The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Kn*wing G@me - Must See! (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Having looked at it in person, that Clown is real creepy. Right out of The Twilight Zone.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
#14 just arrived here. It's gorgeous. By "gorgeous," I mean creepy and authentic looking! Smile

I appreciate Winks suggesting it as a companion piece to Bobby Hasbun's "Inferno."
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Welcome to the club MG!!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
WoW don't know HOW I missed this thread....??!!, just emailed Steve on availability, this looks & sounds amazing of an effect !
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2014, Slydini wrote:
After hearing such great reviews, I knew I would regret not getting one. Just put my order in today!

Make sure to read the addendum at the back of the manual before playing the game. It lays out the rules and procedures more clearly.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Just got an email that my Kn*wing game will be shipping next week!! Actually, the email said early next week, but as will be gone and requested it be sent on Friday. I can't wait!!!
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Thanks for the tip MG, will do just that!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
I'm surprised this is still available. Something like 12 left I think??
I owe it a better review, but I haven't had an opportunity to perform with it yet so I've been waiting.

Here's a few more preliminary thoughts....

The props are so cool creepy! And completely authentic looking. The backstory goes deep
and you're supplied with extra materials to help sell the notion.

Steve has created a hoax phenomenon that is so eerily believable, I'll be honest and say
that given the stakes (soul!) that your spec has to lose.. I'm a little more weirded out
by this prop than I should be. It just pushes all the right / wrong buttons.

Don't get me wrong though. The premise is awesome!

The Kn*wing Game would also be an amazing tie in
for many different effects. You really could plan a whole evening around it.

I'll be curious to chat with other owners as to how they use theirs and the reactions they get.

Anyway - cheers to Steve and to whomever snags the remaining games!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Was also given an email update from Steve mine is coming along nicely & should ship in a week or so Smile

Considering this is a pre paid order from Steve 1st time & I never knew of him, I am happy so far with his immediate responses, communication & updates, really looking forward to receiving this "game" Smile
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, Slydini wrote:
Just got an email that my Kn*wing game will be shipping next week!! Actually, the email said early next week, but as will be gone and requested it be sent on Friday. I can't wait!!!

Slydini, congratulations. Like Inferno, the power of the effect is driven by the back story. As I was trying this out on friends I found the reactions got better the more I followed Steve's suggested script and handling tips.
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, horus1 wrote:
Steve has created a hoax phenomenon that is so eerily believable.

No one that I have shown this to has questioned its origin as an authentic hand made kids game from the 1940's. Even magician friends who know I like to buy unusual magical things.
Bob
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Steve just gave me my shipping notice Smile should have it by wed / Thurs !!

Has been awesome of Steve to keep in touch as my game has been going along & sending shipping info asap, very well appreciated ! Will post my thoughts on it when I receive my Kn*wing Game Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just received my Kn*wing Game, HOLEY CR*P this is AWESOME !!!!! Worth $250., YES every penny !! On my way out when the postman dropped this off & had to quickly post.
I now own #17 of 23, the props are soooooo original as most of them are, the reprinted / created items look as real as the tin boxes that are ! & I love the charred smell when you open the main tin, the clown & the rest of items are,......over the top & awesomely well done Steve !!!!

This will play SO well with Bobby's Inferno & vise - versa, Paul's Freaks will be a nice addy to this for an awesome set for circus themed performances !!

You'd swear that this treasure was just unearthed from under an old burnt barn siting out in a field for years - anyone on a fence considering buying, there's 5 or less left !!

Thank you Steve, AWESOME job on this effect & props, can't wait to get back & go thru the outstanding manual & folder you made for this Smile This thing is a TRUE piece of art !!!!
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Just received my set today. It is everything everyone else has stated! The smell is unbelievably realistic! It looks and smells like it has survived a fire.
The clown, well, words do not do that creepy thing justice.
My initial thought was that I was going to put the game in my Hobbs Box, but on seeing how awesome the tins that it comes in are, I might change my mind.
Where are people storing the game board?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, Slydini wrote:

I folded mine in quarters and keep it in the tin.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Keep my game board in the folder along with the scientific article report,..the latter I just refer to and flash to show that the professional study was done and I briefly describe it. Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Thanks Doc and Mind. I will keep mine in the folder as well. Has anyone added any outcomes to your set?
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Slydini wrote:
Has anyone added any outcomes to your set?

I give them the option to repurchase their souls for $50. Cash or Paypal.

(just kidding)
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:

Having established that their actions are being controlled by the smiling clown figure you could follow up The Kn*wing Game with another predetermination effect such as B'wave, again using the clown as the controlling force.
Bob
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

Having established that their actions are being controlled by the smiling clown figure you could follow up The Kn*wing Game with another predetermination effect such as B'wave, again using the clown as the controlling force.

Intrepid,

I like the idea of a predetermination effect, but wouldn't personally use B'wave without a strong and creepy backstory. I would wonder why the force in the clown would concern itself with making you, the victim, pick a particular card. I think B'wave might lessen rather than strengthen TKG if done as it normally is. Having said that, if the back story around the particular card was strong enough, it might work. What about the card being the calling card of a possessed serial killer someone normal prior to playing the game as a child, later killed by police. Now the clown is looking for another host and you are it.

Just riffing, I don't own TKG due to a shortage of funds, so take what I say with the requisite amount of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Kn*wing G@me - Must See! (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL