soon, you can keep my money but at least have the courtesy of replying to me on Facebook Messenger. Or do you only know how to find me when you have products to plug?
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Blimey! Never noticed this thread before. This is truly scandalous!
Here's my, almost certainly worthless, thoughts on the subject.
If I had in my head material to be published in a book then it shouldn't take more than a few months, plus editing and proof reading, to get it on to paper. Tbe fact this book has never materialised makes me think that not only has it never been written but Mark has no idea what to put into it. Chances are he'll come up with something eventually but there seems to be a good chance these will be ideas that have come from desperation as opposed to brilliant inspiration. No audience testing just half baked ideas to prevent a public lynching.
Just say NO to pre orders.
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Unfortunately the problem seems to be the same with other later release Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL