The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW help? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I use a modified MFW display and EC so that the ****** doesn't have a chance to ***** until required. If the cards don't come into direct contact they can't ***** together.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, Doug Arden wrote:
I have 4 Jokers in my pocket and a switch wallet (Showcase) loaded with 4 Aces. I pull the Jokers out and hand them to the spectator. I put the Aces away in the switch wallet immediately. When they're done looking at the Jokers they almost always ask to see the Aces. I pull out the wallet and hand them the real Aces which they of course can look at all day.

You don't really need a switching wallet. That just makes it harder to reset the trick.

Instead, you can just keep 4 Jokers and 4 Aces in any pocket ready to go. After the final phase of NFW, you say "I switched the Aces for the Jokers which are now in my pants/jacket pocket." Then dip the hand holding the gimmicked cards into that pocket ditching the gimmicked cards and pulling out the 8 regular cards. It'll look like you just dipped in to retrieve the Jokers. Now everything is examinable and to reset you just put the 8 cards back in that pocket and reset the gimmicked cards to wherever they started. No digging in and out of wallets.

Alternatively, you can deliver the line while patting a pocket with each hand as if to figure out which pocket the Jokers were it. Then dip both hands into your pockets. Your empty hand comes out with the Jokers while the one with the gimmicked cards switches them for the regular Aces.

I prefer the first method because if you really did just switch the cards then you should know which pocket the Jokers are in. Also, the first method uses less pocket space which is important if you're strolling or table hopping.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Back when I was performing NFW a lot, I just got rid of the "You know what" stuff, and just performed it without that. It can be done. Saved me a lot of grief. Also did the same thing with Richard sander's "Ten"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Or you can leave a set inside of the cello on the card box. It's free and effective. Just a thought.
Danno83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Danno83
Do people use NFW as an Opener and if so what would be your next trick you would go into from there so there is some flow to the routine?
Danno83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Danno83
Quote:

Instead, you can just keep 4 Jokers and 4 Aces in any pocket ready to go. After the final phase of NFW, you say "I switched the Aces for the Jokers which are now in my pants/jacket pocket."

love this Smile And what would you go into after NFW?
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Any handling alternative to the Hamman Count to show the four jokers? My Elmsley count is fine, but my Hamman count...
Danno83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Danno83
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2017, Recoplon wrote:
Any handling alternative to the Hamman Count to show the four jokers? My Elmsley count is fine, but my Hamman count...

You could show the 4 jokers how they are shown in the NFW promo video? I've done this a few times. However I find in a little unnatural to display 4 cards like that. I'm happy displaying them and counting and leaving one turned down. And then saying somwthing like 'apologies for that... he's a little a shy, let's see if we can get him to join the others... oh that's funny, they are normally pretty involved. Ok let's try this a different way... let's see if they other two want to join them or happy to participate. Hmmmm nope... all seem to be shy tonight... the thing is I've only recently introduced the jokers to my show... and don't seem too confident yet. Oh did you see that... they've infact jumped straight back in my pocket... these are the aces' silly patter I know Smile
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I watched Jim Surprise do the two as four count with NFW one time... I knew what he was doing and it fooled me! it looked and here is the deal /sounded/ just like he was peeling off the cards one by on and counting them... Get someone who really knows how to do the count to show you how to do it.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
A very clean show of the 4 jokers here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_4Q6ZstiTI, too. I think it heightens the effect a lot.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, aabc wrote:
A very clean show of the 4 jokers here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_4Q6ZstiTI, too. I think it heightens the effect a lot.

bad link
Danno83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Danno83
I have liked NFW for a long time, but I wanted a clean version of it, so came up with my own handling. No gimmick and can hand out cards afterwards for Dr Daleys, twisting the aces etc
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, Dollarbill wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, aabc wrote:

bad link

Works for me...
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Hmmmmmm.... I tried clicking on it and copy paste but no luck.....
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_4Q6ZstiTI definitely should work. Problems for anyone else?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ya that one worked. 👌
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW help? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL