The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..34~35~36~37~38..45~46~47 [Next]
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'm just curious, how much did this end up costing?
Reality is a real killjoy.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Quote:
I'm not sure how Atlas would feel about that since he did do some vetting when he sold it and this would negate that process.

I cleared the process, but got too late. The book is already sold out.

I have permission from Atlas to buy the book from anyone who feels that its not for him. You can contact Atlas to confirm.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure how Atlas would feel about that since he did do some vetting when he sold it and this would negate that process.

I cleared the process, but got too late. The book is already sold out.

I have permission from Atlas to buy the book from anyone who feels that its not for him. You can contact Atlas to confirm.

Well, that's great. Best of luck getting a copy.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks Sir! Smile
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Atlas has added many new TT owners to the forum over the past 24 owners.

So by now, everyone who has a copy of the book should have received a "welcome" email containing your username and password.

Check your "junk mail" and "spam" folders if you don't see it in your "In Box"

You must click on the link in that email to activate your forum account.

We now have 170 Posts in 30 Topics by 130 Members, so the forum is rocking.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
Atlas has added many new TT owners to the forum over the past 24 owners.

So by now, everyone who has a copy of the book should have received a "welcome" email containing your username and password.

Check your "junk mail" and "spam" folders if you don't see it in your "In Box"

You must click on the link in that email to activate your forum account.

We now have 170 Posts in 30 Topics by 130 Members, so the forum is rocking.

I got mine! Thank you very much for all your hard work Steve. It's much appreciated.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Judging from previous posts, Train Tracking clearly goes over well with mentalists. There are effects which go over well with mentalists but which may not impress a lay audience as much (In the same way aspects of a a virtuoso musical performance may impress a fellow musician but may fly over the head of Joe Public).

I don't own Train Tracking so I ask those who do: How do you think it will go over with a general audience, compared to more traditional offerings in a mentalist's repertoire? Is it suitable as an opener? Closer? For stage? For walkaraound? About how long does it take to perform? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.

Anybody?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Judging from previous posts, Train Tracking clearly goes over well with mentalists. There are effects which go over well with mentalists but which may not impress a lay audience as much (In the same way aspects of a a virtuoso musical performance may impress a fellow musician but may fly over the head of Joe Public).

I don't own Train Tracking so I ask those who do: How do you think it will go over with a general audience, compared to more traditional offerings in a mentalist's repertoire? Is it suitable as an opener? Closer? For stage? For walkaraound? About how long does it take to perform? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.

Anybody?

I answered all of your questions previously.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
This works best one on one or for a small group. But it can be done on stage as well. As a matter of fact, Atlas SLAYS with it on stage.

With a lay audience, this is a true miracle. And utterly impossible. It's not one of those effects that was made to fool magicians. It was made to give a spectator a feeling of REAL mind reading and I swear it does. Mark Elsdon nailed it on the head when he said this about train tracking: "It feels like he's walking around inside your head." It truly does feel this way. It feels like the mentalist knows your every thought.

I honestly you can't compare this to a book test. It's totally different. The problem with book test in layman eyes is why? "Why do I have to say stop on a 'random' page to think of a 'random' word? Why can't I just think of a random word?" "Why do I have to write it down only for it to get torn up? That's the only logical way he could have known my word." We performers try to come up with good explanations for it, and sometimes we do! But that thought is still in the back of their minds. With TT (weird how TT suddenly went from meaning Thumb Tip to meaning Train Tracking. Bet that will confuse some older ones at some point Smile ) they REALLY think of ANY word they want. There's no books, no lists, no restrictions, and no process behind the selection of the word.

But the TT itself is fun for the participant. And it is all covered by great presentation. The biggest difference is instead of reading one thought, you read their EVERY thought. And it all happened inside their own head.

I personally wouldn't use this as an opener or closer. Although you absolutely could. I think it's biggest value is using it when I meet someone who wants me to read their mind. Or for a potential client. It works great in that sense because you would only have to do TT for them to book a show. Nothing else.

The only problem with TT is that it's going to be an experience tht I don't think could be topped. It's almost TOO strong. TOO real.

However, if using the stage presentation, it isn't as strong simply because the only person tht truly experiences it is the one who actually thinks of everything. Because of that, it could fit in anywhere ito the act and would be an amazing piece for the audience to witness but also wouldn't be SO strong that it couldn't be topped.

Let's pretend that mind reading truly does exist and YOU have just had the opportunity to meet him. Here are two options. Which one would affect you more?

1) You meet the mind reader face to face and he tells you your every thought.
Or
2) You go to the mind readers stage show and he reads every thought of someone on the other side of the room.

Obviously it would be WAY stronger to experience it yourself. That's the same with this. That's why I, personally, don't think I'll use it on stage.

Hope this helps.

Here are the answers to all of your questions.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Steve,

I haven't received any email yet...I am book 165. Do I need to do something other than wait longer?

Thanks,

Nathan
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Magic.Maddy, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I appreciate and value your opinion and your review was one of the reasons I purchased Devin Knight's Penguin lecture.

Train Tracking seems to be really great, I hope I get a chance to experience it some time in the future.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Robert P. wrote:
Magic.Maddy, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I appreciate and value your opinion and your review was one of the reasons I purchased Devin Knight's Penguin lecture.

Train Tracking seems to be really great, I hope I get a chance to experience it some time in the future.

Thank you, that really means a lot to me. It's nice to hear someone appreciates a little of my efforts Smile
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Nathan Pain wrote:
Steve,

I haven't received any email yet...I am book 165. Do I need to do something other than wait longer?

Thanks,

Nathan

Atlas set up all the user accounts for books #142 and beyond.

I don't have a copy of those usernames and passwords yet. When I get them from Atlas you can PM me for your login info.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Excellent! Thanks!

Nathan
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Just got back from vacation to find copy of train tracking in my mail Smile
Only read the first variation by now and it's already awesom.

Thought didn't get a forum invite yet (copy number 154)
Reader discretion is advised.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
For those living in the states, how long did it take to get your book? I think Atlas sent mine out at the beginning of this week and I wonder if I'll get lucky and get it before I leave town on Sunday. I have a long flight from Texas to Ireland and it would be great to read it on the way.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Brad12d3, I also live in the States, my copy was mailed on July 15 and I just received it a few minutes ago. Hope this helps.

Gaunt
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Depends on how customs handles it.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Depends on how customs handles it.

Brad12d3, jaizon is correct. My copy may have been delayed in customs. Hopefully you will receive it in time for your trip.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
I am happy to announce TT #172 has finally arrived in Pennsylvania. Took from July 17th til about July 29th to arrive. Must say, very worth the wait for this book. The layout and structure are superb and leads one down the primrose path towards easily understanding the subject material and putting it to memory for easy recollection and use. I am now considering Atlas' book The Prodigal and/or maybe even his The Right Thing. But, those two subjects are for a different forum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..34~35~36~37~38..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL